Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'd love to see them do an actual feature film with this. I'd go watch it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Lemme interrupt all this grim-dark praise, so I can rank the theme songs of all the seasons. IMO, descending from Best-Worst:

Zeo
    SPD
    In Space
    Dino Charge
    Mighty Morphin
    Jungle Fury
    Wild Force
    Dino Thunder
    Time Force
    Lost Galaxy
    Turbo
    Ninja Storm
    Lightspeed Rescue
    Mystic Force
    Operation Overdrive
    Samurai
    Megaforce
    RPM

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

@Agent Z: I watched that "Teenagers with Attitude" fan film and it flat out sucks.

The only good thing about it is the woman who plays Rita. Hopefully their Zordon fan film is better:

Looks like Saban is trying to get rid of the Joseph Kahn fan film:
    http://kotaku.com/the-people-behind-...hat-1688002194

And here is our 6th ranger for Ninninger, folks. Starninger.

In other news, JDF doesn't look fondly on the fan video either, citing the overly-dark elements as a turn-off.

On one hand even he doesn't understand that it's a parody. On the other hand I agree with him on how stuff like the cursing, blood, etc, does not a better Power Rangers make.

Just for a frame of reference. RPM, considered by many to be the darkest Power Rangers has ever gotten? Even that still has a sense of fun. Time Force, with its themes, is still fun. In Space, a series where everything is on the line, is still fun.

This is why I'm against a darkening of Power Rangers in an attempt to make it "mature". Or at least, an over-darkening. It's fine to take it to an older level, but not to the extent that is seen in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    And here is our 6th ranger for Ninninger, folks. Starninger.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Apparently the fan film has been pulled now. Free speech and creativity take another hit.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Amy Jo and Walter Jones being awesome.
    http://comicbook.com/2015/02/26/pink...rs-short-film/
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Apparently the fan film has been pulled now. Free speech and creativity take another hit.
    To be honest, I can't say I'm surprised.

Long ago, there was an underground parody comic called 'Air Pirates Funnies', featuring Mickey Mouse in a context where he swears, does drugs, and has sex. It was all played for laughs, but Disney was NOT thrilled by this comic's use of Mickey Mouse, and said that this comic 'tarnished his image of innocent delight'. So of course they sued the makers of the comic.

However, the thing we have to remember with Air Pirates Funnies is that unlike MAD Magazine, it didn't change Mickey's name or anything -- they used the name Mickey Mouse. And they were going to keep doing the Mickey parody for a few more issues than just the two that came out before the lawsuit forced them to stop. I honestly don't know if the Power Rangers fan film was going to lead to further projects or not, but it sounds like it, too, was inserting swearing, sex, and other R-rated stuff into a family-friendly product just for the sake of cheap laughs and controversy.

But in any case, I can understand why Saban might be concerned about what a film like that might do to Power Rangers' image, even if I don't entirely agree with the manner in which they handled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Amy Jo and Walter Jones being awesome.
    http://comicbook.com/2015/02/26/pink...rs-short-film/
    They did all the right things, imo. They're free to like/dislike whatever they want, but they didn't go on a soapbox like JDF did. Walter Jones both acknowledged that it wasn't suitable for kids anyway so he didn't link it, and he spoke briefly about the different varieties of takes that people can have with PR (which sounds about right -- the show changes almost every year, after all).

So for those who like both Power Rangers and Linkara, his History of Power Rangers series just recently reached the big one. The one that tons of people who've been watching since the beginning have been looking forward to since 2010: His 4 part, 2 hour retrospective of Power Rangers RPM.

http://atopthefourthwall.com/history...r-rangers-rpm/

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    So for those who like both Power Rangers and Linkara, his History of Power Rangers series just recently reached the big one. The one that tons of people who've been watching since the beginning have been looking forward to since 2010: His 4 part, 2 hour retrospective of Power Rangers RPM.

http://atopthefourthwall.com/history...r-rangers-rpm/
    Was just about to post this. Really enjoyed the review. If there is one thing I wished he'd done was to discuss the in-universe reason everything looked so kiddy, goofy, and weird. It was Dr. K's childhood, her imagination, coming through subconsciously. Everyone else saw the silliness but she didn't because she couldn't, she didn't even know what silliness was. It also explains why Venjix's designs were so odd looking too. He was designed by K and therefore had her weird inclination for designs as well only more twisted because evil.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Zordon of Eltar

I recently finished Dairanger, which from Power Rangers had my favourite Zords ever, but that ending was just so disappointing. I was really enjoying it to then.

Next up is Kakuranger which two episodes in looks pretty promising. I like how the lone female ranger is depicted as being the best combat wise so far.