Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    ...really wanted that cops and robbers sentai translated. SMH

In a perfect world, they'd so some sort of spinoff for the Sentai they think wouldn't make it. ToQger and Kyuranger and Lupinranger vs Patranger...the only rule is dinosaurs and ninjas belongs to the parent show.
    Maybe the comics will do something with them.

Astonishing Member

Default If MMPR was fantasy-themed...

How do you think MMPR would've been received if it kept Zyuranger's fantasy roots?

Incredible Member

it wouldn't have mattered , power rangers were at the right place at the same time. the characters and their giant robots all resonate with the children.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The official Twitter has revealed the names of the Red, Pink and Blue Rangers.

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/sta...61657137979392

Red - Russel Curry

Pink - Hunter Deno

Blue - Kai Moya

Pink and Blue share their names with Hunter from Ninja Storm and Kai from Lost Galaxy. Not the first time they've had Rangers with names from previous Rangers but this is the first time they've had a Ranger with the same name as an old one with the same color.
    Those appear to be the names of the actors not the characters.

Rest in Peace Eddie Van Halen.

Jonathan Entwistle set to direct movie and produce and oversight tv shows over multiple platforms.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ator-exclusive

Jonathan Entwistle set to direct movie and produce and oversight tv shows over multiple platforms.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ator-exclusive
    Curious to see how this turns out.

Ultimate Member

Rest in Peace Eddie Van Halen.

I bought that soundtrack (used) just for that song.

In fact that was the first time I ever heard that song.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

In fact that was the first time I ever heard that song.
    Same for me.

Last year I meet the original Red Power Ranger (Austin Saint John) at comic con event. He seem to still have some bad blood with Tommy (Jason David Frank). I never knew they still were beefing like that.

Also, I am interested in what they do with this new connected movie and TV verse they are crafting. But in my book, I would have rather have seen a sequel to the 2017 reboot. I really liked that movie and the cast. Sucks it did poorly in the China box office and didn't make enough in the U.S either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Also, I am interested in what they do with this new connected movie and TV verse they are crafting. But in my book, I would have rather have seen a sequel to the 2017 reboot. I really liked that movie and the cast. Sucks it did poorly in the China box office and didn't make enough in the U.S either.
    I think they misread why the 2017 reboot was not the biggest success. But it doesn't mean the next one won't work.

Astonishing Member

What was the general consensus on the reboot again? Why did it fail specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I think they misread why the 2017 reboot was not the biggest success. But it doesn't mean the next one won't work.
    From what I understand, though it was a box office disappointment, the movie-related toys actually sold pretty well, which is a big factor in them trying again with a reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What was the general consensus on the reboot again? Why did it fail specifically?
    If you ask me, just not enough time as actual Rangers. It's almost as if a regular 22 min episode (or at least a 2-parter) had more action than the entire movie.

I'm down with the more fleshed out, more character driven approach of the reboot, but it's sorely lacking in spectacle, and PR/Sentai is huge in theatricality.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    If you ask me, just not enough time as actual Rangers. It's almost as if a regular 22 min episode (or at least a 2-parter) had more action than the entire movie.

I'm down with the more fleshed out, more character driven approach of the reboot, but it's sorely lacking in spectacle, and PR/Sentai is huge in theatricality.
    Which is, naturally, the benefit of having a TV show format over a movie one.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Which is, naturally, the benefit of having a TV show format over a movie one.
    Well, yes and no. An MCU movie tends to flesh out its heroes and still have time for several big action scenes (see: GoTG), same with Ninja Turtle movies. Even in single hero movies, one of the more backhanded compliments about the latter two Nolan Batman movies (as highly regarded as the trilogy is) was that the action scenes were good, it's just that there were more and more characters being fleshed out at the expense of Bruce's screen time.

A movie, ideally, should be able to show effects, action pieces, and grand theatricality very much beyond the scale of a TV show, but as a result of the writing. One shouldn't detract from the other, they should complement it. Having the Rangers morph much sooner, and maybe having one or two additional action scenes would have broken up the pace.

As it is, the reboot movie showed the Rangers as much more character-based and more as individuals than the originals or any other TV team, because it was written with more sophistication. But it's still a superhero movie and no matter how high profile the movie is, it still needs action scenes paced out for the rhythm of the film. A superhero movie can also be a decent drama, but the reboot didn't hit that balance, imo.