Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

I think they should skip Toqger and do Go-Buster instead. If Carranger/Turbo has shown us, is that PR just can't do a comedy season. Go-Buster is probably the most "americanizable" SS season, I think it would be a great adaptation.
    I too would be hesitant to watch PR's version of Toqger. I haven't seen a lot of that particular show, but it's got perhaps the most high-concept premise that Sentai's had in years.

I'm really surprised that Go-Buster was put on the backburner, too. It seemed like the perfect way to cash in on the Spy Kids concept. Maybe the NSA shut it down?

Oh, and btw, the cast of Dino Charge!
    With the exception of green (who looks like a young Regis Philbin), that is a very attractive cast.

BANNED

So they are skipping go busters altogether if they are going directly to the Kyoryuger adaptation ?

Hasn't watched ToQger but what little i saw during the credits of the go-buster vs kyoryuger movie , it's kind of like Kamen Rider Den-O with the sky train theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    With the exception of green (who looks like a young Regis Philbin), that is a very attractive cast.
    4 guys & a gal ? Hmmm...
    Last edited by fmvgamer; 09-30-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fmvgamer View Post
    So they are skipping go busters altogether if they are going directly to the Kyoryuger adaptation ?
    It looks like it, or they might just pull out some BS in which the Go-Buster suits are just an intermediate step to Kyoryuger, the way Goseiger is to Gokaiger. (which is also the worst reason, imo)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Apparently, Saban is in negotiations with Austin St. John to reprise his role as Jason! He'll be the american Kyoryu Silver and possibly be MMPR Red in the adaptation of the vs movie. Not sure about James Napier returning as Red Dino Thunder because Saban seems to want to stay away from the Disney seasons.

I think they should skip Toqger and do Go-Buster instead. If Carranger/Turbo has shown us, is that PR just can't do a comedy season. Go-Buster is probably the most "americanizable" SS season, I think it would be a great adaptation.

Oh, and btw, the cast of Dino Charge!

I wonder if this season's powers will have a connection to Dino Thunder's.

This might just be me but it seems that every Ranger season with civilian vehicle Zords was poorly received or just not as well liked as other seasons?

Turbo nearly destroyed the franchise
    Lightspeed Rescue was badly received when it first hit and even to this day I think Carter and Ryan are the only Rangers from that season who have fans.
    Overdrive actually beats out Turbo for worst seasons for some and its character seem to have a bigger hatedom.

RPM apparently avoided this though that was the writers wanting to go out with a bang like with In Space.

Extraordinary Member

I love lightspeed rescue, though it does have the "introduction to PR" factor to boost it up for me.

From what I hear, Toei told saban to skip Go-buster because of poor toy sales in japan. That really pisses me off since previously they'd refused to let Saban skip Goseiger so they could have an anniversary season using Gokaiger. As a result they had to combine the shows together, to their detriment.

Though I've heard the Go buster suits will appear in the Kyoryuger adaptation

It looks like it, or they might just pull out some BS in which the Go-Buster suits are just an intermediate step to Kyoryuger, the way Goseiger is to Gokaiger. (which is also the worst reason, imo)
    EDIT: Ninja'd by Jcogginsa...

Apparently they're skipping Go-Busters because Bandai is forcing them. The show and the toys bombed in Japan and they were afraid it would happen the same here so they outright stated that they couldn't adapt GB. There will be "elements" of GB in DC, but we won't know exactly until the season starts. It's rumored that the Busters' Morphin braces will be used because it wouldn't look good having the morphers being guns.

4 guys & a gal ? Hmmm...
    Its rumored that DC will introduce the Kyoryu Violet equivalent earlier than Kyoryuger did, possibly even before Kyoryu Gold, as a way to balance the cast. Same goes for Kyoryu Cyan, is rumored that it will be directly a woman rather than a guy first and then a woman.

4 guys & a gal ? Hmmm...
    Yep. Attractive guys and attractive girl. Plus there'll probably be more Rangers added, too, if they follow the premise, including a few more female Rangers.

There have certainly been some not-so-pretty casts before. And then there have been a few that were ridiculously good looking (Space Rangers, for one. Not a single weak link in the six, imo. Four attractive guys and two attractive girls).

Well I'm a big PR fan. Here's how I would rank the seasons in my mind:

1. RPM
    2. In Space
    3. Dino Thunder
    4. SPD
    5. Zeo
    6. Mighty Morphin Season 3
    7. Time Force
    8. Jungle Fury
    9. Lost Galaxy
    10. Mighty Morphin Season 1
    11. Mighty Morphin Season 2
    12. Wild Force
    13. Lightspeed Rescue
    14. Ninja Storm
    15. Turbo
    16. Mystic Force
    17. Operation Overdrive
    18. Samurai/Super Samurai
    19. Megaforce/Super Megaforce

Words cannot express how god awful Megaforce/Super Megaforce is. And I'm looking forward to Dino Charge. They're doing a few things right so far with the diverse cast and getting rid of Jonathan Tzachor, who has long since fell from grace as far as PR goes.

I rediscovered PR very recently, so I haven't watch all the seasons. The last one I watched was In Space and I LOOOOVED it. The last episodes where some of the most awesome stuff 7yo me saw to that point. I'm currently watching MMPR -the other day I binge watched the Green with Evil saga, loved it!- and RPM. I'm planning on watching from the beginning and the better received seasons simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Words cannot express how god awful Megaforce/Super Megaforce is.
    Good god, I cannot agree with you more. I tried to give it a chance, but I think at the start of the second half, I just started to lose it. Some spoilers:

spoilers:
    The season spent so much screen time on Sentai-only powers rather than American-powers, as well as Goseiger-only episodes, that poor Time Force, Lightspeed, and Operation Overdrive never got a team morph, and Orion never got to use most of the Sixth Ranger powers.

Seriously, it's a nostalgia season that's like going to a total stranger's birthday party: yeah, you're celebrating an anniversary and you wish them well, but for American-only fans and kids, there's no personal connection and no shared history, so there's no real point to celebrate. Flashman? Fiveman? Really?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-30-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but now that Super Megaforce is quickly coming to a close, I'd like to share one of my favorite battles from Gokaiger, or really one of my faves in all of Toku. Presenting the Ohranger/Zeo tribute!

(For context: the Gokaigers' nemesis Basco has captured various Extra Ranger keys. His trumpet has the power to use Ranger keys as his own henchmen. But since there's no body to occupy to suits, the suits act fairly robotically, so they don't use their suits as powerfully, skillfully, or creatively as the original bearers of those powers.)

Apparently the ultimate power of the Ohranger keys is to go balls-to-the-wall all out. And the show using the Ohranger battle music instead of the rather-boring team theme music is an added plus of adrenaline.
    Last edited by Cyke; 11-08-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but now that Super Megaforce is quickly coming to a close, I'd like to share one of my favorite battles from Gokaiger, or really one of my faves in all of Toku. Presenting the Ohranger/Zeo tribute!

(For context: the Gokaigers' nemesis Basco has captured various Extra Ranger keys. His trumpet has the power to use Ranger keys as his own henchmen. But since there's no body to occupy to suits, the suits act fairly robotically, so they don't use their suits as powerfully, skillfully, or creatively as the original bearers of those powers.)

Apparently the ultimate power of the Ohranger keys is to go balls-to-the-wall all out. And the show using the Ohranger battle music instead of the rather-boring team theme music is an added plus of adrenaline.
    Yeah, that was an amazing moment. The Gokaiger's were freaking awesome.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Yeah, that was an amazing moment. The Gokaiger's were freaking awesome.
    Yeah, it's a shame this episode wasn't adapted for Super Megaforce (or then again, maybe it's fortunate then that it wouldn't have been butchered like other episodes). But back when the Gokaiger adaptation was announced, this episode was one of the tops of my wishlist; and back when everyone was guessing what the PR version would look like, I tried to imagine this fight scene to the kickass Zeo theme (I know there's a version out there on youtube, but you get the gist) .

Also, I'd like to respectfully point out that a good chunk of the Ohranger moves here are finishing moves, from the individual finishers to the two team finishers. Go big or go home.

BANNED

Yeah, it's a shame this episode wasn't adapted for Super Megaforce (or then again, maybe it's fortunate then that it wouldn't have been butchered like other episodes). But back when the Gokaiger adaptation was announced, this episode was one of the tops of my wishlist; and back when everyone was guessing what the PR version would look like, I tried to imagine this fight scene to the kickass Zeo theme (I know there's a version out there on youtube, but you get the gist) .

Also, I'd like to respectfully point out that a good chunk of the Ohranger moves here are finishing moves, from the individual finishers to the two team finishers. Go big or go home.
    It's probably better. Why let megaforce butchered it ? Gokaiger is 10x better than what has been seen in megaforce. Even the americanized "legend war" was super lame from the footage you see on youtube. Why get those power rangers veterans back just to appear for 1-2 mins in a glorified cameo role ?
    Fight and ending was just lame. I would have loved to see the gokaiger/goseiger 199 movie adapted but since the teams were merged into 1 for megaforce , it's never going to be possible.

I also hated that silver do not have the gold mode for megaforce but i guess they took that out because of all the unknown 6th rangers that are not in the american version although most are recognisable.

Last edited by fmvgamer; 11-09-2014 at 12:20 AM.