Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Really only The Atom interests me. Tom Peyer and Steve Yeowell is an interesting pairing. They could play it entirely straight or just go bonkers with it.

I guess Rucka and Hamner on The Question might get a look from me, but I would have prefered if they approached Denny O'Neil and Denys Cowan to write Vic Sage.

That Tim Truman rumor is still out there, and that's what I'm most interested in. It's rumored to be Hawkman or Jonah Hex, but the Convergence teaser had Enemy Ace and a few other Kubert associated characters, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's that, a la Guns of the Dragon, which really deserves a collection.

EDIT: Oh, I guess that character I thought was Enemy Ace is really Owlman. Still, Guns of the Dragon needs a collection.
    Last edited by FanboyStranger; 11-11-2014 at 05:34 PM.

BANNED

[QUOTE=colonyofcells;695180]One more reboot and maybe we will get 52 monthly titles starring Batman. For movies, maybe just do 4 Batman movies a year.[ /QUOTE]

lol no wonder dc is detective comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Still trying to figure out what this "real" DC universe is.
    “If you gotta ask, you'll never know."

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

To all past and near future fans--in this forum and around the world--complaining about how your favorite character hasn't shown up in this yet, or maybe isn't getting the spotlight in this series of largely disconnected books: shut up. Shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupsh utup. They are literally shutting down the New 52 for a couple months to give you a series of comics designed for the explicit purpose of stroking your nostalgia boner, and you* are still complaining about DC not doing anything for these characters when they haven't even announced a quarter of the titles yet (10 out of 40+the weekly). When turbo New 52-fanboys act like you're crazy for crusading so hard for the old, 'real' DCU? This is why.

Anyway, picking up Superman, Atom, Nightwing/Oracle (in the same boat as Kid A here, though I think Dick said something like "Bruce'll probably have me back as Nightwing soon" in the last issue of JLA), Speed Force and Question. Maybe Batman & Robin.

*(generally, not anyone specifically)
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 11-11-2014 at 05:48 PM.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    To all past and near future fans--in this forum and around the world--complaining about how your favorite character hasn't shown up in this yet, or maybe isn't getting the spotlight in this series of largely disconnected books: shut up. Shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupsh utup. They are literally shutting down the New 52 for a couple months to give you a series of comics designed for the explicit purpose of stroking your nostalgia boner, and you* are still complaining about DC not doing anything for these characters when they haven't even announced a quarter of the titles yet (10 out of 40+the weekly). When turbo New 52-fanboys act like you're crazy for crusading so hard for the old, 'real' DCU? This is why.

Anyway, picking up Superman, Atom, Nightwing/Oracle (in the same boat as Kid A here, though I think Dick said something like "Bruce'll probably have me back as Nightwing soon" in the last issue of JLA), Speed Force and Question. Maybe Batman & Robin.

of course, i can still complain. is not like dc.is.giving.me a 2nd line with pre 52. i can always revisit pre 52 with old comics, imagination, fan arts.
    dc isnt.doing anything special

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Exactly. We can only complain if they get brutally murdered at the end. Or if we never see thesethese characters again.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Exactly. We can only complain if they get brutally murdered at the end. Or if we never see thesethese characters again.
    Infinite Crisis, Its best to remember your heroes as they were than to see them comeback in a New Universe and beaten to death by a psycho variant.

Ummm. People have a right to express themselves. Telling people to shut up isn't the most productive way to go about things.

If people are expressing themselves with not being satisfied then obviously DC hasn't shut down the New 52 for what they wanted.

Yes, if i see Drake, Impulse, Conner and Young Justice promoted and supported to a point that i'm happy with then i'll be happy and positive, but until that time.... Sorry i don't have the greatest faith seeing as what DC has done to these beloved characters. I'll believe it when i see it.
    Last edited by SXVA; 11-11-2014 at 06:20 PM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

BANNED

Qft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dispenser of truth View Post
    to all past and near future fans--in this forum and around the world--complaining about how your favorite character hasn't shown up in this yet, or maybe isn't getting the spotlight in this series of largely disconnected books: Shut up. Shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupsh utup. They are literally shutting down the new 52 for a couple months to give you a series of comics designed for the explicit purpose of stroking your nostalgia boner, and you* are still complaining about dc not doing anything for these characters when they haven't even announced a quarter of the titles yet (10 out of 40+the weekly). When turbo new 52-fanboys act like you're crazy for crusading so hard for the old, 'real' dcu? this is why.

Anyway, picking up superman, atom, nightwing/oracle (in the same boat as kid a here, though i think dick said something like "bruce'll probably have me back as nightwing soon" in the last issue of jla), speed force and question. Maybe batman & robin.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    If people are expressing themselves with not being satisfied then obviously DC hasn't shut down the New 52 for what they wanted.
    That is literally what has happened (temporarily, as I said in the original post).

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Yes, if i see Drake, Impulse, Conner and Young Justice promoted and supported to a point that i'm happy with then i'll be happy and positive, but until that time.... Sorry i don't have the greatest faith seeing as what DC has done to these beloved characters. I'll believe it when i see it.
    Given that a third of the point of this event (besides filling the gap while they move West, and setting up the 2015 Crisis) is bringing back old characters people like, and they were popular, there is precisely zero reason to believe they won't show up in some form, probably in a Teen Titans book (except maybe for Bart, since that version of him died in Flashpoint).
    Buh-bye

That is literally what has happened (temporarily, as I said in the original post).

Given that a third of the point of this event (besides filling the gap while they move West, and setting up the 2015 Crisis) is bringing back old characters people like, and they were popular, there is precisely zero reason to believe they won't show up in some form, probably in a Teen Titans book (except maybe for Bart, since that version of him died in Flashpoint).
    Well, like i said... when i see it i'll believe it and at that time i'll be positive and happy. Although i'd prefer Young Justice over Teen Titans but either way. [And for Impulse to be Impulse, not Kid Flash]

There is reason to believe it won't happen when you've been a fan of certain characters that have resulted in disappointment after disappointment for years.

There's only one trade volume of Young Justice, a 50 issue Eisner nominated series. Consider that absurdity for example.
    [i was initially wrong, i looked it up there seems to be one volume released. Surprised there's even one]

Not much better releases for Robin/Superboy/Impulse solo's either from what i'm looking at on comicbookdb. Must've been Superboy i was thinking about that had no volume's released as i'm not seeing any listed under Superboy. Which would mean 100 comics and no volumes, and Impulse at 89 and 1 volume of material very late in the series, and Robin while having more is weird in what's collected and how.

These are older comics from the 90s, that's why i'm hazy/unclear on the details... i read them when i was younger, and looked up stuff about them a long time ago when i was initially trying to collect 'em but haven't since.
    Last edited by SXVA; 11-11-2014 at 07:22 PM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

For the characters between coie and flashpoint, they seem to be going with the versions right before flashpoint. For the pre-coie characters, they seem to be going with the versions right before coie or the versions that participated in coie since coie has been reprinted many times and is familiar to many current comic book readers. We do see some progression, like Lois is pregnant, Dick and Oracle getting married, etc.

Incredible Member

Could be Awesome. Could be completely insulting to fans of the pre-52. I mean what will come of this? Can you really merge things into the NU52 to the point where you can say everything happened?

Year one doesn't happen either way. Steph will never be Batgirl, atleast until some a possible future. Still have the stupid 5 years.

It's just a big bone thrown to Pre-52 fans.

Orion help us if they end up killing some of these people off. My lord the fury.

Amazing Member

All the books, except for the Nightwing/Oracle one, sound like they could be interesting. I'm down with some good Batman/Damian/Jason interactions.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Rucka at DC? I guess our own reality is part of this alternate U list for Convergence...
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song