Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1105

The Netflix peeps alluded to Once and Always tying into Cosmic Fury FWIW.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The Netflix peeps alluded to Once and Always tying into Cosmic Fury FWIW.
    maybe a quick scene with Adam and Aisha and the Rangers coming in contact with the SPA...?
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I'll probably see it some time today, but...man, I wonder how many of the other actors (surviving (RIP Ninja Storm Red) and without legal issues (Wild Force Red)) would be interested in a where are they now/teamup movie in a similar vain. I've always wanted SPD and Mystic Force together, I enjoyed the Sentai version and hated we never got it. I'm sure people could think up better teamups lol but I don't know I guess I want it revealed Jack either came back as Red or eventually succeeded Kruger. Also to see what Nick is up to.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'll probably see it some time today, but...man, I wonder how many of the other actors (surviving (RIP Ninja Storm Red) and without legal issues (Wild Force Red)) would be interested in a where are they now/teamup movie in a similar vain. I've always wanted SPD and Mystic Force together, I enjoyed the Sentai version and hated we never got it. I'm sure people could think up better teamups lol but I don't know I guess I want it revealed Jack either came back as Red or eventually succeeded Kruger. Also to see what Nick is up to.
    Kruger became the new Supreme Commander of SPD, and Sky took his position on Earth and the Shadow Ranger powers. That's how Bridge became the Red Ranger.

Then on comics continuity, by the the time Tommy's son becomes the new green SPD ranger, Bridge is still the Red ranger, and Sky is now the DEKAranger.

Makes me wonder when the Lightning Collection finally gets to Ninja Storm Red and Wild Force Red if they will get unmasked head sculpts or if they do will they be intentionally done NOT to look like the actor.

Ricardo's issues are a bit more egregious but I thought, IIRC, before Pua's suicide there were some domestic allegations for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Kruger became the new Supreme Commander of SPD, and Sky took his position on Earth and the Shadow Ranger powers. That's how Bridge became the Red Ranger.

Then on comics continuity, by the the time Tommy's son becomes the new green SPD ranger, Bridge is still the Red ranger, and Sky is now the DEKAranger.
    I'm aware (though the comics continuity is new info but regardless apparently not canon). My point though is there can be an in-story reason why all of SPD is back including, but especially, Jack. Well, SPD Pink is retired, SPD Yellow does burlesque now, so they'd be question marks, but if its a merged team it wouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Makes me wonder when the Lightning Collection finally gets to Ninja Storm Red and Wild Force Red if they will get unmasked head sculpts or if they do will they be intentionally done NOT to look like the actor.

Ricardo's issues are a bit more egregious but I thought, IIRC, before Pua's suicide there were some domestic allegations for him.
    I thought his suicide was directly because of the allegations. But yeah, I'm curious what they'll do. Skip him and do Crimson Thunder instead?

Gotta get the whole team tho. Ninja Storm is a fave season and THE season that got me back into PR full time as opposed to popping in and out here and there in the years following Turbo when I jumped ship directly after and because of Justin's addition to the show.

Would it have been great to have had the original MM team all together one last time? Yeah, especially because it felt kind of off that the other OG's only got voice cameos or reused dialogue while Billy and Zach got to take their helmets off...I know with Thuy's death you could never have all of them back together, but it still felt like a bit of a missed opportunity (especially since it seems like money prevented some of the originals from coming back). That being said the ending song honoring Thuy and Jason David Frank was absolutely precious.

Barbara Goodson has not missed a beat as Rita. Richard Horvitz doesn't sound exactly the same as Alpha-9, but he still captures those Alpha-isms well.

The flying car! Ahhhhh!

Minh was a little too bratty teenager, especially when she was deliberately out to emotionally hurt Billy, but I guess that's a modern "teenager with attitude."

It was weird how much of a mish-mash this was with Zack, Billy, Rocky who came later, and Kat who came wayyy later. I get it's partially because they couldn't get Austin St. John or Amy Jo Johnson, and I was happy to see them...but still.

So if Jason and Kimberly are the standing MM Red and Pink, do Rocky and Kat still have their Zeo powers? I assume Tanya was the Zeo Yellow they got.

I was actually wondering if they'd acknowledge Tommy and Kat's marriage and their kid, so that was nice. Also shows how strong the relationship is and how far they've come that there didn't seem to be any drama with Tommy working with Kimberly again.

Nice to see Bulk and Skull acknowledged.

You know Billy is the main character when he gets the center seat in the Megazord.

I appreciated how they faithfully recreated the Zords and Megazord in CG even if it didn't feel as weighty and and real as it would have had they used suits. Also that finisher was...underwhelming.

I was honestly worried they didn't make new props for the signature weapons, but boy was I happy to be wrong when they brought them out for the final fight!

I'm disappointed they didn't finish Robo Rita with the Power Blaster.

I'm glad Aisha gave Minh her seal of approval because it means just as much as if Trini did since she was the second MM Yellow Ranger. I also like how we got Adam and Zack together and the successor Rangers standing next to each other since, well, they were each others team.

spoilers:

Watched and completed "Once & Always". Here are my thoughts:

* The opening text truly drives home how far Power Rangers has come since 1993 (the year I was born).

* I don't think the special did enough to explain why Billy suddenly wanted Zordon back.

* It was great seeing the original dino zords again, though I don't think the new CGI served them well.

* This special further reinforces my belief that Rocky is only allowed to have dignity when he's a Red Ranger.

* Kat takes Tommy being abducted by the villains relatively well.

* It was great to see all these old faces. That said, there is a sense something is missing with St. John, Johnson, Trang and Frank not being able to reprise their roles for one reason or another.

* The dedication to both Jason David Frank and Thuy Trang was wonderful.
    end of spoilers

All in all, this was a great special and a true love letter to fans of Power Rangers. Happy 30th anniversary to this franchise that has brought so much joy to people. Here's to another 30 years. May the power protect you always.

Once and Always is number 3 in USA Netflix.

https://twitter.com/BeccaBarnesCats/...htmode%3Dfalse

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would it have been great to have had the original MM team all together one last time? Yeah, especially because it felt kind of off that the other OG's only got voice cameos or reused dialogue while Billy and Zach got to take their helmets off...I know with Thuy's death you could never have all of them back together, but it still felt like a bit of a missed opportunity (especially since it seems like money prevented some of the originals from coming back). That being said the ending song honoring Thuy and Jason David Frank was absolutely precious.

Barbara Goodson has not missed a beat as Rita. Richard Horvitz doesn't sound exactly the same as Alpha-9, but he still captures those Alpha-isms well.

The flying car! Ahhhhh!

Minh was a little too bratty teenager, especially when she was deliberately out to emotionally hurt Billy, but I guess that's a modern "teenager with attitude."

It was weird how much of a mish-mash this was with Zack, Billy, Rocky who came later, and Kat who came wayyy later. I get it's partially because they couldn't get Austin St. John or Amy Jo Johnson, and I was happy to see them...but still.

So if Jason and Kimberly are the standing MM Red and Pink, do Rocky and Kat still have their Zeo powers? I assume Tanya was the Zeo Yellow they got.

I was actually wondering if they'd acknowledge Tommy and Kat's marriage and their kid, so that was nice. Also shows how strong the relationship is and how far they've come that there didn't seem to be any drama with Tommy working with Kimberly again.

Nice to see Bulk and Skull acknowledged.

You know Billy is the main character when he gets the center seat in the Megazord.

I appreciated how they faithfully recreated the Zords and Megazord in CG even if it didn't feel as weighty and and real as it would have had they used suits. Also that finisher was...underwhelming.

I was honestly worried they didn't make new props for the signature weapons, but boy was I happy to be wrong when they brought them out for the final fight!

I'm glad Aisha gave Minh her seal of approval because it means just as much as if Trini did since she was the second MM Yellow Ranger. I also like how we got Adam and Zack together and the successor Rangers standing next to each other since, well, they were each others team.
    I wonder if anyone at a con has asked Goodson how voicing Rita is on her throat, I genuinely wonder about that.

I would have liked a sentence or two between Zack and Adam just to acknowledge Zack getting the dino powers back from Adam. But I can fill in the details in my own headcannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    spoilers:

Watched and completed "Once & Always". Here are my thoughts:

* The opening text truly drives home how far Power Rangers has come since 1993 (the year I was born).

* I don't think the special did enough to explain why Billy suddenly wanted Zordon back.

* It was great seeing the original dino zords again, though I don't think the new CGI served them well.

* This special further reinforces my belief that Rocky is only allowed to have dignity when he's a Red Ranger.

* Kat takes Tommy being abducted by the villains relatively well.

* It was great to see all these old faces. That said, there is a sense something is missing with St. John, Johnson, Trang and Frank not being able to reprise their roles for one reason or another.

* The dedication to both Jason David Frank and Thuy Trang was wonderful.
    end of spoilers

All in all, this was a great special and a true love letter to fans of Power Rangers. Happy 30th anniversary to this franchise that has brought so much joy to people. Here's to another 30 years. May the power protect you always.
    spoilers:
    They didn't really explore it much but when Zack talked about how Zordon was like a father to them I think the implication is that is why Billy was so desperate to bring him back.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Loved it. Far more pros than cons. I renewed Netflix solely for this and it was worth it. I'd totally be in for a regular season.

+ Pacing: I wasn't bored for a second with it. It didn't mess around and it kept my interest from start to finish.

+ Darker Tones: Us original fans are grown up. Glad they were added. It added depth and shock to the story

+ Fight Choreography: Extremely well done. Top-Notch Work

+ Story: Good balance of classic and modern elements

+ Kat and Rocky: Great seeing them again.

+ Zach: I have to say Walter's Performance was the best if we're talking Acting. Loved how he was the father figure to Trini's Daughter, and his chemistry with his team was great.

+ Billy: My favorite Ranger of all time. (Includes both PR and Sentai). So happy to see this character get the exposure/closure he deserves. Loved the Tony Stark/Aquitar Story he was given, his leadership abilities, and his science/technology contributions.

+ Story Throwbacks: Billy's Connection to Acquitar and Cestria, Power Ranger Device History, Trini Focused Episodes

+ Room for Continuation: I REALLY hope this was a successful project and it continues

- I wish Aisha and Adam were in it a little more

- Power Rangers or not, some parts of the acting and lines were bad

- Kat should have had more focus: Her past history with Rita and her husband was one of the rangers captured. This should have been highlighted.

- David Yost's Performance was monotone: Don't get me wrong, overall he delivered. I'm not sure if its because Billy never really displays emotion but Yost's facial expressions and tone nearly remained the same throughout the entire movie.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-21-2023 at 03:13 PM.

Incredible Member

I have to respectfully disagree here. I thought Minh's behaviour was perfectly understandable for a young teen whose mother has been murdered.

I can respect that but it's not a deal-breaker for me. Minh got to directly contribute by pinning Robo Rita in place so Zack could get a clear shot. Plus Robo Rita's body is basically a corrupted Alpha unit and Alphas aren't designed for combat so it makes sense her durability was somewhat lacking.