Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1105

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I am soooooooooooooo here for it. April 19th...its like an early bday present to me.

Love seeing David Yost getting some shine considering his on set ordeals back in the day.

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They got Barbara Goodson and Richard Steven Horvitz back!

I'm really not sure how I feel about them killing Trini off like that (and then just up and having her new daughter take over as the Yellow Ranger).

So was there just some location benefit to summoning Rocky and Kat because they needed a Red and Pink? Because thematically Jason and Kimberly would've made more sense even if I get they couldn't get the actors back. I wonder who the Green Ranger is (unless that's actually Tommy and that's the entire original lineup together because of the time travel).

Holy crud, the Zords! The Megazord! I wasn't sure we'd get that at all! Are those suits or CG though?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They got Barbara Goodson and Richard Steven Horvitz back!

I'm really not sure how I feel about them killing Trini off like that (and then just up and having her new daughter take over as the Yellow Ranger).

So was there just some location benefit to summoning Rocky and Kat because they needed a Red and Pink? Because thematically Jason and Kimberly would've made more sense even if I get they couldn't get the actors back. I wonder who the Green Ranger is (unless that's actually Tommy and that's the entire original lineup together because of the time travel).

Holy crud, the Zords! The Megazord! I wasn't sure we'd get that at all! Are those suits or CG though?
    I imagine the Tommy-ness we see is from early on during whatever climactic battle that ends in Trini's death. I had wondered how they were going to bring in the daughter and have her be a ranger. I'm assuming she will make some kinda last ditch save in the final fight.

And while it would have been great to have this be a truly OG reunion, can't fault them for dealing with Austin's legal issues and Amy Jo wanting a bigger bag than they were offering.

Robo Rita looks scary.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I am soooooooooooooo here for it. April 19th...its like an early bday present to me.

Love seeing David Yost getting some shine considering his on set ordeals back in the day.
    I feel the same way. David Yost was my favorite Ranger (both Sentai and PR) of all time. I remember the nerd rage I had when he didn't become the Gold Ranger. He more than earned it.

Wasn't expecting Trini to be killed. I'm assuming the 6 rangers were from a flashback and before Rita was about to kill Billy, Trini took the hit instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the PR, I like em alright - but I just learned the homophobic hell the blue ranger caught back in the day for being gay, and read that his experience with this movie was a complete 180 and welcoming, so kinda want to see this just cause of that bit of feel good that he got to come back and didn't have to deal with that old bs anymore.

I mean...without breaking continuity, I guess they could explain Rita became good, renaming herself Mystic Mother, by purging all the evil that was in her.

But instead of dissipating, that evil coalesced, became sentient, and found a new [robot?] body, referring to itself as Mystic Mother's discarded name.

That's the only way "I found a new body!" makes sense: she didn't lose her old one, she became good. Maybe the evil was sentient all along and always called Rita, its just the host body, the one that became Mystic Mother, was finally able to purge it. Or rather Zordon's sacrifice did it for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I mean...without breaking continuity, I guess they could explain Rita became good, renaming herself Mystic Mother, by purging all the evil that was in her.

But instead of dissipating, that evil coalesced, became sentient, and found a new [robot?] body, referring to itself as Mystic Mother's discarded name.

That's the only way "I found a new body!" makes sense: she didn't lose her old one, she became good. Maybe the evil was sentient all along and always called Rita, its just the host body, the one that became Mystic Mother, was finally able to purge it. Or rather Zordon's sacrifice did it for her.

As much as I am a canon single time line guy, the existence of the multiverse and multiversal teams of Rangers can basically be the deus ex fix for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the PR, I like em alright - but I just learned the homophobic hell the blue ranger caught back in the day for being gay, and read that his experience with this movie was a complete 180 and welcoming, so kinda want to see this just cause of that bit of feel good that he got to come back and didn't have to deal with that old bs anymore.
    That's why, while i was sad this won't be a true all OG Ranger team up, having David back to get some shine, i am all for.

Yeah PR was hell back then, well the people who were homophobic dbags to him back then. I am REALLY hoping none of his fellow CASTMATES were complicit in his treatment. Nothing has come out to say they were, but I'm just really hoping that was never the case and it was just crew and shit. Not that it makes it better, but....

And to think how far the series has come where we have an ON SCREEN same sex relationship in a recent season that even got a focus episode. I think they ever got an award of some kind from GLAAD for the characters, IIRC.
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 03-23-2023 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

In Fate of Lightspeed" Pt. 2, one of the demons in the Shadow World was a woman who looks li Rita maybe that's who this is.

I found this video which shows news clips discussing the controversy regarding the violence of MMPR. It also has some clips about news and reviews of the first movie.

Incredible Member

As much as I am a canon single time line guy, the existence of the multiverse and multiversal teams of Rangers can basically be the deus ex fix for this.
    Beg your pardon but that makes no sense and it would be unimaginative. Robo Rita flat-out says "after all these years I've got a new body." Why would she say that unless she had lost a previous body? There's no need for any multiverse shenannigans when "disembodied evil spirit" works perfectly. Plus it's more interesting.

And to think how far the series has come where we have an ON SCREEN same sex relationship in a recent season that even got a focus episode. I think they ever got an award of some kind from GLAAD for the characters, IIRC.
    Heck yeah!

Anyway, was anyone else surprised to hear the words "killed" and "kill" being spoken in Power Rangers?

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Beg your pardon but that makes no sense and it would be unimaginative. Robo Rita flat-out says "after all these years I've got a new body." Why would she say that unless she had lost a previous body? There's no need for any multiverse shenannigans when "disembodied evil spirit" works perfectly. Plus it's more interesting.
    Oh don't get me wrong I am not one for multiversal ish, I will die on the hill that all of them take place on one singular earth, I'm just saying what they could use.

The only thing with Rita is her being turned good by Zordon's wave in In Space and becoming Mystic Mother in Mystic Force, so how does she go from that to full on evil again.

Wondering if its gonna be something like when she was turned good by Zordon, her evil side was not eliminated, just sent out of that body and off into the ether until it found some old Machine Empire body and took it over.

Who knows?

Oh don't get me wrong I am not one for multiversal ish, I will die on the hill that all of them take place on one singular earth, I'm just saying what they could use.
    Look, I'm not some huge PR fan much less expert, having only seen a handful of series over the years - but just from what I watched there is no way they all took place in the same earth, despite the all PR teams meet up reunion episodes every series.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Look, I'm not some huge PR fan much less expert, having only seen a handful of series over the years - but just from what I watched there is no way they all took place in the same earth, despite the all PR teams meet up reunion episodes every series.
    In recent years they have made that clear, like in the Beast Morphers team up...the one before that too when Wes and all them came back, so I know they are multiversal. Everything up to Id say....Megaforce is Earth Prime tho.