Page 1 of 74 123451151 ... LastLast

Default The Power Rangers

From Mighty Morphin, to thunder powered, to ninja to, zeo to turbo, to in space and beyond.

I watched the show mostly from the beginning. I tommy had already joined the show once I started watching but I remember seeing Zedd's first attack and Tommy becoming the White Ranger. I saw the first movie in the theater for my birthday. I was far to old to be interested in the show but I have always been immature.

My brother bought me a morpher (with power blaster) for christmas and I bought my self the Saba Saber the entire Green With Evil saga on vhs and the Ninja Mega Zord and Ninja Falcon Zord (From the show not the movie)

Now obviously the best ranger was Tommy. It's hard to decide which ranger was better the Green or the white. The original Morphers were the coolest and made the most sense in terms of concealing them. I loved the upgrade to the power chamber from the command center (the displaying of the old suits and weapons in the back ground was really cool)

The dumbest incarnation seemed to be the ninja storm or was it wind storm. I never really watched it but the gerble as their master just seemed stupid. (I only caught few minutes of an episode.

With the zeo rangers. I never liked that they didn't have proper names for their rangers other than 5,4,3,2 and 1 but I did like that 5 was a star which had fice points, 4 was a square (four points) 3 was a triangle with 3 points. 2 was 2 bars and 1 was 1 circle. The zords were so lame. Two of them required the other two to tow them.

I stopped watching right after space but came back for a little bit during Dino Thunder.

Thoughts?

Extraordinary Member

Love the show. The best seasons are, in my opinion, RPM and Time Force

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Love the show. The best seasons are, in my opinion, RPM and Time Force
    I've not seen either of those. Rpm is basicly another version turbo right. Like wild storm/wild force and light speed rescue and space patrole delta

BANNED

Oh yeaaah! The best seasons were everything up until Power Rangers Zeo. But having said that, I LOVED the theme music for Power Rangers Zeo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I've not seen either of those. Rpm is basicly another version turbo right. Like wild storm/wild force and light speed rescue and space patrole delta
    Not really. RPM is much better than Turbo. I suppose you could say RPM is Turbo if it had been done with the mindset of In Space

RPM and In Space are my favorites. I actually scoffed at Power Rangers when I was a kid because it was so popular (what a dumb kid!), and ended up seeing the re-runs on Disney in the mid-aughts when I was a teen and college student. It's a fun show.

After watching Gokaiger and Linkara's History of Power Rangers I've been having a renewed interest in PR. I was a big fan when I was a kid, I stopped watching after In Space which just had the perfect finale for the whole mythology.

Just yesterday I saw the first 2 episodes of RPM and holy sh*t! It's great! Its probably a better sequel to Terminator than the Bale movie! Hopefully the movie will have a similar tone; serious but, ultimately, still aware that is just for fun.

I was in 1st grade when the series started. I watched from the beginning, faltered a bit into Season 3 after the movie, which I loved, then quit pretty soon after Zeo started. The Green Ranger coming down and just owning the whole team blew my little mind back then. I used to love green and white equally but looking back (with the help of Netflix), Green as the loner was so much cooler than White as the Gary-Stu impromptu leader of the team.

I've been checking out Zeo on Netflix and actually enjoying it quite a bit. I like the helmets, the theme song, the villains, and even though the individual Zords are lame the Megazord is badass.

I've also just completed my first Super Sentai season--Gosei Sentai Dairanger. It's the season that the MMPR White Ranger suit came from, as well as the Thunder Zord footage. It was amazing. The kung fu fight choreography was top notch and there were some especially epic out-of-suit fights. The show was equal parts dramatic, strange, and goofy, with a dose of creepiness. Every character had their own ongoing side arc and every character felt special and important to the show. **** got real pretty often as people were straight-up killed, children abducted, and characters would bleed regularly. The only disappointment to me was the 'Zord' fights. They were mostly pointless, every monster was dispatched with the same stock footage every time.

A cute Animaniacs parody that's actually pretty accurate. But it really bugs me that, for some reason, I think from Ninja Storm to present, PR has been obsessed with using the same sound effects as "Rita's" staff for everything: energy blasts (misc), morphs (Dino Thunder), even if the Rangers are landing from a jump (Super Megaforce). It's a sound effect used in the Simpsons and in dollar store ray gun toys for kids!

I recently finished RPM and really enjoyed it. I'm planning on watching In Space. I watched PR on and off over the years but the one I watched from beginning to end was Time Force which I loved.

That thumbnail of Mandy Patinkin made me think for a split second that he was going to be Zordon. Therefore Patinkin would play yet another grizzled, world-weary mentor that loves to drop the F-bomb

Oh godge, no Roberto Orci!

Haven't really watched any PR series since Lost Galaxy. I felt that Zeo was where the franchise hit its pinnacle, only to start falling with Turbo, climb back up some with Space and LG, and just plummet from there.

And even though he got somewhat wussed out in later seasons, this guy will always be one of the most imposing villains that the franchise ever had.

She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Haven't really watched any PR series since Lost Galaxy. I felt that Zeo was where the franchise hit its pinnacle, only to start falling with Turbo, climb back up some with Space and LG, and just plummet from there.

And even though he got somewhat wussed out in later seasons, this guy will always be one of the most imposing villains that the franchise ever had.

check out time force and RPM. They among the best PR seasons, and in my opinion, the top two