View Poll Results: Married Scott & Emma "doing it" during mindlink...is it adultery?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    69 78.41%
  • No

    14 15.91%
  • It doesn't matter to me. No Comment

    5 5.68%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 127
  1. #76
    Senior Member Donuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    154

    Default

    You know this whole thing was just weird but ultimately fascinating. Oh, and I voted yes.

  2. #77

    Default

    I always thought it was kind of like the Matrix. It feels so real even if you know it's not. You die in the matrix, you die in real life.

    Also, if Descartes taught us anything, it's that what happens in your own mind is the only thing one can be sure of.

  3. #78

    Default

    If Scott's wife wasn't a psi, and the woman he fantasized about wasn't a psi, it'd be cool. But in his case, very not cool. Jean was a saint, even with the outburst included.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  4. #79
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If Scott's wife wasn't a psi, and the woman he fantasized about wasn't a psi, it'd be cool. But in his case, very not cool. Jean was a saint, even with the outburst included.
    Saints don't make for good wives.

  5. #80
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Randomly accusing your husband of sleeping with another woman so you can feel better about having just thrown yourself at another man is the actual definition of sainthood, yes.

  6. #81
    BANNED dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Zlitscht View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosas View Post
    The phrase 'she ran around in a corset for everyone ... but with me it's all sensible shoes and rollnecks' sums up Jean's character perfectly. Grant Morrisson got her character right. She's the epitomization of ultra-conservative douchebag-ery and hypocricy in the guise of a preppy 50s housewife, who feels self-righteous enough to condemn whole star systems into oblivion. Jean hates Emma because she is everything she can't be; she'd love to wear the corset and run away with the bad boy with the motorcycle, but instead she traps herself into the sensible shoes and rollnecks until she explodes into hissy fits of cosmic proportions.

    Scott has done what any sensible man would do. Run away from the monster and choose the company of another human being, who loves and appreciates him for all his faults and insecurities. The only mistake he made is not manning up and owning his decision instead of playing hide + seek in a psychic affair.
    you put it perfectly
    Just like elsa in frozen.

    Trying to live as a "saint" always get her killed; that why i like teen jean, because she doesnt.

  7. #82
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Definitely cheating. And he had to know what he was doing. Scott has had psychic sex with Jean both in their mind and with her astral projection. He knows that with a telepath, it's as good as the real thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Let's remove the superpowers from the equation: this story was a metaphor for a marriage that has grown stale over the years, and the husband meets somebody online and they start to have cyberdoing it. And the wife happens to be an expert in computersecurity.

    There isn't a cut and dried answer whether or not this is adultry, but it sure feels like it emotionally. And I don't really think any of these three character are to blame, least of all Emma.
    Wrong comparison. The right one would be the husband running into his wife's rival and their mutual coworker online and the rival seducing him into cybersex. And Emma blameless? She was the one who deliberately went out of her way to seduce Scott to cause trouble for Jean. How is that blameless?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dosas View Post
    Jean hates Emma because she is everything she can't be; she'd love to wear the corset and run away with the bad boy with the motorcycle, but instead she traps herself into the sensible shoes and rollnecks until she explodes into hissy fits of cosmic proportions.
    Jean doesn't hate Emma and definitely doesn't want to be her. If she did she would have left her to die in pieces and mindraped/emotionally blackmailed Scott into staying away from her. Not everyone likes putting their T&A on display and looking like a hooker. The problem was precisely that Jean liked her shoes and sweaters, thanks very much, and Scott thought she was unsexy. It's Emma who has the Jean Grey envy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dosas View Post
    Scott has done what any sensible man would do. Run away from the monster and choose the company of another human being, who loves and appreciates him for all his faults and insecurities. The only mistake he made is not manning up and owning his decision instead of playing hide + seek in a psychic affair.
    Wrong. His mistake was not manning up and owning his decision, instead needing the monster to save him from his own undescended testicles when he didn't have the balls to choose Emma and the X-Men and chose to give in to his impotent cowardice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    Randomly accusing your husband of sleeping with another woman so you can feel better about having just thrown yourself at another man is the actual definition of sainthood, yes.
    When you compare her to Scott and Emma, yes.

  8. #83
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    When you compare her to Scott and Emma, yes.
    Well that isn't remotely how eligibility for canonization is determined.

    And Jean was perfectly happy to horn in on another woman's marriage herself at one point, so GMAB about Emma.

  9. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    Yes. But meh, Jean cheated first. Scott just did it better and totally one upped her.



    So is this the mantra for all Cychos? In NXM, no one was guiltless and yet instead of admitting it this is always the excuse well character X did this so Cyke is totally justified. None of them looked good in the short or long term and the ending to Jott and Scemma proved that!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dosas View Post
    The phrase 'she ran around in a corset for everyone ... but with me it's all sensible shoes and rollnecks' sums up Jean's character perfectly. Grant Morrisson got her character right. She's the epitomization of ultra-conservative douchebag-ery and hypocricy in the guise of a preppy 50s housewife, who feels self-righteous enough to condemn whole star systems into oblivion. Jean hates Emma because she is everything she can't be; she'd love to wear the corset and run away with the bad boy with the motorcycle, but instead she traps herself into the sensible shoes and rollnecks until she explodes into hissy fits of cosmic proportions.

    Scott has done what any sensible man would do. Run away from the monster and choose the company of another human being, who loves and appreciates him for all his faults and insecurities. The only mistake he made is not manning up and owning his decision instead of playing hide + seek in a psychic affair.
    OH. MY. GOD!!!! Have you ever read ANYTHING at all with Jean Grey or Emma Frost in it, because I know that the irony of Jean being jealous of Emma or the entirety of this post isn't lost on just me!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    No, Jean hates Emma because of Emma's hand in Phoenix's corruption.
    Please, let's not let facts get in the way of posters deluded rants.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    Well that isn't remotely how eligibility for canonization is determined.

    And Jean was perfectly happy to horn in on another woman's marriage herself at one point, so GMAB about Emma.

    You mean before or after Scott lied about being married or before or after Jean told him to go home to said wife?



    Simple fact is NONE of them were innocent that said, if there was nothing inherently wrong and they were just "sharing thoughts" then Emma and Scott would not have felt the need to hide it in the first place.

  10. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Zlitscht View Post
    i hate infidelity and absolutely adore Scott/Emma as a pair, BUT it is cheating, all adultery and cheating begins with a thought...

    I have to ask the question, what was so great about Scemma I'm not saying this to troll but all it gave Emma was a as Psylocke put it "a move on up to the big house", Scott may have received development but it was the beginning of the deconstruction of Emma Frost.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Yep. I swear Cyclops/Jean were married when she kissed Logan some of the times..

    If not...even when she was just dating Scott...what she did during X-Factor Vol 1 61 X-Tinction Agenda was pretty disrespectful to Scott.


    We are aware that Logan was dying and they were put in that situation for their captors amusement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    I think most people are under the delusion of "If it didn't happen in the pages of New-X-men, it didn't happen". Also they always make Wolverine the aggresser the those Kissing situations to absolve Jean of any Guilt. He forces the Kisses on her and even though she could easily throw him of her she stay with it. Somehow thou when the female is the Aggressor like with Emma it's not the case. Emma took advantage of Scott so completely that if it was Tyke in that situation you'd be looking around for Chris Hanson.

    And this is the biggest problem with Cyke and his fans nothing is ever his fault especially when the blame can be placed elsewhere whether it's Madelyne, Jean, Xavier, Storm, Emma, or Logan and while at first it's fun eventually he's going to have to be held to the same standards you guys hold everyone else. Simple fact is as I've said before no one was guiltless and should share the blame equally.

  11. #86
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    Wrong comparison. The right one would be the husband running into his wife's rival and their mutual coworker online and the rival seducing him into cybersex. And Emma blameless? She was the one who deliberately went out of her way to seduce Scott to cause trouble for Jean. How is that blameless?
    I'm not really seeing a world of difference between what you wrote and what I did.
    Also, Emma and Jean aren't rivals, or at least they weren't before the thing with Scott started.

    The thing with Jean and Scott is this: sometimes teenage infatuation is just not good enough a basis to sustain a mariage.
    I'm not really seeing what Emma did wrong. She's not the one that's married. She flirted with Scott, Scott showed himself to be open to more than flirting.

    Jean doesn't hate Emma and definitely doesn't want to be her.
    No, but Scott definitely would like Jean to be more like Emma.
    Not everyone likes putting their T&A on display and looking like a hooker.
    All superheroines do though, with very rare exceptions, that don't include any woman who's ever been drawn by a 90's Image artist.
    See also the image above this post. She's basically wearing nothing but body paint.

  12. #87
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    And Jean was perfectly happy to horn in on another woman's marriage herself at one point, so GMAB about Emma.
    Only after said woman was declared dead. So no breaks for Emma.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Also, Emma and Jean aren't rivals, or at least they weren't before the thing with Scott started.
    They were rivals and didn't like each other. That's precisely how the Scott thing got started. Just look at their history. Emma drove Jean mad and she killed a planet as Dark Phoenix. Jean as Dark Phoenix psychically shredded Emma's brain and put her in a coma.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    She flirted with Scott, Scott showed himself to be open to more than flirting.
    She did a lot more than flirt. She threw herself at him into his bed and offered sex. That didn't work so she had to lie and then some by saying she was a therapist that could help him save his marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    All superheroines do though, with very rare exceptions, that don't include any woman who's ever been drawn by a 90's Image artist.
    See also the image above this post. She's basically wearing nothing but body paint.
    It's a different level of hookerdom when you show so much of your boobs your aereola are peeking out and you're almost exposing your crotch.

  13. #88
    Embrace the Fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,324

    Default

    All this cute little talk of both parties sharing equal responsibilities would have a lot more weight if, say, Jean Grey didn't do approximately 95% of the public whining, bullying and shaming.

    I mean, what's up with that math?

  14. #89
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    They were rivals and didn't like each other.
    What were they rivals for? I mean, the word 'rival' actually does mean something specific. It's not just a word that just means 'women who don't like one another'.

    That's precisely how the Scott thing got started. Just look at their history.
    Emma drove Jean mad and she killed a planet as Dark Phoenix. Jean as Dark Phoenix psychically shredded Emma's brain and put her in a coma.
    That's not rivalry. They didn't get along, fine, might even be called enemies, but they were not rivals. Also, that was ages ago and none of it was relevant to this story considering Emma had refomed ages ago.

    She did a lot more than flirt. She threw herself at him into his bed and offered sex.
    Care to quote an issue and page number on that one? Because it's not in my version.

    That didn't work so she had to lie and then some by saying she was a therapist that could help him save his marriage.
    Oh, Scott knew she wasn't an actual therapist. But even if not, Scott knew very well by then that Emma was interested in him, and he sought her out of all people to talk about sex with, Emma did not go to him, he went to her.

    It's a different level of hookerdom when you show so much of your boobs your aereola are peeking out and you're almost exposing your crotch.
    It's only hookerdom if you're getting paid for sex.

  15. #90
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    All this cute little talk of both parties sharing equal responsibilities would have a lot more weight if, say, Jean Grey didn't do approximately 95% of the public whining, bullying and shaming.
    What public whining, bullying and shaming? She got fridged before she got the chance to do that. If she'd done that, she would have taken the X-Men in the division of social relationships and gotten to kick Scott and Emma out of the X-Men as the next official headmistress of the school. No wonder Scott was so happy he was able to avoid the fallout of a divorce.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    What were they rivals for? I mean, the word 'rival' actually does mean something specific. It's not just a word that just means 'women who don't like one another'.

    That's not rivalry. They didn't get along, fine, might even be called enemies, but they were not rivals. Also, that was ages ago and none of it was relevant to this story considering Emma had refomed ages ago.
    The position of Top X-Woman and team telepath. And Emma's past was brought up a number of times in NXM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Care to quote an issue and page number on that one? Because it's not in my version.
    What version do you have? Did you read Morrison's run? It's in one of the most important parts of the whole run. NXM 139 p.18 where Jean finds out what happened in Hong Kong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Oh, Scott knew she wasn't an actual therapist. But even if not, Scott knew very well by then that Emma was interested in him, and he sought her out of all people to talk about sex with, Emma did not go to him, he went to her.
    Yes, he went to her, but not to talk about sex. Read what Scott said when he went to Emma for help. Most unsexy thing ever and nowhere did he bring up sex. It was Emma who made it about sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's only hookerdom if you're getting paid for sex.
    She dresses for the job. And you always dress for the job you want, not the one you have.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •