Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Disney should definitely acknowledge that it's based on a Marvel property, even if Marvel's not directly involved with the production.

That said, the teaser does look fun. I'm very curious to see how they characterize Baymax, and I hope he's not a silent protag.

While I'm sure Baymax will have a voice, he probably won't talk a whole lot. Much like Iron Giant.

In fact I'm getting big Iron Giant vibes from this. Though this is just a teaser, it does go to show much Hiro will do for the big bot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    No Marvel logo. I thought they would trow it in there just for brand value. It will pretty much be more a Disney than Marvel.

Looks fun. I like that it seems most of the comedy will come from Baymax but he's not a comic relief character.

I'm pretty tick that there isn't ANY MARVEL REFERENCE in the teaser.

Would it hurt Disney to try to acknowledge that this is a MARVEL COMIC that they're doing a movie of ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Disney should definitely acknowledge that it's based on a Marvel property, even if Marvel's not directly involved with the production.

That said, the teaser does look fun. I'm very curious to see how they characterize Baymax, and I hope he's not a silent protag.

A similar thing could be said for Marvel to PUSH THIS TEAM A BIT in preparation for the movie.

It may not be AVENGERS OR X-MEN OR Spider-man level, but it is a first for both companies. So that's important right ?

So far it seems the only major Marvel involvement in this is is in the production process with Marvel's creative team.

Even if Marvel won't be that involved with the movie, I'm hoping that they can at least make comic tie-ins with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I'm pretty tick that there isn't ANY MARVEL REFERENCE in the teaser.

Would it hurt Disney to try to acknowledge that this is a MARVEL COMIC that they're doing a movie of ?
    From looking at the trailer ( which is really funny and adorable), I'm thinking this is aimed more towards Disney's typical market. Somewhere between The Incredibles and How To Train Your Dragon in tone.

So Disney is promoting it as its own product as a opposed to a Marvel product.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm not excited for this film at all.

After seeing this trailer, and seeing that it will be made by the same people who made Wreck It ralph and Frozen, which are both really great films, I can say that I am completely excited for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I'm not excited for this film at all.
    Which is why you have a Baymax gif for your avatar, right.

I think the problem with putting Marvel at the forefront is that people may think this is the standard Marvel comic book movie. Heck people in various places are already confused, thinking that they're gonna see Iron Man or Spider-Man in this movie.

Astonishing Member

Just wanted to pop in to say that I finally got to see the teaser for this in theaters, and it got a positive reception. Mind you the theater wasn't particularly packed at the time, but people laughed and chuckled at the right place.

I think it'll manage just fine.

Yeah when I watched Maleficent they showed a trailer for BH6, and people were laughing like crazy. So I think people are interested now.

This movie is "inspired" but NOT based on the comics. It will be white washed, no Sunfire nor Silver Samurai.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    no Sunfire nor Silver Samurai.
    Fox likely has ownership over them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Fox likely has ownership over them.
    Yeah. I'm not sure why anyone was expecting those two to show up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    From looking at the trailer ( which is really funny and adorable), I'm thinking this is aimed more towards Disney's typical market. Somewhere between The Incredibles and How To Train Your Dragon in tone.

So Disney is promoting it as its own product as a opposed to a Marvel product.
    They could at least mention that it is inspired upon a Marvel Comic of the same name, in some way or form in the trailer.