Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    For who?
    Me. im the poster, arent i?

They don't care, AT ALL about fans of the original show. It's just a nostalgic name for them to draw on.
    Spoken like a true executive.

F the source material, it's about brand recognition.

Didnt work really well with the Ninja Turtles, did it? But it did work for Transformers. Still dont understand why Michael Bay Transformers movies make money, though. I seriously dont. It have to be Bay's name cause those movie are trash and dont really care about the source.

In the end, there are more movies that fail than succeed when it comes to largely ignoring the source.

They want that blockbuster, mainstream dollar, and you don't get that by being camp and cheesy.
    Never said go cheesy.

We can debate whether you get that by going alien and slightly creepy, but it's what they're going for. The whole point of everything we've seen from this so far is leaning really, really heavily into the alien aspect. Implicit in every reveal we've seen is AN EXPLICIT CHOICE to deviate from the look of the original material. This is a feature, not a bug, as far as the people behind this are concerned.
    Yeah... i didnt say they randomly ended up with these concepts.

They aren't trying to recreate Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
    Yeah, looks like. Which is why i said earlier that they should've just created a new Ranger team and story instead of using the US originals and then apparently dumping most of it.
    We won't actually know if they went too far until we see box office receipts. If this thing makes huge bank, or even is modestly successful, then they didn't go too far. If it tanks, is it because they went too weird with their designs, or because the average moviegoer remembers Power Rangers as being terrible, campy and ridiculous? They're actually fighting an uphill battle to get people to take this film seriously as a big time picture.
    And they are not making it easier on themselves by having all this weird shit.

Speaking purely for myself, I'm GLAD they're going so different. If I wanted to see Mighty Morphin Power Rangers on the big screen, I'd watch the original film with the television cast. I want to see what they do with similar concepts taken in a radically different direction. Show me something new, not just a rehash of what has come before.
    Cool, i dont like what i have seen so far. Like i said, they should've created an original story. There's no reason at all to use the originals and throw most of it out.

I think at this point in the Ranger history it's general knowledge that the teams switch from year to year.

Okay I hate this Goldar design I hate it. I could live with the other designs (even Alpha *shivers*) but this for Goldar?! Really?! His original design was perfect. PERFECT!

The J-man

I don't get it. I understand the need to make the Rangers and their universe a tad darker for the sake of cinematic visuals. But Power Rangers has always been a vibrantly colorful universe, and because of that variety, it could lend itself to a darker scheme. Instead of taking advantage of that, the producers decided to go as boring and as monochrome as possible. The zords, the ranger suits, and now Goldar -- they all need a splash of paint here and there to offset the lazy color schemes. As it is, if I were a kid I'd think these toys were unfinished.

Like, as classic as the red Daredevil suit is, there's a reason why it was tweaked with black (or indeed, why Matt had two costumes) for the Netflix show. The traditional Flash costume is more well received than the classic Daredevil suit because a little yellow goes a long way, even though they're virtually the same suit.

Ok, so before I/we go further I'd like to make a separation line between toys and the movie versions, because there is evidence so far that regardless of the crappy aesthetic, the movie stills look 10x better than the toys. Which is usually the case, so Goldar may look way better in film despite having a crappy design...that being said, these are the shittiest Bandai America toys I have ever seen.

I'm so befuddled because for the series in the past the toys and in show designs look fairly similar, but here they cut corners on the most suspicious levels. This Goldar toy is annoyingly lazy, so much so I feel offended. lol

If this wasn't a Power Rangers film, I still wouldn't like it. Probably even less.

Fantastic Member

Goldar looks one of the cheap knock off toys your mum brought you as a kid, when she didn't want to buy you the real thing. The mega zord looks good to be honest. I reckonnthis film will be good

Maaaaybe all of this looks better in the actual film, but it seems so far that every single design for every single character is goopy, globby ugliness.

It's so weird that the monsters and robots look so bad when movies like Pacific Rim and Godzilla have done super robots and kaiju so well.

It's so weird that the Ranger uniforms look so bad when Marvel has done so many great Tokusatsu-style superhero suits already (Ant Man, Yellow Jacket, Black Panther, Spider-Man, and now The Vulture all fit that bill).

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I can't say I'm looking forward to seeing Goldar as some liquid-y CGI monster .

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Okay I hate this Goldar design I hate it. I could live with the other designs (even Alpha *shivers*) but this for Goldar?! Really?! His original design was perfect. PERFECT!

Dont you get it? His name has the word gold in it so they made him a huge pile of liquid goooooooooooold!

Cause we already saw liquid silver in Terminator so why not.... goooooooooooollldddd.

But serious, holy crap. Let's hope... LET'S HOPE that in his standard humanoid size he sort of looks like his original design.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Ok, so before I/we go further I'd like to make a separation line between toys and the movie versions, because there is evidence so far that regardless of the crappy aesthetic, the movie stills look 10x better than the toys.
    No, I was fully expecting children's hands to play with the Megazord and giant monsters for the big movie finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    No, I was fully expecting children's hands to play with the Megazord and giant monsters for the big movie finale.
    That's not what I was trying to say at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

#NotmyGoldar

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    That's not what I was trying to say at all.
    I'm being sardonic/sarcastic. But 10x zero still equals zero.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Bluebird

That's the surprise twist ending.

I'm being sardonic/sarcastic. But 10x zero still equals zero.
    This guy has jokes, and I thought I highly disliked the designs.