Ultimate Member

Default Delicious In Dungeon

Anyone else love this dungeon anime about Laios, Marcelle, Chilchuck, and Senshi venture into the dungeon to rescue Laioss little sister Falin who was eaten by a red dragon. The main four travel through the dungeon and eat the monsters as they go with a fair amount of humor added in.

The show is on Netflix.
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 03-08-2024 at 11:20 PM.

It's such a fantastic show. Me and my girlfriend started watching it and now I'm recomending it to so many people. The weird thing is that there's no cool idea to describe why it's unique, you just have to watch it and feel it

I kind of wanna read the manga to see what happens next, but at the same time I don't wanna ruin the surprise of watching it as it comes out.

Ultimate Member

Only thing I can't figure out is why the show has a nudity tag on it as I don't remember any unless the opening and closing credits with Falin and the sirens are enough even though you don't actually see anything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    It's such a fantastic show. Me and my girlfriend started watching it and now I'm recomending it to so many people. The weird thing is that there's no cool idea to describe why it's unique, you just have to watch it and feel it

I kind of wanna read the manga to see what happens next, but at the same time I don't wanna ruin the surprise of watching it as it comes out.
    As a reader of the manga it's great to see such positive reception regarding the adaptation and can only recommend giving the source material a chance sooner or later. The artwork alone is worth an extra look and this isn't just about the details of the food.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Only thing I can't figure out is why the show has a nudity tag on it as I don't remember any unless the opening and closing credits with Falin and the sirens are enough even though you don't actually see anything.
    There are harpies in the manga who are depicted with the upper body of bare breasted women, albeit their chests aren't more detailed than those of the sirens. Perhaps those are the reason for it.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-10-2024 at 06:06 PM.

Ultimate Member

Well the sirens are top less but their hair covers them up well enough. As for the nudity perhaps it's say after Laios saves Falin and she's naked briefly after having been in the dragons stomach. The show is fun and has a lot of laughs in it even though it's not a full comedy and isn't slapstick either. Always love the mushroom foot sniffer line from Marcille and Senshi being the bathroom guy.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Considering the characters are in a race against the clock I want for this series to have a bit more urgency. It's easy to forget why the crew are back in the dungeon and eating monsters when they keep getting sidetracked.

I already read the manga from the beginning to the end. It was really good. I wonder if I really should watch this anime adaptation, since I already knew the story. Well , I will give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    As a reader of the manga it's great to see such positive reception regarding the adaptation and can only recommend giving the source material a chance sooner or later. The artwork alone is worth an extra look and this isn't just about the details of the food.

There are harpies in the manga who are depicted with the upper body of bare breasted women, albeit their chests aren't more detailed than those of the sirens. Perhaps those are the reason for it.
    I think I'll read it after the show is over.

Unless season 1 ends on a cliffhanger, that might be frustating enough for me to go and read the manga immediately

Extraordinary Member

It's fine for what it is. Funny and entertaining. They really go onto detail with those recipes and cooking methods lol.

Ultimate Member

Should we talk about what happened in the current episode or would that be spoilers for those who haven't seen it, so then no.

Ultimate Member

Nice that his sister is back though not sure where they go from here as the job is done, the initial one anyway. If I was Laios I'd try to use the dragons parts for weapons and armor and such, selling some of it to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Nice that his sister is back though not sure where they go from here as the job is done, the initial one anyway. If I was Laios I'd try to use the dragons parts for weapons and armor and such, selling some of it to make money.
    Having read the manga, there is a LOT more to the story. It eventually leads into how the dungeon came about in the first place.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

Well today's episode starts that with the mad mage showing up, probably cast the spell to try and save the king but something went wrong.

Watched the first two episodes...

After seeing proto-Trigger Gainax stuff like Diebuster, Gurren Laggen and of course their regular stuff like Kill La Kill, Edgerunners etc.....this seems a bit more....decaf?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Having read the manga, there is a LOT more to the story. It eventually leads into how the dungeon came about in the first place.
    And the reason for dungeons existing in general and how they impact the world outside.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Watched the first two episodes...

After seeing proto-Trigger Gainax stuff like Diebuster, Gurren Laggen and of course their regular stuff like Kill La Kill, Edgerunners etc.....this seems a bit more....decaf?
    It's more on the level of Little Witch Academia. Plus it's a faithfull manga adaptation rather an original in house creation, so there is less room to go crazy and over the top as per their usual MO.