Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Haven't really watched any PR series since Lost Galaxy. I felt that Zeo was where the franchise hit its pinnacle, only to start falling with Turbo, climb back up some with Space and LG, and just plummet from there.

And even though he got somewhat wussed out in later seasons, this guy will always be one of the most imposing villains that the franchise ever had.

Yep , i loved zedd , cool villain before they dumb him down.

You should try Dino Thunder - it has Tommy returning although i don't buy him as a college professor. The villains were kind of cheesy but at least they were original with an original storyline and not a copy of the japanese sentai.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Oh godge, no Roberto Orci!
    He's only producing. Producer isn't a big role, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    They do a number of calling the shots, though, partly to try to make the movie as marketable and as financially attractive as possible. They're also the guiding force of what the movie should look like while the director's role is to translate and helm the film; George Lucas and his work on Star Wars Eps. 5 and 6 come to mind, where he produced but others directed. I suppose an analogy would be, if the director is the CEO, the producer is the board.

With that said, Orci can't help but latch onto franchise branding work; the vast majority of his film experience seems to be about latching onto already well-established properties.
    Last edited by Cyke; 07-18-2014 at 10:49 AM.

If you read the link, it says that he's doing the story. Presumably, the screenwriters are doing the dialog but the story is all him.

Thread necromancy time:

Here's a clip of JDF returning to the show: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152347929851687

(and while it's cool that they brought Gokaiger's helmet overlap for veteran Rangers, they just *had* to do the whole squeaky toy laser sound effect for it. The same sound effect they use for energy blasts, kicks, super jumps, etc since SPD. They need a new sound editor, badly)

BANNED

Best uniforms: SPD

Best overall characters IMO: RPM and Lightspeed Rescue (Ninja Storm honorable mention)

Worst Uniforms: Mystic Force

Worst characters: Tie: Mystic Force / Operation Overdrive

Fantastic Member

Im liking Supermegaforce, hoping for more guest stars!

BANNED

Has Megaforce come back from hiatus yet ? It killed the momentum of the series to be out for so long.

Extraordinary Member

also, Linara has released a new HOPR

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Has Megaforce come back from hiatus yet ? It killed the momentum of the series to be out for so long.
    Not back yet, but man, Nickelodeon's logic is *weird*. From what I understand, the split season format was one of the deals that Saban had to agree to for Nick to pick up the show.

Fantastic Member

anyone watching my morphin life?

It really varies on project to project. Some producers are very hands on. They'll demand a certain cast, certain shots... they effectively have final say. Some are happy to sit back and trust a director. There's been so many stories over the years of very different styled directors.

Great news everybody! Roberto Orci is departing PR to concentrate on Star Trek!

Definitely bad news for ST fans everywhere :/

This makes me wonder if they're going to delay the film or will they stick to the 2016 release? I think they should wait to 2018 for the 25th anniversary of the franchise.

BANNED

Just watched the super sentai Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters movie. Makes me wonder if they will be able to do a americanized team-up of the dinosaur PR teams like the japanese movie did. Mighty Morphin , Dino thunder & whenever they adapt kyoryuger.
    They should just skip go-buster. With the long hiatus of the american series , the japanese are already ahead like 3 seasons.

Apparently, Saban is in negotiations with Austin St. John to reprise his role as Jason! He'll be the american Kyoryu Silver and possibly be MMPR Red in the adaptation of the vs movie. Not sure about James Napier returning as Red Dino Thunder because Saban seems to want to stay away from the Disney seasons.

I think they should skip Toqger and do Go-Buster instead. If Carranger/Turbo has shown us, is that PR just can't do a comedy season. Go-Buster is probably the most "americanizable" SS season, I think it would be a great adaptation.

Oh, and btw, the cast of Dino Charge!

Last edited by Spider-Chan; 09-30-2014 at 11:53 AM.