View Poll Results: Married Scott & Emma "doing it" during mindlink...is it adultery?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

69 78.41%
  • No

14 15.91%
  • It doesn't matter to me. No Comment

5 5.68%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    What public whining, bullying and shaming? She got fridged before she got the chance to do that. If she'd done that, she would have taken the X-Men in the division of social relationships and gotten to kick Scott and Emma out of the X-Men as the next official headmistress of the school. No wonder Scott was so happy he was able to avoid the fallout of a divorce.

The position of Top X-Woman and team telepath. And Emma's past was brought up a number of times in NXM.

What version do you have? Did you read Morrison's run? It's in one of the most important parts of the whole run. NXM 139 p.18 where Jean finds out what happened in Hong Kong.

Yes, he went to her, but not to talk about sex. Read what Scott said when he went to Emma for help. Most unsexy thing ever and nowhere did he bring up sex. It was Emma who made it about sex.

She dresses for the job. And you always dress for the job you want, not the one you have.
    I agree with you in everything except the first part, to quote jean's interactions with emma in marvel heroes: "you know, emma, i can read minds with my clothes on."

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    All this cute little talk of both parties sharing equal responsibilities would have a lot more weight if, say, Jean Grey didn't do approximately 95% of the public whining, bullying and shaming.

I mean, what's up with that math?
    SO!!! I'm guessing we missed the majority of NXM, were Emma repeatedly badmouthed Jean before and after she saved Emma and how all of Scott's poor problems and insecurities were all Jean's fault because the great saint Jean Grey could never understand what he was going through I mean she'd never experienced dark emotions, been changed completely, or possession by a force that revealed an altered side herself!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm not really seeing a world of difference between what you wrote and what I did.
    Also, Emma and Jean aren't rivals, or at least they weren't before the thing with Scott started.

The thing with Jean and Scott is this: sometimes teenage infatuation is just not good enough a basis to sustain a mariage.
    I'm not really seeing what Emma did wrong. She's not the one that's married. She flirted with Scott, Scott showed himself to be open to more than flirting.

No, but Scott definitely would like Jean to be more like Emma.
    All superheroines do though, with very rare exceptions, that don't include any woman who's ever been drawn by a 90's Image artist.
    See also the image above this post. She's basically wearing nothing but body paint.
    They were ONLY ever rivals in Emma's own mind and apparently in Emma's mind still are.

Look, it's ok to like a character or coupling but if in order to justify it you have to ignore continuity then perhaps you should rethink things, simple fact is Scott and Jean MET as teenagers but long since outgrew some childhood infatuation, as NXM presented their marriage as, in fact they were working on fixing said marriage. I sometimes wonder if some posters here have read comics before the 00's because contrary to popular belief Scott and Jean had a very adult and mature relationship for years. And if you know your doing something wrong even admitting to it being wrong and being warned by outside influences to your wrongdoing then perhaps your doing something wrong. And you know maybe your right starting a toxic and unhealthy affair with a woman whose tried to kill you and was a direct influence of your girlfriend death isn't a good enough basis for a "romance".

And your right Scott would like Jean to be like Emma so much so that in order for them to "connect" she had to change herself entirely to the appearance of Jean Grey, what Scott wanted was someone who exuded faux power and danger but in reality would bend and shape themselves to whatever he needed at that moment even if it was another woman and that's what Emma became for him a submissive.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 05-17-2014 at 11:37 PM.

BANNED

It's not Scott's fault Jean didn't know how to submit to and build up her man amirite?

Emma had the good sense to constantly keep Scott titillated and make sure he knew that she was nothing without him.

If Jean knew how to keep a man she'd still be alive. That's why Emma is a feminist icon and a better character in general.

[/Cycho]

Lmao

Scott committed adultery in the telepathic realm, definitely.

Jean flirted in the real world, definitely.

I loved the Scott-Emma pairing, they were great. Not all great things are borne from the noblest of intentions.

It's adultery.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    The definition of the word adultery is sexual relations outside of marriage. I think Emma and Scott had sexual relations, though in the psychic not physical world, so adultery is there even if not physical.
    This. Neat. Simple.

The rampant rationalization going on in this thread though ?
    I really don't know what to make of it smh...
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    SO!!! I'm guessing we missed the majority of NXM, were Emma repeatedly badmouthed Jean before and after she saved Emma and how all of Scott's poor problems and insecurities were all Jean's fault because the great saint Jean Grey could never understand what he was going through I mean she'd never experienced dark emotions, been changed completely, or possession by a force that revealed an altered side herself!!!!!!!!
    What on Earth do Emma's jelly antics have to do with anything?

Both Scott and Jean were unfaithful. Jean did approximately 95% of the public whining/shaming. That's hilarious. Even by trash TV standards.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 05-18-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    What on Earth do Emma's jelly antics have to do with anything?

Both Scott and Jean were unfaithful. Jean did approximately 95% of the public whining/shaming. That's hilarious. Even by trash TV standards.

So, Scott whining the majority of NXM to Emma or running away and whining to Logan some more about why Jean could NEVER EVER understand the new him. Because he was all dark and edgy from a mere taste of darkness, meanwhile she had previously took it to the brink and reveled in it was what exactly? Jean literally had ONE outburst after finding her husband with another woman, said woman proceeded to act grand got spanked, and then Jean pieced her back together all shiny and brand new for said husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    It's not Scott's fault Jean didn't know how to submit to and build up her man amirite?

Emma had the good sense to constantly keep Scott titillated and make sure he knew that she was nothing without him.

If Jean knew how to keep a man she'd still be alive. That's why Emma is a feminist icon and a better character in general.

[/Cycho]

Lmao

I honestly think this why some people like Scemma not all but a select few. Because the real Emma Frost would devour Scott and leave him in a REAL state of utter desolation.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 05-18-2014 at 08:54 PM.

BANNED

I honestly think this why some people like Scemma not all but a select few. Because the real Emma Frost would devour Scott and leave him the a REAL state of utter desolation.
    I doubt many of the of the peeps who like Emma are big on Scemma. I'm sure lots were into it initially, but these days, anybody calling for a return of Scemma probably isn't that interested in the Emma part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    I doubt many of the of the peeps who like Emma are big on Scemma. I'm sure lots were into it initially, but these days, anybody calling for a return of Scemma probably isn't that interested in the Emma part of it.

I would hope so because I must admit it was an interesting concept AT FIRST which quickly devolved but IMHO, Cyke works better as a behind his woman kind of guy and I know I'll take heat for that but on his own he's just not that compelling and it takes too much to "make" him happen which is when the people around him start to suffer. Whether anyone agrees or not Jean, Madelyne, and Emma were the best things about the relationships Scott had with them he was just the bonus.

BANNED

Jean, Madelyne, and Emma were the best things about the relationships Scott had with them he was just the bonus.
    Not according to the people in charge of the stories. lol

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

So, Scott whining the majority of NXM to Emma or running away and whining to Logan some more about why Jean could NEVER EVER understand the new him.
    I have no idea what on Earth this has to do with PUBLIC whining/shaming. The qualitative wasn't just thrown in there for the hell of it.

For what it's worth, I have no idea what the outrage is all about. Plenty other x-folks do it. Emma, Wolverine, Beast, Storm, Iceman, Kitty, take your pick. Trolling/back-stabbing/abandoning/vilifying Scott and then throwing a hissy fit once he starts pushing back is a time-honored tradition amongst X-Men.

Jean merely happened to be somewhat of a pioneer when it comes to embarrassingly hypocritical public outbursts, really.

I don't know why this is even an issue anymore. People cheat all the time get over it. It'll probably happen again, Jean will come back again, and Scott will cheat with someone else. Hopefully with storm just piss off her fans. And Jean will lust for another man, maybe Hank will get lucky who knows.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

BANNED

It's... interesting, the kind of comments about Emma coming from the same group that cries "sexism!" every time some version of Jean is portrayed in a way that makes them feel she's not being revered quite enough.

The puritanical histrionic display, from Jean's fandom, in this thread is truly staggering. It's as if those panels with Jean happily grinding away into Logan's body parts don't exist.

This has been the case since their first introduction as characters, Jean's and Logan's, and a repeating incident throughout the decades.

People who accuse others of not having read enough material should not throw stones in glass houses, just saying. Unless of course you consider your own interpretation of some imaginary Jean fanfiction as 'material'.
    Last edited by Dosas; 05-19-2014 at 05:13 AM.