Fred-TJ Miller
    Go Go Tomago-Jamie Chung
    Wasabi-Damon Wayans Jr
    Honey Lemon-Genesis Rodriguez

Aunt Cass-Maya Rudolph
    Professor Callaghan-James Cromwell
    Alistair Krei-Alan Tudyk
    Tadashi-Daniel Henney

As a big Disney fan I'm very curious to see what will happen with this next upcoming one, their 54th entry in the Disney Animated Canon. With Frozen seemingly at the end of its monumental run, here's hoping we'll start getting more info.
    Last edited by Xalfrea; 07-15-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Finally, there's a new look at BH6, in anticipation of Thursday's trailer.

At a first glance, I'm kind of disappointed. I would have appreciated a little visual shorthand in regards to Hiro's appearance, but these are just stills. Hopefully the trailer is more interesting and hopefully some of the Japanese characters come out looking less whitewashed.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 05-20-2014 at 05:20 AM.

Hey, great finds. Where did you get them?

Hiro looks OK, and Baymax for some reason I just find adorable. Maybe its the dot eyes on the giant robot. Looking forward to seeing it in motion.

Astonishing Member

I found them on ComicBookMovie.com, as they're usually the fastest at picking up on these scoops.

I'm still hoping for the best with this one. I think this could have as much impact on the use of Marvel properties as GotG will.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 05-20-2014 at 05:46 AM.

It'll depend though on Disney, as they're the primary ones behind this as opposed to Marvel. Though I think "Disney/Marvel's Big Hero 6" could have much more power to it.

The main factor that worries me is the ungodly success of Frozen. People might be expecting that the next big Disney movie will be another fairy tale and may be disappointed with Disney doing superheroes instead.

On the other hand, superheroes are the big thing right now, and people accepted Pixar's The Incredibles perfectly fine, so...

Astonishing Member

I don't expect this to be anywhere near the success of Frozen, but I think Disney is hoping for something along the lines of Wreck-it-Ralph in box office take - $450 million is a good first take for a "new" property in and outside of the superhero subgenre.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    At a first glance, I'm kind of disappointed. I would have appreciated a little visual shorthand in regards to Hiro's appearance, but these are just stills. Hopefully the trailer is more interesting and hopefully some of the Japanese characters come out looking less whitewashed.
    The whole thing is whitewashed. Hence the crappy setting.
    Because obviously kids in America can't relate to people who're not from America. Hence why movies like LOTR and The Hobbit do so amazingly badly. /sarcasm

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It looks fantastic. I love the composition and rendering of the stills and I've liked what we've seen so far design wise (Obviously I really want to see the final design sheets for all of the cast as soon as possible though). And naturally the animation is going to be great, it's Disney at it's worst their film animation is better than 75% of their competition on a good day.

Never thought I'd be excited for something called Big Hero 6 but here we are and it's looking grand.

It looks pretty nice. I wouldn't mind seeing Disney doing more animated Marvel films, if this does well for them.

BANNED

If this is a success then maybe we can get that long awaited Power Pack movie from Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    It looks fantastic. I love the composition and rendering of the stills and I've liked what we've seen so far design wise (Obviously I really want to see the final design sheets for all of the cast as soon as possible though). And naturally the animation is going to be great, it's Disney at it's worst their film animation is better than 75% of their competition on a good day.

Never thought I'd be excited for something called Big Hero 6 but here we are and it's looking grand.
    I can vouch for that. Among Disney's main films I absolutely despise Chicken Little and Home on the Range, but it's not like they god-awfully bad or anything. They're just extremely disappointing for Disney. Or in Chicken Little's case, extremely mean-spirited.

As for a Power Pack movie done by Disney, I certainly wouldn't object.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm talking strictly animation. Disney has released some pretty bad animated films in it's animated canon. It's just that very few of them are poorly animated.