View Poll Results: Married Scott & Emma "doing it" during mindlink...is it adultery?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

69 78.41%
  • No

14 15.91%
  • It doesn't matter to me. No Comment

5 5.68%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Again, with the rationalization.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    I don't know why this is even an issue anymore. People cheat all the time get over it.
    Well, marriage.
    Cheating on boyfriend/girlfriend has nowhere near the same impact than cheating on husband/wife in society.
    Nope.
    Depends on how one consider marriage to begin with though, true.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    It'll probably happen again, Jean will come back again, and Scott will cheat with someone else. Hopefully with storm just piss off her fans. And Jean will lust for another man, maybe Hank will get lucky who knows.
    As if Summers wasn't already reviled enough...
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    It's... interesting, the kind of comments about Emma coming from the same group that cries "sexism!" every time some version of Jean is portrayed in a way that makes them feel she's not being revered quite enough.
    I see it as a small example of the kind of attitude that got the board rebooted.

As for blame... Emma was single and didn't break any vows of marriage. Both Scott and Jean did.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dosas View Post
    The puritanical histrionic display, from Jean's fandom, in this thread is truly staggering. It's as if those panels with Jean happily grinding away into Logan's body parts don't exist.

This has been the case since their first introduction as characters, Jean's and Logan's, and a repeating incident throughout the decades.

People who accuse others of not having read enough material should not throw stones in glass houses, just saying. Unless of course you consider your own interpretation of some imaginary Jean fanfiction as 'material'.
    I like how Morrison Emma (I state which so no one cries mis-characterization) was the only one to call Jean on her sh** and say she was a bully. But no one can touch the St. Jean Grey (also an Emma quote, lol).
    As for this thread, as a Cyclops fan, it's quite obvious he did cheat. He didn't actively seek to replace Jean, but all the apocalypse trauma did do a number on him and led him to continue in the affair instead of just saying no, something Emma capitalized on. As bad as cheating is, he still showed remorse afterwards, but that's besides the point. did he cheat, yes. Does that make him a bad person? Idk, his teamates have much more sins than cheating, and Scott did remain loyal to Emma, so I count it as a lemish on his record, much like any character in the X-men.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

A telepath makes thoughts literally real. They cheated in their minds which makes it worse in many ways as telepaths have access to so many different planes of existence than the average person.

o

A blemish on his record ?
    Given how the man abandonned wife and kid in his previous mariage to run with Jean, it's quite the understatement.
    Lousy record seems more accurate.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    A blemish on his record ?
    Given how the man abandonned wife and kid in his previous mariage to run with Jean, it's quite the understatement.
    Lousy record seems more accurate.
    I meant Cyke in general, not his love life. His love life is.............. just terrible. Except maybe for that post-Messiah Complex era when the X-men were disbanded and he could actually give Emma the time she deserved.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Just like elsa in frozen.

Trying to live as a "saint" always get her killed; that why i like teen jean, because she doesnt.
    Well the only reason that Elsa flipped out was because her parents kept feeding her that "conceal don't feel" nonsense instead of nurturing her talents, which is exactly the same mistake that Xavier made with Jean and that the X-Men are still making with her teenage version now.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I have to ask the question, what was so great about Scemma I'm not saying this to troll but all it gave Emma was a as Psylocke put it "a move on up to the big house", Scott may have received development but it was the beginning of the deconstruction of Emma Frost.

We are aware that Logan was dying and they were put in that situation for their captors amusement?

And this is the biggest problem with Cyke and his fans nothing is ever his fault especially when the blame can be placed elsewhere whether it's Madelyne, Jean, Xavier, Storm, Emma, or Logan and while at first it's fun eventually he's going to have to be held to the same standards you guys hold everyone else. Simple fact is as I've said before no one was guiltless and should share the blame equally.
    scott and emma weren't about character development, i mean people make it seem like emma was just put with scott to build him up, but that's not how relationships exactly are. they are two fucked up, total loners who nobody completely understands, and they love each other despite all the circumstances saying they should never. also imo at least with whedon's run and grant morrison's, emma was the stronger force

cyclops fans blame the biased writers during certain incidents
    IN CYCLOPS WE TRUST.
    Cyclops fans, stay true, stay humble, stay strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

As for blame... Emma was single and didn't break any vows of marriage. Both Scott and Jean did.
    interesting way to look at it, and ironic that Emma Frost had the high ground.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    interesting way to look at it, and ironic that Emma Frost had the high ground.
    Ironic perhaps, but incorrect. The books were quite clear to make that point that Emma went in with no intention other than to cause mischief and only fell in love by accident.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The books were quite clear to make that point that Emma went in with no intention other than to cause mischief...
    There's nothing particularily wrong with that.
    But the way I see it she just went in looking to have a good time.

What do you call 'mischief' anyway? It's a bit of a vague term.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    There's nothing particularily wrong with that.
    But the way I see it she just went in looking to have a good time.

What do you call 'mischief' anyway? It's a bit of a vague term.
    Look, I'm not one to really rail about the sanctity of marriage or anything like that, but these sorts of things you really do at your own peril. It's not as if Emma really thought that Jean would never find out about the affair, in fact she was probably looking forward to getting caught because she expected Jean to be the one who would break down emotionally over it. Not really fair of her to immediately turn herself into the crying victim in the aftermath.

BANNED

Yeah Emma was trying to rattle Jean, but that doesn't mean that evil/saintly/boring/perfect ginger goody-two-shoes/bitch had to ransack Emma's mind the way she did.

Or something like that.

Did I do it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Yeah Emma was trying to rattle Jean, but that doesn't mean that evil/saintly/boring/perfect ginger goody-two-shoes/bitch had to ransack Emma's mind the way she did.

Or something like that.

Did I do it right?
    Well, what i think, is that Emma ignored/underestimated how vicious the evil bitch side of the saintly perfect ginger goody-two-shoes jean grey could be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, what i think, is that Emma ignored/underestimated how vicious the evil bitch side of the saintly perfect ginger goody-two-shoes jean grey could be.
    Emma certainly intended to provoke an emotional reaction from Jean, but she was clearly expecting more of the standard moaning about ruining their marriage and the school and the X-Men and all that. You can tell she wasn't exactly caught off guard because she still had that smug and self-satisfied demeanor at first. It wasn't until Jean started delving into her own personal history that Emma really started to crack.

From another perspective though, you could think of the telepathic seduction not as some means to troll Jean but as Emma's way of proving to herself that she still has it, so to speak. She was obviously suffering a lot of personal trauma at the time, having just gone through the Genosha massacre and trying to rein in a group of students that weren't exactly responding to her, and barely managing to conceal all that beneath the polished diamond veneer. Maybe she thought that if she could tap into some of that old White Queen mojo and seduce the sentient plank that is Cyclops that it would bring back her old self confidence. The confrontation with Jean, however, showed Emma that she was never going to be the same again, as subsequent comics have confirmed.