Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I thought the finale was one of the better episodes of Super Megaforce, although that is a low bar. Toei and Nick really screwed PR fans over

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    No word yet, but there's a persistent rumor that Austin St. John would return to mentor the Dino Charge team. And if true and if they stick relatively close to the sentai, it could mean that:

spoilers:
    Jason becomes one of the extra rangers.

But then again, many of the supporting characters were or became rangers, or took the mantle from previous bearers, for a total of 14 on the team during the course of the show: 6 main rangers and then 8 auxiliary rangers.
    end of spoilers
    I'd be all for Jason returning. Wierd how when I was a kid I loved Tommy. Dude was fucking Awesome. Now, looking back, Jason just comes of as more Awesome to me now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    I'd be all for Jason returning. Wierd how when I was a kid I loved Tommy. Dude was fucking Awesome. Now, looking back, Jason just comes of as more Awesome to me now.
    Jason being awesome.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Alright, so the Super Megaforce finale aired.

Par the course of the show, how can the finale be summed up?

What happened? Can i beg for some spoilers?

Fantastic Member

alright. after the first movie came out, i only watched a few PR episodes here and there. but upon hearing about the anniversary season, i got interested again, even watched megaforce just to get acquainted with the cast. for all its faults, i still enjoyed both megaforce and super megaforce. ive read the usual critics about how Troy is a bad actor, senseless explanation (or lackthereof) poor editing, etc. despite those i still found myself anticipating every next episode. But after watching this much hyped "legendary battle", it really killed any interest left i had for PR. it was a super mega letdown. i dont care if everyone will say Dinocharge is going to be awesome, I will never watch an episode of Power Rangers ever again.

Gokaiger vs. Goseiger movie... seriously, Saban, they were giving you prime Sentai material for adaptation in this movie alone and you squandered it.

Having all the pre-Zyuranger/MMPR teams and their robots included could have been explained as being "the spirits of ancient Power Rangers from across time and space" instead of that lame "new powers" excuse. The Black Cross King's giant form could have had no dialogue and just be a superweapon piloted by the final villain ala Lord Zedd and Serpentera, or even be the final villain's true form itself. All you had to do was TRY!

Eh, whatever. If Judd Lynn can't salvage the franchise with Dino Charge (and he's salvaged worse, such as in Turbo's second half), there's just no hope for it anymore.
    Last edited by Myetche; 11-26-2014 at 09:05 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Gokaiger vs. Goseiger movie... seriously, Saban, they were giving you prime Sentai material for adaptation in this movie alone and you squandered it.

Having all the pre-Zyuranger/MMPR teams and their robots included could have been explained as being "the spirits of ancient Power Rangers from across time and space" instead of that lame "new powers" excuse. The Black Cross King's giant form could have had no dialogue and just be a superweapon piloted by the final villain ala Lord Zedd and Serpentera, or even be the final villain's true form itself. All you had to do was TRY!

Eh, whatever. If Judd Lynn can't salvage the franchise with Dino Charge (and he's salvaged worse, such as in Turbo's second half), there's just no hope for it anymore.
    That was their explanation. The pre Zyu powers are the powers from Rangers on other planets

Quote Originally Posted by daisetsu100 View Post
    alright. after the first movie came out, i only watched a few PR episodes here and there. but upon hearing about the anniversary season, i got interested again, even watched megaforce just to get acquainted with the cast. for all its faults, i still enjoyed both megaforce and super megaforce. ive read the usual critics about how Troy is a bad actor, senseless explanation (or lackthereof) poor editing, etc. despite those i still found myself anticipating every next episode. But after watching this much hyped "legendary battle", it really killed any interest left i had for PR. it was a super mega letdown. i dont care if everyone will say Dinocharge is going to be awesome, I will never watch an episode of Power Rangers ever again.
    I suggest Watching some of the previous series. Megaforce was kind of a low bar. Time Force and RPM are among the best seasons of the franchise. Jungle Fury and Lightspeed rescue are good examples of the series average.

New teaser!

Well, the faster we move away from Super Megafail, the better.

Let's start things right with the Dino Charge theme song!

While the theme still has its problems (The Ranger Forever stuff just never worked for me at all), it is a massive step-up from the Samurai and Megaforce themes by just simply not being a MMPR theme rehash, and actually having a verse. It brings to mind what Zeo did with the theme song.

The next thing to hope is that they won't find a way to shoehorn in the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse name calling. Hopefully the lack of dead air means they'll see sense.
    Last edited by Xalfrea; 11-28-2014 at 05:17 AM.

And we have a new Super Sentai: Shuriken Sentai Ninniger!

Do you think they're gonna skip Toqger and adapt this one instead?

Why did Tommy have Simba but went green..... ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    And we have a new Super Sentai: Shuriken Sentai Ninniger!

Do you think they're gonna skip Toqger and adapt this one instead?
    Another ninja series huh. Well, we've had 3 dino seasons.

My god, I love those suits. And I generally don't tend to be a big fan of the more modern suits (ToQger was too bland, Koryuger had too much going on, Gokaiger was superhero-pirate which is redic, and Goseiger's gold made the suits look way cheesey).

My only complaint is the white boots. It throws it off. But we're probably going to be watching them from the waist up 90% of the time anyhow.

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PennyD View Post
    Why did Tommy have Simba but went green..... ugh
    They had planned on Tommy showing up as both the Green and White Ranger and I remember seeing a photo of Jason David Frank on his official Facebook page in the White Ranger costume.

The "Legendary Wars" while nice to me was over all a let down as I don't think Saban and company put in as much effort as they should have for this.

It would've been neat to have Tommy somehow gain a legendary morpher and switch between his various suits during the battle (except, aside from that speech, he was in it for all of one second anyway, and no American battle footage!).

The battle would've been greatly more satisfying if there was more American footage; after all, this is the American anniversary, and the Sentai footage showed non-American teams. But probably more important for the story, if the huge battle started and Tommy and the other veterans told Super Megaforce to confront Mavro while they keep the army at bay.