Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Honestly, this isn't necessarily a bad thing for either Power Rangers OR Sentai. PR, should it continue in some form whether animated or live action, will no longer be beholden to to the already filmed footage. Which is a net positive for storytelling. And perhaps this means Shout Factory can get back in the business of releasing Sentai on DVD (come on Aba, Deka, Magi and Boukenger...).

It's too early to do anything but speculate on what this could mean for either franchise. Hell, in five years we might be looking back on some great PR and thinking how awesome it is that they freed themselves from Sentai's footage. Or maybe we'll all weep about Hasbro finally killed PR. Who knows?

John Warden, Transformers' Design manager for Hasbro between 2014 and 2020, has been put in Charge of Power Rangers.

https://twitter.com/Unicron_News/sta...59070429790209

Curious to see how it's going to turn out.

I don't think it's going to change anything for the Sentai shows as it was always been meant for a japanese audiance and that they don't need anything from PR to exist but what now for our good ol' power rangers franchise?

Interesting situation, impossible to say if it's going to be terrible or the best thing ever. But it's cool, bet it's going to bring the attention of a lot of new people to the franchise which is always good.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 07-17-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Dino Fury starts production in October.

https://variety.com/2020/film/global...st-1234733623/

Den of Geek has some information on an early draft of the first Power Rangers movie. This includes a more fleshed out backstory on how Dulcea knew Zordon, the meaning of the word "Ninjetti", some dialogue that seems to acknowledge the cast changeover and some expansion on Ivan's plan in the movie.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the...we-almost-got/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think I saw saw some TV-Nihon logos in there.

Incredible Member

another dinosaur theme power rangers ? Didn't they just do the 3 dinosaur teams teaming up with austin st john just last season ?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    John Warden, Transformers' Design manager for Hasbro between 2014 and 2020, has been put in Charge of Power Rangers.

https://twitter.com/Unicron_News/sta...59070429790209
    Tbh, this latest line of Transformers toys got me back into the franchise, with many of the toys purposely trying to go back to looking like the original G1 cartoon models. If Warden was in charge of this current run, then my faith in his work for Power Rangers is pretty high, at least design-wise. Hasbro's toys have been surprisingly good, calming some fears that breaking off from Bandai would hurt that side.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I saw saw some TV-Nihon logos in there.
    Concurred. Hooboy, this is gonna go straight to TV-Nihon's heads.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    another dinosaur theme power rangers ? Didn't they just do the 3 dinosaur teams teaming up with austin st john just last season ?
    Super Sentai fans were saying the exact same thing when Ryusoulger, and it's not uncommon to hear folks wishing the show focused more on a knight motif than relying on the dinosaur side once again. Dinosaurs may be more profitable, which would explain things, but this sets in franchise fatigue -- which is weird since the show is targeted to kids (5-7+ year olds) but the promo itself seems targeted at multiple generations of fans, obviously including the current generation. For those outside the core range of children, even for slightly older kids, this could seem repetitive.

...really wanted that cops and robbers sentai translated. SMH

In a perfect world, they'd so some sort of spinoff for the Sentai they think wouldn't make it. ToQger and Kyuranger and Lupinranger vs Patranger...the only rule is dinosaurs and ninjas belongs to the parent show.

Incredible Member

they should have adapted the train rangers toqger but just exclude out the super sentai crossover with the world of kamen rider gaim or the follow-up , the kamen rider civil war - showa vs heisei where toqger team up with its fellow train motif kr den-o

yeah , i realised why it couldn't be adapted. japanese trains are different from the us ones so not compatible.
    Last edited by marshal88; 09-28-2020 at 12:40 AM.

I really wanted a Kyuuranger adaptation. It's been awhile since we've had a dedicated space show (I mean, every show has aliens coming to Earth, but even SPD barely left the planet -- and they patrol space!).

...though, having at least 12 Rangers would be a budget drain, and juggling ten Rangers wasn't handled that well in Dino Charge.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

I was itching for Toqger or Kyuranger, and I could've lived with Zyuohger (the cubes are amazingly cute to play with). Any one of those would've give us an American Orange Ranger, but instead, Hasbro went with Dino Fury, and we look set for yet another MMPR-rehash, in a long line of MMPR-rehashes. Le sigh.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Super Sentai fans were saying the exact same thing when Ryusoulger, and it's not uncommon to hear folks wishing the show focused more on a knight motif than relying on the dinosaur side once again. Dinosaurs may be more profitable, which would explain things, but this sets in franchise fatigue -- which is weird since the show is targeted to kids (5-7+ year olds) but the promo itself seems targeted at multiple generations of fans, obviously including the current generation. For those outside the core range of children, even for slightly older kids, this could seem repetitive.
    What's strange to me about Ryusoulger is that its full name - Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger - translates to "Knight Dragon Squadron Dragon Armament Ranger". It sounds like it would be a dragon/knight themed season not a dinosaur one.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    I was itching for Toqger or Kyuranger, and I could've lived with Zyuohger (the cubes are amazingly cute to play with). Any one of those would've give us an American Orange Ranger, but instead, Hasbro went with Dino Fury, and we look set for yet another MMPR-rehash, in a long line of MMPR-rehashes. Le sigh.

The irony is that MMPR didn't really focus on dinosaurs (and half the Zords weren't even actual dinosaurs) so Hasbro is basically mining the least important element of the first show for nostalgia.

The official Twitter has revealed the names of the Red, Pink and Blue Rangers.

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/sta...61657137979392

Red - Russel Curry

Pink - Hunter Deno

Blue - Kai Moya

Pink and Blue share their names with Hunter from Ninja Storm and Kai from Lost Galaxy. Not the first time they've had Rangers with names from previous Rangers but this is the first time they've had a Ranger with the same name as an old one with the same color.