Page 66 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I just remembered his brother passed away in 2001. He played Tommy's brother in a few episodes of Zeo. In his last appearance he was one of the red herrings as to who the Gold Ranger was.

From the official Power Rangers Youtube channel.

Fantastic Member

Why was the idea of a Drakkon Live action series that Kyle Higgins not go through because of Hasbro taking ownership of the power rangers franchise?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    Why was the idea of a Drakkon Live action series that Kyle Higgins not go through because of Hasbro taking ownership of the power rangers franchise?
    I believe so. JDF was on bad terms with Hasbro ever since they took over. They blocked him from doing an adult Tommy/Green Ranger project. It’s why he crowd funded, produced and filmed his own movie; The Legend of the White Dragon. Which will feature several Ranger alumni.

I didn’t know there was a Drakkon series pitched as well. Hasbro likely blocked for the same reasons. It’s odd, because Christopher Khayman Lee (Andros from In Space) was able to get approval to do his fan series, Bloodline of the Grid.

JDF also wasn’t asked to come back for the 30th anniversary next year. He alluded to Hasbro wanting him to cover all his tattoos and other details he didn’t reveal.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I believe so. JDF was on bad terms with Hasbro ever since they took over. They blocked him from doing an adult Tommy/Green Ranger project. It’s why he crowd funded, produced and filmed his own movie; The Legend of the White Dragon. Which will feature several Ranger alumni.

I didn’t know there was a Drakkon series pitched as well. Hasbro likely blocked for the same reasons. It’s odd, because Christopher Khayman Lee (Andros from In Space) was able to get approval to do his fan series, Bloodline of the Grid.

JDF also wasn’t asked to come back for the 30th anniversary next year. He alluded to Hasbro wanting him to cover all his tattoos and other details he didn’t reveal.
    Why would they block a adult project of the green ranger anyway?

Why would they block a adult project of the green ranger anyway?
    I'm guessing brand protection.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm guessing brand protection.
    In what way?

Saban was in talks with Kyle so why could he not get a Drakkon live action series with Hasbro?
    Last edited by Xwho; 11-24-2022 at 05:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

In what way?

Saban was in talks with Kyle so why could he not get a Drakkon live action series with Hasbro?
    That’s just it. Saban sold PR to Hasbro. Just like when he sold PR to Disney in 2003 and later bought it back.

Hasbro is the new boss and they have their own plans for the brand. Push legacy toys for the popular seasons and push whatever the current season is.

I still don’t know how Bloodlines of the Grid got the go ahead for production. JDF’s professional cosplay of adult Tommy and Lord Drakkon are huge missed opportunities by Hasbro.

Last edited by Doctor Know; 11-24-2022 at 12:24 PM.

Fantastic Member

Maybe because Bloodline of the grid is a fan series and not a official thing which may have been what the green ranger adult thing and the Drakkon series were meant to be.
    Please reply.

Fantastic Member

That’s just it. Saban sold PR to Hasbro. Just like when he sold PR to Disney in 2003 and later bought it back.

Actually Disney acquired Power Rangers in 2001. Even though Wild Force was filmed in LA and had the same producers as the previous seasons, it was still under Disney.

As a matter of fact, Disney wasn't even interested in acquiring PR to begin with. They only got it by default for buying Saban's library. Which meant they inherited the Toei/Bandai agreement. And until the producers of Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder came up with the plan to film in New Zealand, Wild Force was actually gonna be the last season and "The End Of Power Rangers" was more than just a lazy title for the finale. During the last 14 episodes of Wild Force as well as the entire season of Ninja Storm, new episodes would air first on ABC Kids and it was late in the morning and some areas wouldn't air those episodes and those people had to wait for them to air on ABC Family.

They really didn't know what to do with it and with the exception of firing the producer for the first half of RPM and telling the producer of SPD that they couldn't bring in Jason David Frank for the teamup, Disney barely lifted a finger for PR. Disney also considered the show to be 'too violent', which led to them toning down the show's inherent martial arts aspect for pretty faces (hell, it's been said JDF was told to 'stop cursing' in the fight scenes) and just didn't fit their image at the time.

Fantastic Member

Hasbro is the new boss and they have their own plans for the brand. Push legacy toys for the popular seasons and push whatever the current season is.

I still don’t know how Bloodlines of the Grid got the go ahead for production. JDF’s professional cosplay of adult Tommy and Lord Drakkon are huge missed opportunities by Hasbro.

Why could not do both what they had in mind and a Drakkon live action series as well as a adult Green ranger project, Doctor Know?

PLEASE REPLY.
    Last edited by Xwho; 11-28-2022 at 08:50 PM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

A Drakkon Series or Adult Green Ranger Spin-off would have been a no brainer in my books. Especially if you got the correct writing talent to back it up. There was a huge generation of OG Power Rangers Fans that would have ate it up. I"m was mad about that 'Great War' from Super Mega Force that flopped so bad. It was one of the most epic moments in Super Sentai and you had the big talent in the US that was ready to make it happen here. JDF, Jason Faunt. By far the biggest epic fail in Power Rangers. They threw away a huge chance to save a few pennies. The large fanbase is more grown up. Target them and it could easily jumpstart the franchise

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    A Drakkon Series or Adult Green Ranger Spin-off would have been a no brainer in my books. Especially if you got the correct writing talent to back it up. There was a huge generation of OG Power Rangers Fans that would have ate it up. I"m was mad about that 'Great War' from Super Mega Force that flopped so bad. It was one of the most epic moments in Super Sentai and you had the big talent in the US that was ready to make it happen here. JDF, Jason Faunt. By far the biggest epic fail in Power Rangers. They threw away a huge chance to save a few pennies. The large fanbase is more grown up. Target them and it could easily jumpstart the franchise
    If someone had asked the people at Hasbro, like the CEO, like on twitter, could they have gotten them the change their minds and if, not why not, Godzilla2099.

Please answer.
    Last edited by Xwho; 01-17-2023 at 09:24 PM.

Youtuber and Power Rangers fan gives his tribute to Jason David Frank.

BANNED

The title of the Power Rangers 30th anniversary special is "Once And Always"