Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Yeah, I was pretty bummed they only fought the Putties for, like, five seconds before they immediately went to the Zords. We barely got to see them do anything in the suits, but they already ran out of budget to give the other Rangers their weapons.

I also hope that they handle adapting the aesthetics better than the live-action movie did in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Well, yes and no. An MCU movie tends to flesh out its heroes and still have time for several big action scenes (see: GoTG), same with Ninja Turtle movies. Even in single hero movies, one of the more backhanded compliments about the latter two Nolan Batman movies (as highly regarded as the trilogy is) was that the action scenes were good, it's just that there were more and more characters being fleshed out at the expense of Bruce's screen time.

A movie, ideally, should be able to show effects, action pieces, and grand theatricality very much beyond the scale of a TV show, but as a result of the writing. One shouldn't detract from the other, they should complement it. Having the Rangers morph much sooner, and maybe having one or two additional action scenes would have broken up the pace.

As it is, the reboot movie showed the Rangers as much more character-based and more as individuals than the originals or any other TV team, because it was written with more sophistication. But it's still a superhero movie and no matter how high profile the movie is, it still needs action scenes paced out for the rhythm of the film. A superhero movie can also be a decent drama, but the reboot didn't hit that balance, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I was pretty bummed they only fought the Putties for, like, five seconds before they immediately went to the Zords. We barely got to see them do anything in the suits, but they already ran out of budget to give the other Rangers their weapons.

I also hope that they handle adapting the aesthetics better than the live-action movie did in my opinion.
    Having them morph earlier and dinking around instead of the cliff-jumping stuff would've been great. Have them morph and get stomped by putties without training with Alpha/Zordon. Lots of things could have been done.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

eOne And Hasbro Tap Bryan Edward Hill To Write New ‘Power Rangers’ Movie

https://deadline.com/2020/10/eone-ha...ie-1234604204/

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    But in my book, I would have rather have seen a sequel to the 2017 reboot. I really liked that movie and the cast. Sucks it did poorly in the China box office and didn't make enough in the U.S either.
    Me too. (They did do a graphic novel sequel if you want more from that iteration.)

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What was the general consensus on the reboot again? Why did it fail specifically?
    Box office wasn't great and reviews were mixed. On the other hand, the merchandise and home video releases sold very well. Sadly, that wasn't enough to resurrect the series (and at this point, they may have aged a bit much to continue?). The reboot decision is a little odd in that the one thing that was more or less universally agreed on was that the 2017 cast was great. Will be interesting to see how the new movie and new cast get compared to the original.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/sta...30917414424577

We'll be getting new casting news on Dino Fury soon.

Well I'll be damned. They actually did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well I'll be damned. They actually did it.

It's kind of funny to have a female green on both the East and the West .

Female green ranger!?

AWESOME! My daughter has been hoping for one in the US.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Guess they wanted more of a tomboy look for Green and that’s why they recast Alexandra (she’s too feminine). Oh well

Michael Hurst (Ninja Storm's Vexacus) is returning to the franchise as a director for Dino Fury.

https://twitter.com/MichaelHurstNow/...75045823471616

Dino Fury has also been confirmed to have two seasons

https://worldscreen.com/tvkids/olivi...e-integration/

Astonishing Member

I’m really not optimistic about the “non-kid” franchise.

To paraphase someone else about Riverdale, the show isn’t for Archie Comics fans, but for fans of CW shows with an Archie Comics skin on it.

I’m worried they’re going to get rid of the important parts.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I’m really not optimistic about the “non-kid” franchise.

To paraphase someone else about Riverdale, the show isn’t for Archie Comics fans, but for fans of CW shows with an Archie Comics skin on it.

I’m worried they’re going to get rid of the important parts.
    That's not a great argument - Riverdale is awesome! I'd take a Power Rangers in the tone and style that show and buy the shirt.

Besides, isn't there 50,000 Power Rangers series for kids with all the important bits already? The occasional change and experiment every other decade is generally a good idea.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That's not a great argument - Riverdale is awesome! I'd take a Power Rangers in the tone and style that show and buy the shirt.

Besides, isn't there 50,000 Power Rangers series for kids with all the important bits already? The occasional change and experiment every other decade is generally a good idea.
    Riverdale is “So Bad, It’s Good” for me, so I’m gonna have to pass on that.

Funny enough, “high school full of dysfunctional people” is probably the furthest thing from what Power Rangers wants to go for since they want to lean away from “teenagers with attitude”.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Guess they wanted more of a tomboy look for Green and that’s why they recast Alexandra (she’s too feminine). Oh well
    Actually looking at them it's the reverse, although they are both plenty fem.
    The truth might be since Alexandra Nuñez is latina and the black Ranger (Perez) is also latino(ish), there is a secret unofficial-official rule for TV - if a show isn't niche about latinos specifically, they must be underrepresented, you can't have more than one latino in a cast, or two on screen at the same time, or it feeds into the anglo fears and anxieties about the true demographic of the country.
    So they had to recast one. LOL! Kidding fyi either way, Tessa Rao, from New Zealand which is awesome!
    PR franchise has always been unapologeticlly extremely diverse.

Realistically, so is Green Ranger a dude in the Japaneses version, so since they reuse footage is it they have to cast a certain body type? Is that what you are talking about?
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-05-2020 at 09:11 PM.

I mean, not everyone visits other Ranger boards. People are talking around it like its a well known fact WHO the original pick for the Green Ranger was. So for those wondering "Huh?" like me:

Alexandra Nuñez Confirms She Was Recast