Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Power Rangers came along as I was basically easing out of things like that. Its very sad to hear. I'd hope the show does an episode in memory of him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So tragic to hear.

The Dino Thunder season where he was the mentor was the main season of PR I used to watch as a kid outside of reruns of the older shows.

I give my best condolences to his friends and family.

Fantastic Member

First Batman and now the Green/White Ranger. In the span of two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Power Rangers came along as I was basically easing out of things like that. Its very sad to hear. I'd hope the show does an episode in memory of him.
    There's already a 30th anniversary MMPR reunion coming up which has all of the MMPRs except for Tommy, Jason, Trini and Kimberly, so it'll probably now be dedicated to him. Trini's actor Thuy Trang is also dead, so the special will introduce her daughter. Jason's actor Austin St John is in trouble with the feds and was unable to fly to New Zealand because his passport was confiscated. I don't know why Amy Jo Johnson and Jason David Frank aren't involved. Filming on it is done, it's in post-production and they're currently filming the show's next 10 episode season Cosmic Fury.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I didn’t want to believe it. JDF means so much to so many fans. He’s been the face of the franchise for nearly 30 years.

Rest In Power Jason David Frank. You meant so much to me and millions of others. Watching you everyday after school was always the highlight of my day. Thank you for the memories, inspiration and for bringing joy to so many lives. Be at peace and May The Power Protect You, always.

Quote Originally Posted by They Live View Post
    Still a child actor. I know people who went to college and are extras.

Go go power-rangers right ?

Speaking of which we are not clear why he passed. Aids/Hiv? Why conceal his privacy? Could it be murder within the family via a dispute? Suicide over something? 49 omgsh.
    Where the fuck did this come from?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    Suicide. He and his wife were having issues. And apparently one of his daughters committed suicide last year.
    How do you know one of his daughters committed suicide?

Does it say that anywhere?

This is all so hard to accept. Power Rangers has been a part of my childhood since I watched reruns of the original show as a kid and my appreciation for the show's legacy really grew thanks to Dino Thunder.

Rest in peace, Jason David Frank. You will be missed dearly.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Hearing this on my phone today was unbelivable to realizes.

Jason David Frank was a Warrior threw-n-threw in my childhood, one of the coolest & strongest heroes you could grow up with, many of us want to be him. His impact can never be truly mesured, help to create a whole new gerne of Superhero & made Live Action heroes on a regular bases truly possible, I don't think we have the MCU & other live action heroes today as much if not for the work he put in.

The news on how he died to is even more hearbreaking, My Prays and Love go to him & those that loved Jason David Frank, espically his family & friends.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    How do you know one of his daughters committed suicide?

Does it say that anywhere?
    I said "apparently" On another forum people were talking about it. Her name was Shayla Frank.

EDIT: Okay seems like she was actually his stepdaughter.

https://bareillycollege.org/shayla-frank/

Shayla Frank is dead. She passed away on November 19, 2021. As per the available reports, she took her own life. A year has just completed since her death anniversary this past Saturday. Fans were concerned about the death of Jason David Frank’s daughter, Shayla Frank.
    Last edited by KCJ506; 11-21-2022 at 02:14 PM.

I broke out my old VHS copy of the Green With Evil 5 episode set. He was the greatest Ranger of them all.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Shiro Izumi - Dragon Ranger Burai posted this tribute on his Twitter.

Video

https://twitter.com/TokuSpirits/stat...42588736565248

Picture

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I met JDF about 3 times going to several cons. Really enthusiastic, funny, and just a overall good guy. He listened to the fans and was always happy to answer questions.

I had no idea about the loss of his stepdaughter or divorce. He didn't deserve that (well, nobody does)

Gets me bummed out thinking about the pain he must have been in during his final moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I met JDF about 3 times going to several cons. Really enthusiastic, funny, and just a overall good guy. He listened to the fans and was always happy to answer questions.

I had no idea about the loss of his stepdaughter or divorce. He didn't deserve that (well, nobody does)

Gets me bummed out thinking about the pain he must have been in during his final moments.
    Tragically, JDF’s mother also died this year. Back in August.

We don’t know all the details of his private life. But from what we do know, he was understandably in a bad place.

TMZ just reported that his wife Tammie called the police around 5:00 am. She was concerned for his safety after the two had an argument in a hotel room. They were staying in separate rooms.

Be warned about reading the following.
    spoilers:
    Police discovered Frank in his hotel room in the bathroom after he had hung himself.
    end of spoilers

Tammie Frank’s Instagram post:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/ClQD8hdM...d=Zjc2ZTc4Nzk=

tammie_frank “The loss of my soulmate. Jason, I can’t go on without you! You are my world! Yes we had our struggles like any marriage. But months ago we both agreed it was worth saving. Deep conversations, vulnerability, forgiveness on both our parts. I am deeply lost, hurt and utterly destroyed. I lost my one and only true love. I am your forever “Firecracker” baby…till we’re together again ��”
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 11-22-2022 at 08:25 AM.

R.I.P. Green Ranger