View Poll Results: Married Scott & Emma "doing it" during mindlink...is it adultery?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

69 78.41%
  • No

14 15.91%
  • It doesn't matter to me. No Comment

5 5.68%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    What a lot of people are missing from this is that Scott was suffering from PTSD after being possessed by Apocalypse. This is even acknowledged within story at one point by Jean herself (hence why she is more angry at Emma than him). There is a reason relationships between therapists and patients are viewed as unethical in real life and what Emma did here could be considered taking advantage of a mentally and emotionally vulnerable person (especially since she initiated the affair).
    ya, and peple seem to forget jean has been mind cheatin and bodily cheatin for quite some time on young clops, but of course, instead of it being a "flaw" on jean grey, all the jean/logan or jean/anything wankers are getting off on it.
    IN CYCLOPS WE TRUST.
    Cyclops fans, stay true, stay humble, stay strong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    What a lot of people are missing from this is that Scott was suffering from PTSD after being possessed by Apocalypse. This is even acknowledged within story at one point by Jean herself (hence why she is more angry at Emma than him). There is a reason relationships between therapists and patients are viewed as unethical in real life and what Emma did here could be considered taking advantage of a mentally and emotionally vulnerable person (especially since she initiated the affair).
    She's not a professionnal, so no. She was here for him. Scott is not a young boy anymore. If he was feeling better with her than with Jean then, that's it. Jean herself was maybe too much for Scott to handle. Hell, Jean should just stay alone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Is that actually true though? Sure the old Cyclops wasn't as popular compared to his cast mates but the X-Men also had a lot more fans back then as well.
    Yes. Change Cyclops to Wolverine in your original post and it would be accurate.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    When was this?
    I think the issue was 115. It was when Cassandra Nova was in Charles' body and was going to be going away in a Shiar ship. Logan is meditating in an open spot up on a hill, Jean hits on Logan, kisses Logan, and they walk off into the woods (Logan turned her down, but it was after a pretty hot kiss). Cut to Scott looking up at that hill. Emma asks him where the Shiar ship was, and he told her, which was not in the direction he was looking. It was pretty clear what had his attention.

It was in the spirit and intention of adultery, just without the physical aspect. I'd say yes.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Wasn't it implied that Cassandra Nova in Charles body did... "Things" to Lilandra? At least it seemed like with how emotionally broken she ended up being and what Cass said when she was casting aside Lilandra while taunting the heroes.

For for Cyke/Emma... It was Adultery but he was in a very bad emotional state at the time and didn't even know why it was wrong only that it felt wrong. Guy was a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomDave View Post
    I think the issue was 115. It was when Cassandra Nova was in Charles' body and was going to be going away in a Shiar ship. Logan is meditating in an open spot up on a hill, Jean hits on Logan, kisses Logan, and they walk off into the woods (Logan turned her down, but it was after a pretty hot kiss). Cut to Scott looking up at that hill. Emma asks him where the Shiar ship was, and he told her, which was not in the direction he was looking. It was pretty clear what had his attention.
    117 for the issue.
    Certainly an interesting take on things. I got a pretty different read from it.

First of all they are in thick brush (If anyone has screens, feel free). There isn't a chance he would have seen a thing. The forest shot was just an image saying "we used to be there, now we are here". Not unlike scene swapping in a tv show or something. He was looking at the spaceship, just as Jean/Wolvie were looking at earlier.

As for the Jean/Wovie stuff, she doesn't directly hit on him. She comes across as completely confused. Shes up there talking about how badly she wants Scott, but apoc changed him and things aren't working. She seems to be wrestling with continuing trying to fix it, or moving on. Hence the romantic tension. Thus it was a giant mixture of looking for advice, exploring other romantic options, and just trying to be less lost.
    Then there is the kiss itself. When I read it, I thought the whole thing was Logan in control. First of all, Jean is leaning backwards as if Logan leaned in. (Naturally its worth noting Jean wasn't exactly resisting since were discussing ethics and all that).
    Now take it in the context in the conversation. Logan is saying "you and Scott are meant to be together". Jean is bumbling around lost. Logan does a Logan sort of thing. Does the kiss as a "Snap out of it, you and Scott work, figure it out", with a little bit of pleasure on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Jean has kissed Logan while she has dated Scott.

So they both were not the best of partners.
    Sure. But sleeping with someone else when you are married is a lot more major than kissing someone else when you are dating. I agree with you, and I am team Cyke, but Cyclops committed adultery and I think it's awful he did that

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    Sure. But sleeping with someone else when you are married is a lot more major than kissing someone else when you are dating. I agree with you, and I am team Cyke, but Cyclops committed adultery and I think it's awful he did that
    Well i dont know, but for me physically kissing someone is on the same lvl of psychically "doing it" with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well i dont know, but for me physically kissing someone is on the same lvl of psychically "doing it" with someone.
    didn't she get psychically manipulated to do wyngarde? and she kissed gambit or something, or maybe it was that a decoy her was kisse dby gambit. i forget.
    IN CYCLOPS WE TRUST.
    Cyclops fans, stay true, stay humble, stay strong.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Hmmm... Interesting point. Scott and Emma were doing a mental thing while jean was actually in-person kissing wolverine. BUT marriage carries a weight of commitment to it and consequences to breaking that commitment that dating doesn't have (IMO). Of course dating carries varying levels of commitment (with open-marriages, some marriages carry varying levels of commitment as well), but dating, I think by and large, is not seen as heavy of a level of commitment as marriage is

Scott was married to Jean, and although he and Emma were only doing mind games, I believe it all felt real. If it feels real, and you are consensually engaging someone besides your spouse for sexual activity that feels real, even if it's just mental, I have to label that as adultery.

I LOVE Cyclops. And I prefer him with Emma over Jean, and I understand this plot line did a lot for Scott, Emma, and Jean's characters. But even as a big Cyke fan, I'm bummed he gave into Emma's advances

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

The hypocritical ginger never owned up to any of her transgressions. No moral high ground whatsoever.

The phrase 'she ran around in a corset for everyone ... but with me it's all sensible shoes and rollnecks' sums up Jean's character perfectly. Grant Morrisson got her character right. She's the epitomization of ultra-conservative douchebag-ery and hypocricy in the guise of a preppy 50s housewife, who feels self-righteous enough to condemn whole star systems into oblivion. Jean hates Emma because she is everything she can't be; she'd love to wear the corset and run away with the bad boy with the motorcycle, but instead she traps herself into the sensible shoes and rollnecks until she explodes into hissy fits of cosmic proportions.

Scott has done what any sensible man would do. Run away from the monster and choose the company of another human being, who loves and appreciates him for all his faults and insecurities. The only mistake he made is not manning up and owning his decision instead of playing hide + seek in a psychic affair.
    Last edited by Dosas; 05-11-2014 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    The hypocritical ginger never owned up to any of her transgressions. No moral high ground whatsoever.
    Yep. I swear Cyclops/Jean were married when she kissed Logan some of the times..

If not...even when she was just dating Scott...what she did during X-Factor Vol 1 61 X-Tinction Agenda was pretty disrespectful to Scott.

In real world something like this could never happen but this is a world where things like telepathy are quite common. But I think it is cheating. Telepaths can use their powers to make realistic illusions and make even thoughts seem real. So for all intents and purposes it was real and thus counts as adultery. And if you had something like this in real world then it would eventually be classified as adultery since otherwise anyone could cheat on their spouse with a psychic and then say that it doesn't count because it wasn't really physical. But it's still cheating because they feel it, experience it and remember it like it happened. At least Emma would have done it physically if it wasn't possible psychically and I think that Scott would have eventually done it physically as well. Tp just made it easier because Scott didn't realize that it was comparable to physical adultery.

And while Scott was confused by all the feelings he had after his merging with Big A and it affected his decisions being a crappy husband is in character now and whether or not you like it. He did it first to Madelyne with Jean and then to Jean with Emma so now it's impossible to deny that he is the type of person who can't get married without it ending with him being unfateful to his wife.

Also Jean and Scott have both been pretty unfaithful to each other over the course of their relationship. Sure Scott thought that Jean was dead when he moved on to Maddie but as soon as Jean came back Scott dumped Maddie for her and then when he did he expected that Jean wouldn't mind the fact that he had married another woman during her absence and that they'd just get back together. So both Jean and Scott were asses to each other and Scott to Maddie as well during the X-Factor days. They have both done wrong things but at least Jean never dumped her husband completely for another man even if she did kiss another once or twice. Scott on the other hand has dumped his first wife for his ex and then cheated on his wife with another woman and then made out with her on his wife's grave. (it was due to a psychic push from Future Jean but still, I doubt she forced him to make out with Emma on her grave!)
    Last edited by Tomppa; 05-12-2014 at 09:21 AM.