All-New Member

Default Star Wars Comics

Are both trade paperback and hardback the same thing but made of different material?For e.g this: http://www.bookdepository.com/Star-W...781783295166If I purchase this, will I receive the different issues or are the issues collected and given in a one comic book?

And Marvel is releasing their canon Star wars comics next year..will all the issues be released as a collected graphic novel?
    because I do not like to buy separate issues

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

The link didn't work for me, but I searched the same search terms on Amazon and I assume you're referring to the Son of Dathomir series released by Dark Horse this year. The content in terms of issues is identical, although it looks as though there may be additional bonus content (e.g. production sketches and such) in the hardcover edition (the paperback is a slim 95 pages; the HC is listed as 120 pages.) I would say to buy the HC in any case because the build quality is that much better. Dark Horse's 4-issue HCs aren't much to marvel at but when you pick up something like one of their Darth Vader HCs, it feels a lot more substantial.

*Okay I'm confused. I'm not sure if there's even a HC edition for this. The Amazon listing lists a shorter US version and a 120 page Titan Books version in TPB, even though both will be identical just with a UK price sticker on the back.

There's also another Darth Maul series, Death Sentence, and a digest sized book, The Sith Hunters. Del Rey has also released some Darth Maul prose books.

As for the possibility of it being reprinted by Marvel, I'd say buy it now. Marvel are releasing an Epic of Empire-era stories, and with the shift in focus, although the Maul story comes under TCW (i.e. official) canon, Lucasfilm are concentrating on the OT era for the time being in its merchandise. That's why the Black Series 6" figures feature a lot of OT characters. There will be one Clone War-era series, Kanan, but that's only the tail-end of Order 66 to tie-in with the Rebels TV series.

In any case, it's not a bad series. Not brilliant, but still worth checking out. There's some behind-the-scenes images over on The Clone Wars section of starwars.com, too.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    The link didn't work for me, but I searched the same search terms on Amazon and I assume you're referring to the Son of Dathomir series released by Dark Horse this year. The content in terms of issues is identical, although it looks as though there may be additional bonus content (e.g. production sketches and such) in the hardcover edition (the paperback is a slim 95 pages; the HC is listed as 120 pages.) I would say to buy the HC in any case because the build quality is that much better. Dark Horse's 4-issue HCs aren't much to marvel at but when you pick up something like one of their Darth Vader HCs, it feels a lot more substantial.

*Okay I'm confused. I'm not sure if there's even a HC edition for this. The Amazon listing lists a shorter US version and a 120 page Titan Books version in TPB, even though both will be identical just with a UK price sticker on the back.

There's also another Darth Maul series, Death Sentence, and a digest sized book, The Sith Hunters. Del Rey has also released some Darth Maul prose books.

As for the possibility of it being reprinted by Marvel, I'd say buy it now. Marvel are releasing an Epic of Empire-era stories, and with the shift in focus, although the Maul story comes under TCW (i.e. official) canon, Lucasfilm are concentrating on the OT era for the time being in its merchandise. That's why the Black Series 6" figures feature a lot of OT characters. There will be one Clone War-era series, Kanan, but that's only the tail-end of Order 66 to tie-in with the Rebels TV series.

In any case, it's not a bad series. Not brilliant, but still worth checking out. There's some behind-the-scenes images over on The Clone Wars section of starwars.com, too.

Thanks for the reply. When marvel is releasing this comic next year: http://www.starwars.wikia.com/wiki/S..._(Marvel_2015) /
    They will release all the upcoming issues together as a tpb or hardcover right?

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I expect every series will be getting a TPB/HC every five issues or so; I'd guess the collections might begin around July or August (currently known trade releases go up to May/June, so.)
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community