Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    At a first glance, I'm kind of disappointed. I would have appreciated a little visual shorthand in regards to Hiro's appearance, but these are just stills. Hopefully the trailer is more interesting and hopefully some of the Japanese characters come out looking less whitewashed.
    The whole thing is whitewashed. Hence the crappy setting.
    Because obviously kids in America can't relate to people who're not from America. Hence why movies like LOTR and The Hobbit do so amazingly badly. /sarcasm

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It looks fantastic. I love the composition and rendering of the stills and I've liked what we've seen so far design wise (Obviously I really want to see the final design sheets for all of the cast as soon as possible though). And naturally the animation is going to be great, it's Disney at it's worst their film animation is better than 75% of their competition on a good day.

Never thought I'd be excited for something called Big Hero 6 but here we are and it's looking grand.

It looks pretty nice. I wouldn't mind seeing Disney doing more animated Marvel films, if this does well for them.

BANNED

If this is a success then maybe we can get that long awaited Power Pack movie from Disney.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    If this is a success then maybe we can get that long awaited Power Pack movie from Disney.

I still don't understand why this hasn't happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    It looks fantastic. I love the composition and rendering of the stills and I've liked what we've seen so far design wise (Obviously I really want to see the final design sheets for all of the cast as soon as possible though). And naturally the animation is going to be great, it's Disney at it's worst their film animation is better than 75% of their competition on a good day.

Never thought I'd be excited for something called Big Hero 6 but here we are and it's looking grand.
    I can vouch for that. Among Disney's main films I absolutely despise Chicken Little and Home on the Range, but it's not like they god-awfully bad or anything. They're just extremely disappointing for Disney. Or in Chicken Little's case, extremely mean-spirited.

As for a Power Pack movie done by Disney, I certainly wouldn't object.

I'm talking strictly animation. Disney has released some pretty bad animated films in it's animated canon. It's just that very few of them are poorly animated.

Animation wise? Hmm...which ones would those be? Robin Hood because of its excessive usage of portions from past Disney Animated Canon movies?

I think a Power Pack movie hasn't been made yet because of, you know, its subject matter. Trying to make it a live action movie would be incredibly risky, but animated it could be done.

Recycling animation is far from a cardinal sin. Robin Hood's usage of recycled footage is just a bit more obvious than in some other Disney animated pictures. There's actually a lot of good stuff in Robin Hood especially when it comes to walk cycles.

When it comes to poorly animated Disney films... There really aren't any that don't have some really excellent work in them animation wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    It looks pretty nice. I wouldn't mind seeing Disney doing more animated Marvel films, if this does well for them.
    This is kind of what I'm hoping for. A few more Marvel properties being turned into animated features. I would love to see something like Runaways get the animated treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    At this point, I'm hoping that this movie is considered a success enough to warrant sequels + expansion into further animated features.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Teaser for the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEP_rhmbtbU

The brief animation from what I've seen looks to be very bright and fast-paced. Like it so far.

BANNED

When announced I was more excited for this than the other Marvel Studio launches.

And Power Pack would be a great animated film but an even more awesomer live action film.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 05-21-2014 at 04:55 PM.

And here we go.

Doesn't show much but it looks fun. And again, much like the Olaf trailer for Frozen, don't take this too much because it might now even happen in the movie. Much like that first trailer for The Incredibles.

No Marvel logo. I thought they would trow it in there just for brand value. It will pretty much be more a Disney than Marvel.

Looks fun. I like that it seems most of the comedy will come from Baymax but he's not a comic relief character.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    No Marvel logo. I thought they would trow it in there just for brand value. It will pretty much be more a Disney than Marvel.
    Yeah, having the Marvel logo would help tremendously for the support of this movie.