Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default An Aunt May Movie?!?!?!?!

http://www.latino-review.com/news/ex...aunt-may-movie

So...this is a curve ball. The female Spider-Man film might not be a Black Cat film, a Silver Sable film, or a Spider-Girl film...

...BUT AN AUNT MAY FILM!!!

Where a younger Aunt May turns out to be part of a Spy agency.

...cue the freakout.

Sony may not be thinking straight with all their financial trouble.

So they're taking the spy origin for Richard and Mary and giving it to Aunt May? That sounds weird.

So is Aunt May trying to hook up Peter and MJ in ASM 3 as a sign of finding his nephew a sweetheart, or because she wants to recruit for her pseudo-SHIELD group?

BANNED

background.jpg
    If we have a 50 Shades movie, then why not this?

This can't be true. It just can't be. The female movie needs to be about a returned Gwen Stacy as either Carnage, Spider-Gwen, or something else entirely.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member

If Sony's taking that path towards making a female Spider-Character that's Aunt May instead of the Black Cat, then they are going to let the ball drop as this would be beyond all logical sense. The Black Cat movie could easily fill in the spy-thief angle because that is what Felicia does in the comic, as well as the Black Widow and Silver Sable. But why do a spy movie on Aunt May whose never been connected to the spy ring to begin with?
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-11-2014 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    If Sony's taking that path towards making a female Spider-Character that's Aunt May instead of the Black Cat, then they are going to let the ball drop as this would be beyond all logical sense. The Black Cat movie could easily fill in the spy-thief angle because that is what Felicia does in the comic, as well as the Black Widow and Silver Sable. But why do a spy movie on Aunt May whose never been connected to the spy ring to begin with?
    You do know that Sony can't make a Black Widow movie, right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    You do know that Sony can't make a Black Widow movie, right?
    It was a figure of speech. The Black Cat movie could work in that manner as her Pre-OMD counterpart. But to use Aunt May whose never had a connection to the spy ring, now her husband. If Sony does decide to go ahead and make a female lead Spider-Movie on Aunt May as a spy, then I would say to them good luck with it as they would have missed a huge opportunity to have applied that to the Black Cat.

BANNED

Pity the FOX rights issues make Aunt May-herald of Galactus an impossibility on the big screen

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    So...this is a curve ball. The female Spider-Man film might not be a Black Cat film, a Silver Sable film, or a Spider-Girl film...

OH. MY. GOD. YES! I would watch the hell out of that! Especially if it were a romantic comedy about her getting together with Ben. Really throw us off, broaden the franchise and give some weight to Ben's life, rather than just his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Pity the FOX rights issues make Aunt May-herald of Galactus an impossibility on the big screen
    Dammit! That would be something truly breathtaking to see on the big screen.

OH. MY. GOD. NO! Hate it for his parents, hate it for May. Peter should come from an ordinary back-ground. Nothing is gained by making every adult in his life a hero before him. It lessens the "great power, great responsibility" thing.
    Last edited by exile001; 11-11-2014 at 05:52 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

http://www.latino-review.com/news/ex...aunt-may-movie

...cue the freakout.
    As quirky as it sounds, strangely, I am not against this idea. I'm big on spies in the Spider family, so if May Reilly dropped her dish towel after "Trouble", and followed Richard and Mary into the spy game, it could explain why Richard and Mary left Peter in Mays keeping. It could also elaborate on the why of Richards and Marys spy business. Was Fury involved in this? I wouldn't be surprised. At some point, as Mary had to take care of the baby Peter, May and Ben could have gotten involved with Richards work. What is really intriguing is how after "Trouble" a foursome of pretty innocuous teens morphed into the spy game. Now that's a secret I want to find out. And if it had something to do with the BIG secret of the Marvel Universe super heroes, it will be doubly so. I always suspected the super heroes were seeded, and not by the Celestials, because they sprung up suddenly at a very specific time in history, and that time might be relevant on a very physical level. If something was going to happen around the beginning of the super heroes emerging, then a seeding of super powers was not only an option but a necessity. The work of Richard and Mary, and possibly May as well, could have led to that moment being decided upon, and May and Richards baby was a deliberate act to make a super hero baby because of those circumstances, like a life boat for humanity.
    Last edited by jackolover; 11-11-2014 at 05:55 AM.

I'm hoping that someone at Sony was purposefully spreading false rumors. Because this seems really dumb.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm hoping that someone at Sony was purposefully spreading false rumors. Because this seems really dumb.
    *puts tongue firmly in cheek* Perhaps they're that desperate they're checking other comic companies, noted the popularity of Grayson, and thought "that'll do".

Reilly, Coming 2017.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!