View Poll Results: Married Scott & Emma "doing it" during mindlink...is it adultery?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    69 78.41%
  • No

    14 15.91%
  • It doesn't matter to me. No Comment

    5 5.68%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 127
  1. #61
    BANNED dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,038

    Default

    Wasnt that at least once emma psychically disguised herself as jean (i think, dressed as the dark phoenix) to have sex with him ?

  2. #62
    Embrace the Fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Wasnt that at least once emma psychically disguised herself as jean (i think, dressed as the dark phoenix) to have sex with him ?
    Moar than once. Scott was in on it, though. No deception involved. it was super creepy/hilarious.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 05-13-2014 at 03:32 AM.

  3. #63
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,821

    Default

    It's heavily implied that Jean and Logan did the same thing at the end of the issue. It was written to compliment Morrisons New X-Men.



    It's also heavily implied in that Unlimited X-Men issue where Emma thinks all men are twerps and Cyclops tells here that she's the one who makes men boring and that she just needs to give one a chance. Jean and Logan are pretty comfy in that issue too.

  4. #64
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alabama :(
    Posts
    3,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dosas View Post
    The phrase 'she ran around in a corset for everyone ... but with me it's all sensible shoes and rollnecks' sums up Jean's character perfectly. Grant Morrisson got her character right. She's the epitomization of ultra-conservative douchebag-ery and hypocricy in the guise of a preppy 50s housewife, who feels self-righteous enough to condemn whole star systems into oblivion. Jean hates Emma because she is everything she can't be; she'd love to wear the corset and run away with the bad boy with the motorcycle, but instead she traps herself into the sensible shoes and rollnecks until she explodes into hissy fits of cosmic proportions.
    No, Jean hates Emma because of Emma's hand in Phoenix's corruption.

  5. #65
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    In real world something like this could never happen but this is a world where things like telepathy are quite common.
    Things like tyhis happen all the time in the real world. May I refer you to post 27 of this thread? The entire adultry story was an analogue for situations that exist.

  6. #66
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Wasnt that at least once emma psychically disguised herself as jean (i think, dressed as the dark phoenix) to have sex with him ?
    She wasn't disguised, she was cosplaying. There was no intent to deceive Scott and make him think she was Jean.

  7. #67
    BANNED Tomppa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Things like tyhis happen all the time in the real world. May I refer you to post 27 of this thread? The entire adultry story was an analogue for situations that exist.
    What?! People have affairs behind each other's backs with telepaths in their minds?! Why haven't I ever heard of this?! I didn't even know that telepaths exist!!!

    Okay, but seriously, it's still a lot different from cybersex or sexting because with telepaths doing it in their minds is more than just thinking about it, you experience it, feel it and afterwards remember it like it happened! So in the end online affairs and cybersex/sexting are the closest real world equalent but it still doesn't match it completely because in the end sexting/online sex chats are still different from if you do it with telepath inside your heads. So no things like that don't happen in the real world at all. Marriages getting stale and people going to online datesites and chatting with other people behind their partners' backs does and it's a metaphor for that but it's still worlds apart if you go into detail.

  8. #68
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    Okay, but seriously, it's still a lot different from cybersex or sexting because with telepaths doing it in their minds is more than just thinking about it, you experience it, feel it and afterwards remember it like it happened! So in the end online affairs and cybersex/sexting are the closest real world equalent but it still doesn't match it completely because in the end sexting/online sex chats are still different from if you do it with telepath inside your heads. So no things like that don't happen in the real world at all. Marriages getting stale and people going to online datesites and chatting with other people behind their partners' backs does and it's a metaphor for that but it's still worlds apart if you go into detail.
    Eh, I think you're missing the fine points of what a metaphor is.

  9. #69
    Mighty Member Lokimaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It's heavily implied that Jean and Logan did the same thing at the end of the issue. It was written to compliment Morrisons New X-Men.



    It's also heavily implied in that Unlimited X-Men issue where Emma thinks all men are twerps and Cyclops tells here that she's the one who makes men boring and that she just needs to give one a chance. Jean and Logan are pretty comfy in that issue too.
    I think most people are under the delusion of "If it didn't happen in the pages of New-X-men, it didn't happen". Also they always make Wolverine the aggresser the those Kissing situations to absolve Jean of any Guilt. He forces the Kisses on her and even though she could easily throw him of her she stay with it. Somehow thou when the female is the Aggressor like with Emma it's not the case. Emma took advantage of Scott so completely that if it was Tyke in that situation you'd be looking around for Chris Hanson.

  10. #70
    Junior Member phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Thney wilol never show emma/scott love on the big screen so jean and scott win. Also in astonishing x-men scott said to emma "i never touch you"(referring to the pyschic affair) and emma goes like so our trysts were psychic ur conscience is clear and scott said no it wasnt

  11. #71
    Rookie Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Mindspace isn't Vegas. So technically, it is cheating.

  12. #72
    Rookie Member Corwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    It was cheating...


    ...I miss these days.





    ...well not really the Greg Land art...but Scott and Emma together...

    sorry off topic.

  13. #73

    Default

    I've been resisting the urge to get involved in this debate. I've seen it unfold countless times before in many different threads and to date, nobody has ever convinced anybody to change their mind about this issue. Ever. And honestly, I think that was exactly the point. Morrison and the powers that be knew that it would be too OOC for Cyclops to just flat out cheat on Jean and it would be too OOC for Jean to just shrug it off as thoughts. It's one of those things where Marvel leaves it up to the readers. If you think it's cheating, then you're not entirely wrong. If you think it isn't, you're not entirely wrong either. But you're not entirely right. There's a big shade of gray in between, if that's not too appropriate a word.

    Now my opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. I don't think what Cyclops did constitutes full blown cheating. Even Jean admitted "they were thinking about it." The extent to how real it was because it involved telepathy is a matter of opinion. But the fact remains that both Jean and Cyclops were at fault in things becoming distant between them, although I would say Cyclops was more at fault. He went to Emma because he wanted help fixing his marriage. It turned into something he couldn't control. And Jean was not entirely innocent. Cyclops never kissed Emma physically, but Jean did kiss Wolverine. And I don't see too many differences between the thoughts she had about Wolverine and the thoughts Cyclops shared with Emma. So calling it cheating is kind of pushing it. Granted, there were a lot of entangled emotions. But entangled emotions aren't in and of themselves cheating. That's perfectly human. That's no different than a married woman fantasizing about Ryan Gosling or a man fantasizing about Hallie Berry. I don't see why telepathy changes that.

    In the end, the point of the story was all about Morrison wanting to break these two up. I don't agree with that and I think he tried way too hard to make it viable. I think it's pretty telling that the relationship he created, Cyclops/Emma, didn't last and never reached the same iconic status as Cyclops/Jean. But the fact remains that Cyclops never would have gotten with Emma without Jean's blessing. So in the end these dark thoughts he had didn't change that he loved Jean and wanted to fix things. It just became complicated, which happens in relationships. Had Jean not died, it might have been different. But we can never know.

    In matters like these, I often defer to the immortal wisdom of that great modern philosopher, George Carlin. He once said, "I don't think you should outlaw fantasizing. Otherwise, what's a guy going to think about when he's waxing his carrot?" So for now, I trust in the moral teachings of George Carlin. I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me. But like I said, nobody is going to change anybody's mind here.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  14. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dosas View Post
    The phrase 'she ran around in a corset for everyone ... but with me it's all sensible shoes and rollnecks' sums up Jean's character perfectly. Grant Morrisson got her character right. She's the epitomization of ultra-conservative douchebag-ery and hypocricy in the guise of a preppy 50s housewife, who feels self-righteous enough to condemn whole star systems into oblivion. Jean hates Emma because she is everything she can't be; she'd love to wear the corset and run away with the bad boy with the motorcycle, but instead she traps herself into the sensible shoes and rollnecks until she explodes into hissy fits of cosmic proportions.

    Scott has done what any sensible man would do. Run away from the monster and choose the company of another human being, who loves and appreciates him for all his faults and insecurities. The only mistake he made is not manning up and owning his decision instead of playing hide + seek in a psychic affair.
    you put it perfectly
    IN CYCLOPS WE TRUST.
    Cyclops fans, stay true, stay humble, stay strong.

  15. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Moar than once. Scott was in on it, though. No deception involved. it was super creepy/hilarious.
    yeah...that was a little weird. and plus at the time i think someone who hated him at the time drew him extra creepy,molesting emma in jean's clothes.
    IN CYCLOPS WE TRUST.
    Cyclops fans, stay true, stay humble, stay strong.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •