Default Dynamite's Army of Darkness stuff. Question! Confused!

So the new Army of Darkness that just started, by Steve Niles is in a different continuity than the original multitude of series that Dynamite has released. Correct? My question is, did they make this part of the continuity of the old series? I mean, the last series, I believe, was the on by Tim Seeley that ended with Army of Darkness 1992.1. Did something happen in that issue that rewrote history, thus the new series that's out now?

Just a bit confused. And what about this Ash in Space story coming out in December? Which continuity is that in?

Okay, that's too late to answer the question of the OP, but hey, better late than never!

I finally decided to jump into the Army of Darkness/Evil Dead 2 comic books! The only comics I had for the Evil Dead franchise was the Bolton's AOD and ED comic books adaptations and the first trade paperback of Dynamite's AOD series ("Ashes 2 Ashes"). So, it's time to fix that!

My god, they really milked the franchises!!! To not go totally broke, I decided to do some research to know what buy first and what I should avoid. I bought the 3 omnibus from Dynamite (series 1-2) of the AOD comics and I pre-ordered the Evil Dead 2 Omnibus (but this one might get cancelled based on what I learned about Space Goat).

I decided to stay away from the many weird crossovers (most TPB are out-of-print anyway and they aren't part of the main continuity). The only one that I wanted was the AOD/ Reanimator crossover which in part of the first omnibus anyway (but I still need the new one-shot "Army of Darkness vs Reanimator").

Anyway, long story short, during my research, I built a timeline to understand how the comics worked, and I added the video games and the TV series to complete it.

Here's the result (for now -- I'll update it over time)

Hi-res version is here: https://www.deviantart.com/morsoth/a...v1-0-800921554

Let me know what you think!
    Last edited by Morsoth; 06-10-2019 at 12:49 PM.