Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Short film by Joseph Kahn

So hardcore. Shatters my entire universe. Awesome to watch. But thank goodness it's just fan made. I couldn't deal with this being canon lol.

BANNED

i always imagined what a darker power rangers story would be like but holy shit was this bold. dissapointed that jason david frank or any of the original power rangers actors didn't make a return and yes i know what happened to the original yellow ranger actress. may she rest her soul.

this was another great fan film from adi shankar. i wonder what else he has up his sleeves.

That short is probably the best thing that's ever happened to me. Life can never come close to this again.

I not really a fan of Power Rangers but holy crap ... if Legendary's movie is like that ... I will be a fan!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Someone posted that Saban's pushing to get the fan film removed. Because damn it , how dare someone outside them make an actual fun dark film of the Power Rangers. I get the sense they realize if the planned reboot fails , many will point to this fan made 15 minute movie as being better.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

This is hysterical.

If Power Rangers got an R Rated reboot - this is what it would look like.

So over the top dark it circles back around to being awesome.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I think Saban is purely missing the point (like they always do) that the fan film is actually satire of the whole Grim N' Gritty Reboot wave in the first place. The movie's producer Adi Shankar outright says it (and he makes more than a couple good points about what a realistic PR would look like, right down to the child soldiers).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I think Saban is purely missing the point (like they always do) that the fan film is actually satire of the whole Grim N' Gritty Reboot wave in the first place. The movie's producer Adi Shankar outright says it (and he makes more than a couple good points about what a realistic PR would look like, right down to the child soldiers).
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I was about to go on a tirade at how the guy who made this is being needlessly mean-spirited and doesn't get that Power Rangers shouldn't be dark and gritty like this...

...but then I saw the interview and how it's pretty much a parody of over-the-top grimdark. Eh, I'll let it pass.

Extraordinary Member

How can Saban not see this is a grimdark parody?

It has Bulk and Skull as Meth addicts for God's sake!

And Zack as an exercise video huckster!

I was one of those kids who ran home from school every day to watch Power Rangers, X-men, and Spider-Man. But I love this. I would totally see this as a full-feature movie. It does for Power Rangers what the Dark Knight did for Batman. I know Saban probably hates it and will try to get it taken down. But it's too late now. It's too awesome to contain.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I think it's an awesome fan-made parody... but I want it to stay that way. Just a parody. I mean.. I would probably watch a full length movie like this but I don't think I'd enjoy it. I hope the reboot is a little grittier than the originals, but this is waaaaaay way way over the top for me. Really good. But over the top.

BANNED

Bulk and Skull! Bulk and Skull made my day! Also, my two favorite Rangers in a final showdown - awesome. xD