Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Not a huge fan of the armored look, but it could be fun. Something I'd probably take my nephew to go see.

Interested in finding out how they're going to make Honey Lemon's purse work, what sort of limitations they'll give it so it's not just a deus ex machina.

You realize that Frozen "crap" didn't start with Frozen, right? It started with Tangled.

And again, I attribute it as their current animation style for drawing people. I don't get it, why are some so pissy about these past few Disney movies copying that same look when Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast & Aladdin did the same with their wide, expressive eyes and similar styles of drawing people?

Is it because of that whole "Renaissance era is god and everything else sucks" stigma?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    I actually think they made Wasabi, African American.
    Is San Frantokyo set in Japan? 'Cause that would make him African-Japanese...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I can already see Baymax plushies coming out. Also Probably a good deal for cosplayers with this group. I like the mixed group and, while yes I miss Silver Samurai, this could easily lead in to a comic being created all over again which would be nice.
    I was actually looking forward to a fred plushie, until i saw what they did to him...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Is San Frantokyo set in Japan? 'Cause that would make him African-Japanese...
    Yeah. Somebody else made that remark. Another call I've heard is that he's Samoan. That's also a possibility. We have no clue at this point besides the visual.

OK...so according to the news on here, when they put up the news of the posters, Disney requested that they be taken down because they are fakes.

How the heck could they be fake? They look professionally made and completely line up with what we have so far from the few low-res posters we've gotten before.

Hopefully this time these are official. Because in the pictures featured here, we actually see the team in their civilian identities.

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney...6/#hiro-hamada

Our finalized cast is:

Hiro-Ryan Potter
    Baymax-Scott Adsit
    Fred-TJ Miller
    Go Go Tomango-Jamie Chung
    Wasabi-Damon Wayans Jr
    Honey Lemon-Genesis Rodriguez

Aunt Cass-Maya Rudolph
    Professor Callaghan-James Cromwell
    Alistair Krei-Alan Tudyk
    Tadashi-Daniel Henney

Wow. Honey Lemon is... so disappointing.

I wonder if it was intentional to make THIS Honey Lemon a geeky, goofy looking sympathetic girl (who looks suspiciously like Moppet Girl from Wreck-It Ralph) and radically different from the comics Honey Lemon.

Some other info that'll be in play in the movie is revealed here too. For example, Baymax's primary function is a healthcare robot. Hiro used to be part of underground bot fights, Fred actually doesn't transform into Fredzilla and Tomago's in industrial-engineering.
    Last edited by Xalfrea; 07-14-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Honey Lemon's redesign I sort of get, especially with the fact that it's being marketed to children. They need to sell dolls and posters and costumes that are more 'armored' and less 'boobs.'

I haven't read the BH6 comics, so is Honey in there one of those characters that combines blatant fanservice and actual good personality and character development?

Lately I've been into that kind of crowd, the one that manages to combine good looks but not to the point of over-service, combined with a good personality and actual character development instead of just being a walking, talking rack.

For this movie, I think it does help that we have two females to appeal to the girl crowd, especially since that market's not going to be the primary focus this time around. As far as what seem to be the finalized designs go, I have no significant complaints. There's not much difference from those beta posters we got TBH. What really gets me here is their civilian looks. We can clearly see the Tangled-Frozen-Wreck It Ralph design trait at play again and they look great on the characters. I can't wait to see them in motion and when they actually speak and we see some hero action.

Honey Lemon though could possibly be the one that'll draw the most ire given her change in, ahem, some areas.

TBQH, even if I did read the BH6 comics, I don't care if she's redesigned, changed, or whatnot. Because this is Disney. They ALWAYS do this. I think if some people can just lighten up and remember this fact, there'd be less misery when it comes to this movie.
    Last edited by Xalfrea; 07-14-2014 at 05:46 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'm disappointed about the racebending involved.

I mean why can't hero be fully Japanese instead of half-Caucasian?

Actually, I think I get it. Visual shorthand. He's the physical representation of the unified San Fransokyo.

EDIT: I applaud them actually casting an Asian/Caucasian for the role though. Props for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I'm disappointed about the racebending involved.

I mean why can't hero be fully Japanese instead of half-Caucasian?
    Because Hollywood and american TV decided that US people don't want to see that:

Zyuranger_episode_46.jpg

but that:

original-group.jpg
    Last edited by mugiwara; 07-14-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Not a fair comparison considering Zyuranger and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers are two completely different shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Not a fair comparison considering Zyuranger and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers are two completely different shows.
    But the reasoning is the same: we don't want someting that doesn't take place in the USA and we don't want a cast full of asian people.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 07-14-2014 at 05:15 PM.