Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    That's is what blew my mind. You can play them late at night on Adult Swim and it probably would fit right in, in a cringy surreal way, you know? lol

Dino Charge tries to copy the most basic of TV tropes, but fails. The characters are weak, but they have somewhat better actors and more of it's own identity overall. Disney would beat it down into submission again I feel. I'm only finally getting used to seeing PR as a comic, because it is dealt with respect and not talking down to its audience. The thought of animation always makes me think of it as a parody. I can't really explain it but something about PR being animated seems jarring and uncomfortably surreal. As if the live action characters got turned into animated characters and were stuck like that. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rToz3vDGR9U

Ninja Steel looks like the same ole ish they just had with a power swap, but we'll see.
    Not really sure what you meant by that as we don't get Adult Swim here. I wouldn't say Dino Charge's characters are weak, certainly better than Megaforce's and there were good attempts to give them decent arcs like finding Tyler's Dad, Shelby trying to prove herself as capable to Kendall and Koda/Ivan trying to fit into modern society. It's just the way it all ended still gives me a facepalm. To be fair, in some instances, I think animation would be beneficial to PR. Something like Justice League Action or Earth's Mightiest Heroes would be nice. But what I was referring to there was that it'd be really cool if Justice League/Power Rangers was another movie in the DC Animated Movies line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Not digging a Jason/Kim ship only because I am afraid we will get some love triangle crap as one of the catalyst for Tommy's Green Ranger emergence in the sequel.
    I found that polarizing as well. It doesn't look so KImberly-centric though so it wouldn't fall into the same traps other Lionsgate franchises have went.
    Last edited by Scorpion1411; 12-29-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion1411 View Post
    Not really sure what you meant by that as we don't get Adult Swim here. I wouldn't say Dino Charge's characters are weak, certainly better than Megaforce's and there were good attempts to give them decent arcs like finding Tyler's Dad, Shelby trying to prove herself as capable to Kendall and Koda/Ivan trying to fit into modern society. It's just the way it all ended still gives me a facepalm. To be fair, in some instances, I think animation would be beneficial to PR. Something like Justice League Action or Earth's Mightiest Heroes would be nice. But what I was referring to there was that it'd be really cool if Justice League/Power Rangers was another movie in the DC Animated Movies line-up.

I found that polarizing as well. It doesn't look so KImberly-centric though so it wouldn't fall into the same traps other Lionsgate franchises have went.
    Megaforce was a really, really low bar though I feel. DC's starting core were always "acting" to me. I noticed ever since Samurai, the actors I find most interesting and want more of are never the core rangers. The only person that seemed interesting to me was Jayden's sister. In Megaforce, Orion was sub par, but better than the rest and I felt they also didn't give him much to work with. In DC Ivan, Philip, and Kendall are awesome but they don't give them anything to work with. The situations, and executions very much felt contrived on a surreal level, which is why I brought up Adult Swim. Shelby giving Tyler solid advice on being realistic about finding his father, but he runs away in a fit? lol Being the age that he is that was weird as hell. The eye rolling reaction shots of when one of the two is threatened by a possible "love interest". The horrid tradition of talking during fights, even if it is absolutely uncharacteristic; monster, ranger, whomever. They all blend together once a fight starts, because.. puns. There is even more to the list, but I'll stop there.

There was a bit more money or at least, better spent money on this season. I'm proud of Shelby's actor, because she started of very bad, which I understand nerves happen. Then you can see her get really comfortable and kind of experiment through time. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of her, but she very much improved.

Strangely when I think about PR animated within the scope of WB/DC animation as a team-up, like the previously mentioned upcoming comic, I can now see that working in my mind.

Puddies first look:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...uttys-new-toy/

I'm like whatever at this point
    The J-man

Ahhh, welp. Ok, so there is no need for me to reiterate my stance on these.."toys". LOL, I'm just waiting for a second trailer that can show case these designs in live action.

Fandango recently did a list of the 30 most anticipated movies of 2017 as voted by the public:

1. Episode 8
    2. Guardians 2
    3. Beauty and the Beast
    4. Wonder Woman
    5. Spider-Man: Homecoming
    6. Justice League
    7. Fate of the Furious
    8. Fifty Shades Darker
    9. Logan
    10. Despicable Me 3
    11. Lego Batman Movie
    12. Thor: Ragnarok
    13. Pirates 5
    14. Blade Runner 2049
    15. Cars 3
    16. John Wick: Chapter 2
    17. War for the Planet of the Apes
    18. The Dark Tower
    19. Pitch Perfect 3
    20. Alien: Covenant
    21. Jumanji
    22. Kong: Skull Island
    23. Transformers: The Last Knight
    24. Dunkirk
    25. The Mummy
    26. Baywatch
    27. T2: Trainspotting
    28. xXx: The Return of Xander Cage
    29. Snatched
    30. The Great Wall
    Given an incredible amount of 30 spots, nowhere on this list does Power Rangers appear.

Wow. I thought nostalgia alone would have it sitting top 10-15.

I don't think we've seen enough of the movie to really make that conclusion either.
    then I saw set photos and instantly thought "This is Power Rangers."
    Not trying to yuck your yum here, esp. since you said you wanted to wait till the actual product comes out (which is totally fair), but these two don't quite go together. If you have a case for being optimistic of the movie, then I and others have an equal and opposite case to be skeptical of the movie, based on the us seeing the same thing.

Wow. I thought nostalgia alone would have it sitting top 10-15.
    Yeah, it's a lesson in how much a comic book message board audience differs from the mainstream. We'll talk about PR/Sentai all the live-long day here (definitely moreso than most live-action Disney movies, John Wick, even Trainspotting), but if the masses aren't in it, then it means we're in kind of a bubble (a nice bubble, though).

I lurk every so often because since they are so hyper focused on anything PR they usually get news first and usually some good all around info.
    Oooh, I tend to get my news from jefusion.com. They're not always accurate (they, like most other sites, will rush their "Next Year's Sentai!" news for the hype), but they also tend to use the same sources that RB cites.
    Last edited by Cyke; 01-02-2017 at 02:13 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Not trying to yuck your yum here, esp. since you said you wanted to wait till the actual product comes out (which is totally fair), but these two don't quite go together. If you have a case for being optimistic of the movie, then I and others have an equal and opposite case to be skeptical of the movie, based on the us seeing the same thing.
    Set photos tell me one thing, the actual movie could end up changing that altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yeah, it's a lesson in how much a comic book message board audience differs from the mainstream. We'll talk about PR/Sentai all the live-long day here (definitely moreso than most live-action Disney movies, John Wick, even Trainspotting), but if the masses aren't in it, then it means we're in kind of a bubble (a nice bubble, though).
    Oh yes, the Toku bubble will always be small I feel.

Oooh, I tend to get my news from jefusion.com. They're not always accurate (they, like most other sites, will rush their "Next Year's Sentai!" news for the hype), but they also tend to use the same sources that RB cites.[/QUOTE]

Hahah and that is why I lurk RB for all your reasons stated. Especially now since the pre-new sentai news is always fun, regardless of how the seasons end up being.

I mean...I think it'll look good on the big screen, but the toy seems kinda thrown together.

Breaking: Zordon Will Continue to Look Like a Floating Head In the Power Rangers Movie

http://io9.gizmodo.com/breaking-zord...ing-1790753991

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Breaking: Zordon Will Continue to Look Like a Floating Head In the Power Rangers Movie

http://io9.gizmodo.com/breaking-zord...ing-1790753991
    Good. Zordon is best as a floating head. XD
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

I mean...I think it'll look good on the big screen, but the toy seems kinda thrown together.
    I agree. They look unfinished. As if they've been abandoned half way through being painted.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I agree. They look unfinished. As if they've been abandoned half way through being painted.
    The T-Rex looks the best. And then we have the Rhino beetle, Voltron lion, spider-beetle zord, and a jet.

It's kinda like after they designed the T-Rex Zord and Red Ranger suit, they gave up on the rest.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-12-2017 at 01:07 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

IGN has video of the red ranger costume

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/01/06...stume-ces-2017

looks ok I guess. There is a lot going on.
    The J-man