Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I saw most of the Power Ranger Series and started to watch Super Sentai, but a buddy of mine told me to give RPM a try. Said its the best of the best (so far nothing topped Time Force in my opinion)

Only on the 5th episode but even after the first episode I realized my friend was right. This definitely is getting the award for the best. I can't believe how mature and different this series is. The story is amazing and its something I find myself binge watching.

Just wanted to drop this review, if you haven't seen RPM, check it out. If all Power Ranger Series followed this formula, I'd even subscribe to a paid service if it meant I could keep watching. Its that good
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 03-20-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I saw most of the Power Ranger Series and started to watch Super Sentai, but a buddy of mine told me to give RPM a try. Said its the best of the best (so far nothing topped Time Force in my opinion)

Only on the 5th episode but even after the first episode I realized my friend was right. This definitely is getting the award for the best. I can't believe how mature and different this series is. The story is amazing and its something I find myself binge watching.

Just wanted to drop this review, if you haven't seen RPM, check it out. If all Power Ranger Series followed this formula, I'd even subscribe to a paid service if it meant I could keep watching. Its that good

RPM was an awesome series.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Fan-made opening for "Power Rangers Dino Knights".

Incredible Member

Someone bought the script from Dimensions In Danger from Jason Faunt. Apparently, Cruger, Phantom Ranger, Ninjor, Eric and Ryan were supposed to be in the episode as well.

https://twitter.com/ZeltraxMilleniu/...64706600513536

The name of the Ryusoulger season has been revealed: Dino Fury.

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/sta...ad%3Fpage%3D56

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The name of the Ryusoulger season has been revealed: Dino Fury.

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/sta...ad%3Fpage%3D56
    Sounds bland. Dino Knights would have been better.

I think Dino Knights is already taken.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinozaurs

Sounds like Dino Thunder and Jungle Fury had a baby.

I hope we get a good theme song.

Extraordinary Member

I guess I should have expected them to adapt a Dino themed season again.

I was curious on what they would have done with LupinRanger v. PatoRanger.

They called it Dino Fury because Dino Force was already taken, and frankly, Power Rangers historically doesn't have a great naming department.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I guess I should have expected them to adapt a Dino themed season again.

I was curious on what they would have done with LupinRanger v. PatoRanger.
    I'm not going to be surprised if they decide to skip and never look back, like Toqger. Lupin vs. Pat constantly has thieves fighting and outmaneuvering the cops, and American parents and censors simply won't have that, even if ultimately both sides come together. America's cop culture is way too strong for that, and the show would be seen as teaching kids as being disobedient, the same way MMPR was foolishly criticized for being too violent by parent groups.

Even if they spin it away from its theme (the way Super Megaforce just completely avoided the entire pirate motif of Gokaiger), it would be incoherent with the source footage. You know what goes together like PB & J, or cookies and cream? Cops and... magicians... ("I guess they're magicians?", says a kid)

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    They called it Dino Fury because Dino Force was already taken, and frankly, Power Rangers historically doesn't have a great naming department.
    No, it really doesn't.

I actually don't mind "Dino Fury" as a name. Frankly, I find "Dino Force" so much more awkward, and I never liked "Dino Knights", either. Someone on RB pointed out that, "Dino Steel" wouldn't have been a bad idea, to touch on both themes (knights and dinosaurs), but from the sounds of it -- the description only mentions dinosaurs, teens and aliens -- they're going to minimalise the knight aspect.

And that's the part I've found disheartening. They've never done a knights-theme, before, and it would've been interesting. Unfortunately, Hasbro are continuing the same trend as Saban Brands were ... just keep aping MMPR and hoping for the best. They have a template ("Red Ranger with daddy issues. Aliens. Karate. Juice Bar. Clumsy people") and they're refusing to put any more work or creativity into it, than that. And it's frustrating that it's been 27 years but the show just can't grow past the MMPR tropes, without really understanding why they worked in '93 and don't work anymore.

And that's another part that's frustrating. Samurai had the primary antagonist as a Japanese demon overlord, and okay, cool. What happened next? A bunch of aliens (Megaforce), another bunch of aliens (Super Megaforce), a third bunch of aliens (Dino Charge), and then a fourth bunch of aliens (Ninja Steel). Ninja Steel's general plot was copied, almost word-for-word, from Dino Charge, and the show just seems to be lacking that creative spark, right now.

What's also frustrating is that Hasbro skipped three (3!) seasons with Orange Rangers -- trains, space-balls, and cubes -- to get to a season that didn't have one. Grrr.
    Last edited by OrangeRangerPete; 05-16-2020 at 05:13 PM.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Post-Disney, the subsequent owners seem to have a ninjas or dinosaurs ONLY mentality. Or if neither are available at the moment, animals (Beast Morphers). With that in mind the cops and robbers Sentai sadly was never an option.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Post-Disney, the subsequent owners seem to have a ninjas or dinosaurs ONLY mentality.
    And part of it goes back to the Sentai. Sentai toy sales haven't been great, for a little while now. The last big seller was the last dinosaur season (what eventually became Dino Charge. You know, the season that ended with the Power Rangers committing multiple acts of planetary genocide, and nobody ever holding them accountable for it), so Toei decided to kick-start its profits by fast-tracking into another dinosaur season (Ryusoulger, what they're using for Dino Fury) after only a couple of years.

Normally it's a good decade or so between dinosaur seasons. There's a similar gap between ninja seasons, that are usually on either side of the dinosaur season.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.