Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

I like the "glitchy" effects. It's almost like Spider-Verse. I hope they keep that up.

But the clip shows them running into that age-old problem: if these super-powered villains are having a hard time landing a hit on the unmorphed heroes, it muddles some of the advantages of morphing vs. unmorphed. Heck, way back in Season 1, unmorphed Jason sometimes fared better against Goldar than morphed. In Dino Thunder, Connor at certain points started losing to a monster only *after* he morphed.

Choreography and athleticism are nice, but fights should still make some kind of narrative sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I like the "glitchy" effects. It's almost like Spider-Verse. I hope they keep that up.

But the clip shows them running into that age-old problem: if these super-powered villains are having a hard time landing a hit on the unmorphed heroes, it muddles some of the advantages of morphing vs. unmorphed. Heck, way back in Season 1, unmorphed Jason sometimes fared better against Goldar than morphed. In Dino Thunder, Connor at certain points started losing to a monster only *after* he morphed.

Choreography and athleticism are nice, but fights should still make some kind of narrative sense.
    Sometimes I wish they didn't have the American Rangers fight on screen.

Or just give them the pawns. Then cut to a bigger chess piece to trigger a morph.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Sometimes I wish they didn't have the American Rangers fight on screen.

Or just give them the pawns. Then cut to a bigger chess piece to trigger a morph.
    Sentai is all over the place too but not as badly as PR, but I bring that up because I remember an episode (Dekaranger, I think?) where just 3 mooks were enough to keep a single unmorphed Ranger busy, which meant the mooks were either tougher than normal humans (and some versions have superhuman powers) or they're closer in scale to like humans in a bar fight. But it was a good display of struggle, too.

But yeah, I agree, just give them the pawns and morph when something bigger comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Proton pack! They're wearing an unlicensed nuclear accelerator.

BANNED

They have a most familiar looking Juice Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

They have a most familiar looking Juice Bar.
    Blaze is actually lucky he lost the fight. I can''t imagine assaulting the mayor's son would have ended well for him.

Extraordinary Member

Did anyone watch episode 1?

Now that...felt like Power Rangers.

And did they borrow a Disney casting agent? The only weak link IMO was Ravi but he may grow on me.

So Devon is the mayor's son and Ravi is the commander's son. Neat.

No real complaints, bring on episode 2.

Finally got a chance to watch the first episode. I didn't record the premiere, but since I heard some positive buzz I caught an encore. I liked it . At the very least I'm looking forward to episode 2.

I don't feel like making a Sentai thread, but I just wanted to post up one of my favorite battles in the entire show, and I was really annoyed that Super Megaforce didn't show it (among all their other countless failures).

But here's the Ohranger/Zeo tribute battle, with almost nothing but finisher moves, and all to the Ohranger battle music (and not their theme song like most other Sentai tributes).

https://vimeo.com/62666330

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I don't feel like making a Sentai thread, but I just wanted to post up one of my favorite battles in the entire show, and I was really annoyed that Super Megaforce didn't show it (among all their other countless failures).

But here's the Ohranger/Zeo tribute battle, with almost nothing but finisher moves, and all to the Ohranger battle music (and not their theme song like most other Sentai tributes).

https://vimeo.com/62666330
    I don't remember yellow having the chucks!?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I don't remember yellow having the chucks!?
    Yeah, I'm hardpressed to think when Tanya ever used it, other than whenever they combined their weapons to make the zeo blaster or that special attack where she floats in the air and they essentially turn into lightsaber chucks
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-11-2019 at 01:08 PM.

BANNED

Austin St. John (Jason) will be making an appearance in Beast Morphers

http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2019/...east-morphers/

Fantastic Member

Pua Magasiva(Shane in Ninja Storm) found dead.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...AqWwLkUT9urV5k

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    Pua Magasiva(Shane in Ninja Storm) found dead.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...AqWwLkUT9urV5k
    What the heck? That's one hell of a shocker. Man, such a tragedy.