Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546 LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 677
  1. #661
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    9,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Power Rangers movie will not be getting a sequel. Has is rebooting with a new cast.

    https://twitter.com/PowerRangersNOW/...823568385?s=19
    Seems a bit of a mistake.

    Princess Jasmine and Billy probably would've brought more butts in.

    A soft reboot with the same cast makes more sense to me.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  2. #662
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Seems a bit of a mistake.

    Princess Jasmine and Billy probably would've brought more butts in.

    A soft reboot with the same cast makes more sense to me.
    I'm adding in Jason since he's also in Stranger Things. EDIT: I just realized that by "Billy" you really did mean Stranger Things. I thought you meant the actor that plays the Blue Ranger here, because his rep is also growing nicely

    The cast wasn't the problem. That it was a movie that didn't know how to balance character development with action (and also, the weird zords) did it in.

    If it's a reboot, they'll likely try to do MMPR again and really, how many times do we have to keep revisiting nostalgia? Power Rangers -- reboot or not -- has so much material to draw from already. Stop trying to capture lightning in a bottle.
    Last edited by Cyke; 07-12-2019 at 10:00 AM.

  3. #663
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,345

    Default

    Not quite Power Rangers but Jason David Frank and Johnny Yong Bosch have a movie on kickstarter they're trying to get made.


  4. #664
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,433

    Default

    Honestly if they reboot just do the original cast but older. Kind like a gang getting back together sort of thing.

  5. #665
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,345

    Default



    Is it me or has Austin St John lost a bit of the weight he put on?

  6. #666
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post


    Is it me or has Austin St John lost a bit of the weight he put on?
    He has, but also when he grows a beard (and with his real life mannerisms), he looks a lot like Mac from It's Always Sunny.

    Correction, Mac from It's Always Sunny looks a lot like Austin St. John.

  7. #667
    Mighty Member Sain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Not bad, this BM's execution seems to be getting better. It still feels confined and lifeless though. As if there is an emptiness, I can explain it.

    As far as the white dragon, that shyt looks beyond corny and a shameless JDF vanity project.

  8. #668
    Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,519

    Default


  9. #669
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    9,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm adding in Jason since he's also in Stranger Things. EDIT: I just realized that by "Billy" you really did mean Stranger Things. I thought you meant the actor that plays the Blue Ranger here, because his rep is also growing nicely

    The cast wasn't the problem. That it was a movie that didn't know how to balance character development with action (and also, the weird zords) did it in.

    If it's a reboot, they'll likely try to do MMPR again and really, how many times do we have to keep revisiting nostalgia? Power Rangers -- reboot or not -- has so much material to draw from already. Stop trying to capture lightning in a bottle.
    The only, early comment out of Lionsgate has been a reboot with MMPR concepts again but they're leaning on making something original.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  10. #670
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,345

    Default


  11. #671
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Seems a bit of a mistake.

    Princess Jasmine and Billy probably would've brought more butts in.

    A soft reboot with the same cast makes more sense to me.
    Agreed; the original cast was the best thing that movie had going for it. I'd be pumped for a sequel, could care less if it's a reboot, given that this specific iteration of the characters is the only reason I give a darn about it all.

    (Yeah, I do like the new comics based on old TV show, but I did kinda adopt that as a replacement for the movie sequels and they are really well done. But beyond that and the 2017 movie, that's the only Power Rangers stuff that matters to me.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  12. #672
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,749

    Default

    Yup the main reason I would want a sequel is because I loved the cast.

  13. #673
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,345

    Default

    Robert Axelrod, the voice of Lord Zedd and Finster, has passed away.

    https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/stat...05521998495744

  14. #674
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Robert Axelrod, the voice of Lord Zedd and Finster, has passed away.

    https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/stat...05521998495744
    I completely forgot he was also Armadillomon.

    RIP Mr. Axelrod. Thank you for bringing to life such iconic characters so memorably.

  15. #675
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Robert Axelrod, the voice of Lord Zedd and Finster, has passed away.

    https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/stat...05521998495744
    He has such a great track record with Tim & Eric as well. Man, what a shame.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •