Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Should mutants be a little more prominent outside of the X-Books?

Personally I want to see it. Maybe Beast and Firestar to be Avengers again and put a positive public face to mutants. As well I would like to see solo heroes who are mutants in other books. For example if they made Riri's friend Xavier a hometown mutant hero in her book.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Or something like the New Warriors before they got turned into the whipping boys (and girls) of the superhero community in Civil War and its aftermath. I should also mention that Dust of the New X-Men recently joined the Champions and Sunspot and Cannonball were Avengers for a few years real-time, with Sunspot even buying out and reorganizing A.I.M. as a branch of the Avengers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Or something like the New Warriors before they got turned into the whipping boys (and girls) of the superhero community in Civil War and its aftermath. I should also mention that Dust of the New X-Men recently joined the Champions and Sunspot and Cannonball were Avengers for a few years real-time, with Sunspot even buying out and reorganizing A.I.M. as a branch of the Avengers.
    I know about Dust...but think she is a temp...But that would be a place and to have the Champs come out as pro-mutant.

And Sam and Bobby getting recruited for the Avengers while on vacation was hilarious...
    Sam: "It's Logan...he wants us to join the Avengers"
    Bobby: "You told him 'no'?"
    Sam: "Yes...then he put Captain America on."
    Bobby: "We're in...."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I know about Dust...but think she is a temp...But that would be a place and to have the Champs come out as pro-mutant.

And Sam and Bobby getting recruited for the Avengers while on vacation was hilarious...
    Sam: "It's Logan...he wants us to join the Avengers"
    Bobby: "You told him 'no'?"
    Sam: "Yes...then he put Captain America on."
    Bobby: "We're in...."
    Yeah, that exchange does sound hilarious, and I would like to see Dust as a more longstanding member of the Champions. Given how this version of the Champions was created to take on the fights and issues that the adult superheroes couldn't (or wouldn't) touch, it could also work as a means to address why said adult superheroes still refused to stand up for mutants even in the face of blatantly genocidal policies targeting them.

If dust was still in the champions, i might still be reading it. Did she and ms. Marvel have any meaningful scenes?

BANNED

Yeah, that exchange does sound hilarious, and I would like to see Dust as a more longstanding member of the Champions. Given how this version of the Champions was created to take on the fights and issues that the adult superheroes couldn't (or wouldn't) touch, it could also work as a means to address why said adult superheroes still refused to stand up for mutants even in the face of blatantly genocidal policies targeting them.
    Someone needs to put the adult heroes in check when it comes to collateral damage to their battles whether it’s Mutant related and/or superpowers related. Some heroes need to be there to pick up after their battles and defend their public.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I liked the New Warriors series with all the members being depowered mutants. I kinda like the idea of a mutant team that isn't affiliated with the X-Men.

I don't see why not, it gives them a chance to go in a different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    If dust was still in the champions, i might still be reading it. Did she and ms. Marvel have any meaningful scenes?
    Issue 5, which was a tie-in to War of the Realms. The big thing was Kamala/Ms. Marvel reuniting with the adult Cyclops, who retained and looked fondly on his younger self's memories of being a Champion, but it also led to Ms. Marvel accepting Dust on the team, so there's some hope of more meaningful interaction between them in future issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Someone needs to put the adult heroes in check when it comes to collateral damage to their battles whether it’s Mutant related and/or superpowers related. Some heroes need to be there to pick up after their battles and defend their public.
    True enough, though it's not so much collateral damage I'm talking about as a specific issue of non-mutant heroes refusing or neglecting to stand up for fellow heroes who happen to be mutants. Given how it's been shown in the past that all it takes is one bad incident for anyone and everyone with powers, not just mutants, to be targeted by the government, the non-mutant heroes should be all over the cause of their mutant peers, if only because, "First they came for the mutants, and since I wasn't a mutant, I didn't speak up . . ."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I liked the New Warriors series with all the members being depowered mutants. I kinda like the idea of a mutant team that isn't affiliated with the X-Men.
    I am thinking more mutants on the Avengers or Champions or on their own...not a non-X-Men mutant team.

True enough, though it's not so much collateral damage I'm talking about as a specific issue of non-mutant heroes refusing or neglecting to stand up for fellow heroes who happen to be mutants. Given how it's been shown in the past that all it takes is one bad incident for anyone and everyone with powers, not just mutants, to be targeted by the government, the non-mutant heroes should be all over the cause of their mutant peers, if only because, "First they came for the mutants, and since I wasn't a mutant, I didn't speak up . . ."
    Steve Rogers has said several times that maybe he needs to do more...this would be that opportunity. Not putting mutants in the Avengers as PR stunt or such...but mutants he knows and has worked with who bring what the team needs.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 05-04-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yeah, that was an interesting series. I'll admit that I liked it as a look into the post-Civil War Marvel Universe from the viewpoint of non-Avengers, non-X-Men resisters to the Initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am thinking more mutants on the Avengers or Champions or on their own...not a non-X-Men mutant team.

Steve Rogers has said several times that maybe he needs to do more...this would be that opportunity. Not putting mutants in the Avengers as PR stunt or such...but mutants he knows and has worked with who bring what the team needs.
    Especially now, given what basically amounts to open state-sponsored medical genocide of mutants in the Uncanny X-Men comics.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I actually would prefer to see more evil mutants who only fight the most powerful Avengers, because the X-Men, quite frankly, don't stand a chance against them. Powerful, evil mutants who routinely and indiscriminately kill humans in mass numbers. There are almost 8 billion souls on the planet, mostly humans. There's your incentive. It's not political, or social change that they're seeking. It's more existential. They have just two modus operandi: 1. They only target cities with around 400,000 inhabitants or greater. 2. Every human dies. Give me that group of uber-mutants who knock off the human populations in a dozen cities across the globe before anyone gets wise to the fact that a sick and twisted cleansing is underway. And then bring that group of evil super-mutants to the Americas. If the narrative is that mutant hate and hysteria is out of control in the US now, just wait until these psychotic super-mutants wipe out Miami, or Omaha, or Kansas City, or Atlanta, or Boston...and then take out an Avenger or three on their way to their next target.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I actually would prefer to see more evil mutants who only fight the most powerful Avengers, because the X-Men, quite frankly, don't stand a chance against them. Powerful, evil mutants who routinely and indiscriminately kill humans in mass numbers. There are almost 8 billion souls on the planet, mostly humans. There's your incentive. It's not political, or social change that they're seeking. It's more existential. They have just two modus operandi: 1. They only target cities with around 400,000 inhabitants or greater. 2. Every human dies. Give me that group of uber-mutants who knock off the human populations in a dozen cities across the globe before anyone gets wise to the fact that a sick and twisted cleansing is underway. And then bring that group of evil super-mutants to the Americas. If the narrative is that mutant hate and hysteria is out of control in the US now, just wait until these psychotic super-mutants wipe out Miami, or Omaha, or Kansas City, or Atlanta, or Boston...and then take out an Avenger or three on their way to their next target.
    Which Avenger(s) do you think they'd take out, just to entertain this notion?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Frankly, mutants in general are being used better outside the X-books than in them, as we were discussing in the X-boards