Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

http://ultimateproximity.tumblr.com/...-scenes-videos

Vids of voice recording sessions. I really think the voice director has chosen these voices well and is doing a good job in this one. She was also the voice director for Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS-icFZQvTU

Confirmation that Honey Lemon in this movie is, in fact, Latina.

Astonishing Member

Early reviews are in, including from Variety and The Wrap.

So far, it sounds like Disney has another hit on their hands.

Glad to hear that so far it's doing good. Hope to see things really go into overdrive once November comes in.

This should be fun and it wont be screwed around with the usual suspects at marvel, considering the Marvel editors havent even tried to promote the movie in comicbook form - I figure Big Hero 6 in its current incarnation doesn't fit into their world view....thank god.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    This should be fun and it wont be screwed around with the usual suspects at marvel, considering the Marvel editors havent even tried to promote the movie in comicbook form - I figure Big Hero 6 in its current incarnation doesn't fit into their world view....thank god.
    I can understand why. The thing is with Marvel's renewed focus on offbeat books BH6 is the perfect property for them to take a second look at.

So, considering all the Marvel movies, I don't think I need to say that we should always stay after the credits for every movie now.

But yeah, they did say that BH6 will have an after credit scene.

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/24/big-...r-credits-sce/

It's probably gonna be a joke or something, but it's just something to note.

Comes out next week Friday. So close, yet so far!

Considering how this movie may or may not occupy the official Marvel Cinematic Universe, is this a way for Marvel Studios to release some Marvel characters that they would like to see come to live action, but may not necessarily want as part of the cinematic universe?

For instance...let's say they got the rights back to Spider-Man tomorrow, but didn't want Spider-Man as part of the MCU due to nagging questions like "where was he during the battle of New York?" or just plain: Spider-Man doesn't fit into the plan we've built. Would Marvel just offer up the property to Disney to make the Spider-Man movies? Is this a way for them to have their cake and eat it too?

Does Big Hero 6 fall into that category?
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Yep final week before release. Some countries will be getting it even earlier this week.

Some more reviews have been coming out to be even more favorable.

Astonishing Member

Just got back from an early showing, and I really enjoyed this. It was a bit predictable at parts, and people will complain that certain characters were short-changed but really the core of the story is about a boy, his robot and how together they're able to overcome a tragic loss.

Baymax is easily in the running for most lovable character this year.

I loved the Stan Lee "cameo" and other little Marvel Easter eggs scattered about.

I'm just surprised that it took this long for someone to once again make an animated film about superheroes.

Gogo is a scene-stealer.

The way Yokai's powers are displayed is really awesome, and unlike the typical Marvel villain, his motives are extremely clear.

At the end of the day, BH6 isn't a great film, but it's still a good one that manages to strike just the right emotional chords at the right moment.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 11-06-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Yeah that seems to be a consensus I'm hearing. It's not a "masterpiece", and it certainly doesn't push the boundaries that some of the animated canon have done these past few years in the revival era, but it's still a good film, and shows the revival era is still going strong.

BANNED

BIG HERO 6 COSPLAY

Well I just saw Big Hero 6. My full review is here

http://couchci.blogspot.com/2014/11/...ig-hero-6.html

But basically, I enjoyed it very much. I wouldn't call it "amazing" but I felt it was still great. Hiro and Baymax are the strongest points of the whole movie, and I felt everything with those two was perfect. The rest of it though? I can understand why some may be iffy towards the other aspects of the movie, but they never bothered me that much anyway.

For the sake of comparison, I personally wouldn't go far to say its as good as Frozen, but it's still showing that Disney is still going very strong through its Revival Era. Among its animated film brethren of 2014, I probably wouldn't put it as best animated film of the year either. That would be either the Lego Movie or How to Train Your Dragon 2. But I can at least see Big Hero 6 getting nominations, if not wins.

spoilers:
    Stan Lee
    end of spoilers

discusses his role in Big Hero 6. I can't help but chuckle at how he considers Disney his god when he was growing up.

Mighty Member

Saw this 3 times, really dug it! a nice adaptation of the comic as it feels like an anime/Power Rangers homage all the way with great performances, animation and all that.

Plus i even cried near the end as it was very touching stuff.