Page 22 of 167 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thanks for those pages! I'm hoping to be told if DC has a Kitty Pryde, who isn't a Phantom Girl knockoff. She is technically already in the DC Universe with that Tales of the Legion 320 issue, her and Xavier
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    The trailer for Ultimate Fantastic Four is up!
    Looks interesting, most likely going to see it but its still low on the list.

I find myself fretting over my pull list as of late, and could use some perspective. How do you guys decide which books to buy?

So, I finally asked this girl out to a movie. She told me that it just depended on the time, to which I asked if Saturday was alright. She told me that she didn't know yet and I told her to just let me know. That's when my mom sprang on me the fact she wanted to buy hockey tickets for Saturday night. I needed to ensure I had solid plans so, two days after I asked her, I asked her if we were on for Saturday. She told me she couldn't make it because she has to babysit. Her exact words were, "I can't I'm so sorry I have to babysit!" I replied, "It's okay." I figured she was totally blowing me off and that it was time for me to just leave it alone. She responded with a, "Okay I'm sorry! Another time". No punctuation on the last thing makes me believe it was a statement and that she is blowing me off but wants to be nice about it. So, that sucks...
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

BANNED

Yeah don't bother, just be friends with her if you can see her as one.

Or perhaps she just had a scheduling conflict. If I'm reading correctly, she's already agreed to go out with you.

My advice: don't overthink it. Just ask her again later, maybe next weekend.

BANNED

It was a one way conversation, she should have told him already she had to work.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I find myself fretting over my pull list as of late, and could use some perspective. How do you guys decide which books to buy?
    Sales on comixology Is what I do. I listen to a few different comic podcasts and there are a few comics that they all talk about that I check out for myself Thor for example which i buy as soon as it comes out. If they talk about books that sound intetesting I'll wait until the book is 99cents or on sale on comixology and pick it up. After the new team on Wonder Woman took over I read 0 DC books from new 52. I get some x men stuff as soon as its on sale Bendis style makes it hard to enjoy a book in single issue format. I only buy 5 monthly/bimonthly titles. Its not the best system but with not being active on here anymore I don't feel the need to keep current and spoilers don't bother me.
    Formally known as Samorai_black

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Or perhaps she just had a scheduling conflict. If I'm reading correctly, she's already agreed to go out with you.

My advice: don't overthink it. Just ask her again later, maybe next weekend.

Thanks! Yeah, I think Drz might be right but I think it is at least worth giving it another shot just to be sure. If she does the same thing again, well, that's that then. The only thing is is that I was talking to one of my friend's who asked her out a while ago and she did the same thing to him minus actually having a solid time (he had asked if she just wanted to get together sometime and she said she was focusing on stuff with her family) and she didn't add "Another time" onto that rejection. So, I kind of feel like if she didn't want to she probably would've done that thing to me or, at least, something with the same message. Now, if it doesn't work out this time then I'll know for sure. But, I'll give it another try to see about Friday next week.

Thank you both again!
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Incredible Member

Is anyone else watching Constantine? I need to watch last week's episode still but I've really been enjoying this. I have not read the comic but I really liked the episode where he had to exorcise a demon from himself while he was trapped inside a prison. So much better than the movie too.

@Plawsky I'm rereading Hickman's Marvel work (plus finally reading Secret Warriors) in prep for Secret Wars. I just finished SHIELD #1 and this is one of the coolest comic books I think I've ever read.

My impromptu review of Multiversity: Guidebook (I'm pretty intoxicated and this started as a Facebook status but I just didn't stop writing). MINOR SPOILERS (you should know most of this already if you've been reading the series)

I feel like The Multiversity was just an excuse for Grant Morrison to play with every DC character he wanted to and make sure that he squeezed out every bit of fun he could into each issue while still tackling incredible and far out ideas like comics being windows into other realities. Sure it ties heavily into the upcoming Convergence event but so what? It still stands up fine on it's own and really you'll be having too much fun to really notice it.

And then came the Guidebook. After viewing different realities Morrison shows the reader exactly what the multiverse is and how it works, shows each reality, builds on some (if the baby Justice Leaguers plot ends there I will be very upset), and provides a nifty guidebook that actually fits into the plot of the story. Being able to see all 52 realities and some of their inhabitants is not only insanely cool bit having that information then having it so that the characters also learned what you did was a stroke of genius. The whole series has been incredibly metatextual which has been really fun, but I think as far the main concept goes having Batman pick up the comic (the very same one you are holding in your hands) and read the next page is my favorite part. Especially since it led directly to a scene featuring Kamandi and the New Gods (and a special guest). A lot of really dark stuff happens in this comic, but it never stopped being fun for a single moment.

Of course every great comic isn't complete without gorgeous art. Marcus To's Batmen and Marvel family pages were delightfully cartoony enough where it needed to be while still providing realistic looking characters when they showed up. To's shading provided the perfect gloomy backdrop that the Batmen story needed while still keeping the Marvels and Sivanas relatively bright. Dave McCaig's excellent color work definitely helped out. Meanwhile Paulo Siqueria had a lot of work to do in handling both the Kamandi and the New Gods story and dealing with giving the history of the DC multiverse (as a side note Rian Hughes did fantastic work on the map). A lot of characters show up and a lot of pre-New 52 events are shown and are all rendered beautifully with Hi-Fi's vibrant colors.

I cannot recommend this series enough and if you're already reading it, recommend it to everyone you know because at the end of the day this is what comics should be, fun.
    @Drz is this not the greatest thing or what? (the comic not my review lol)
    Last edited by wyokid; 02-01-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel M View Post
    Sales on comixology Is what I do. I listen to a few different comic podcasts and there are a few comics that they all talk about that I check out for myself Thor for example which i buy as soon as it comes out. If they talk about books that sound intetesting I'll wait until the book is 99cents or on sale on comixology and pick it up. After the new team on Wonder Woman took over I read 0 DC books from new 52. I get some x men stuff as soon as its on sale Bendis style makes it hard to enjoy a book in single issue format. I only buy 5 monthly/bimonthly titles. Its not the best system but with not being active on here anymore I don't feel the need to keep current and spoilers don't bother me.
    DUDE! HOW DID I MISS YOUR POST!!? WELCOME BACK!!!! How have you been man? What have you been up to?

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    DUDE! HOW DID I MISS YOUR POST!!? WELCOME BACK!!!! How have you been man? What have you been up to?
    I've been pretty good man. I miss talking comics thats for sure. I pretty much came back on to check out peoples thoughts on whats going on with Marvel and Ultimate. How are things with you?

Incredible Member

I've been pretty good man. I miss talking comics thats for sure. I pretty much came back on to check out peoples thoughts on whats going on with Marvel and Ultimate. How are things with you?
    Alright man. Kind of had some drama with a friend, lost a friend with that, and just started talking to this cute girl I met online that lives close to me. Hoping that goes somewhere. What all do you read now and days?

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Alright man. Kind of had some drama with a friend, lost a friend with that, and just started talking to this cute girl I met online that lives close to me. Hoping that goes somewhere. What all do you read now and days?
    Sorry to hear that. Good luck with this girl, is she into comics, or the like?

The monthly titles I buy are Avengers, New Avengers, TMNT, Thor, Letter 44 and Inhumans. I get a lot of stuff when comixology has a sale, like New X-men, Guardians of the Galaxy, Valiant books, and many many more. Nothing from new 52 DC yet and most titles from DC are big works like Crisis or Year One and the like. What about you? Anything I might be missing out on?

Incredible Member

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with this girl, is she into comics, or the like?

The monthly titles I buy are Avengers, New Avengers, TMNT, Thor, Letter 44 and Inhumans. I get a lot of stuff when comixology has a sale, like New X-men, Guardians of the Galaxy, Valiant books, and many many more. Nothing from new 52 DC yet and most titles from DC are big works like Crisis or Year One and the like. What about you? Anything I might be missing out on?
    You need to be reading Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye! Even people who don't like Transformers can read this because it is a damn good book (it was nominated for True Believer awards (Favorite Single Story: issue #13 and Favorite Continued Story: #17-21) but lost because it was up against Saga, Hawkeye, and Batman (which should tell you how good it is just to be nominated)). It's It's my favorite comic I'm reading. Every issue is just a perfect adventure. It will tear your heart out though so be careful. Here's one of my favorite scenes 1 2 3 4. Let me know what you think!