Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

How did they have both the Space Rangers and the Turbo Rangers show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

And Zeo/Morphin/Turbo.... And sabba but no ranger...

By putting as many suits on stunt actors as possible and not giving a damn about continuity despite all that lip service to history. That also explains why there were so many Sentai-only Rangers, too -- all that lifted footage with no real rhyme or reason to editing.

And for the love of god, TJ should've been Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Oh yeaaah! The best seasons were everything up until Power Rangers Zeo. But having said that, I LOVED the theme music for Power Rangers Zeo.
    I must admit that’s something that is lacking in shows these days, very few actually have openings. I miss this I can just see some awesome openings for certain shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

A cute Animaniacs parody that's actually pretty accurate. But it really bugs me that, for some reason, I think from Ninja Storm to present, PR has been obsessed with using the same sound effects as "Rita's" staff for everything: energy blasts (misc), morphs (Dino Thunder), even if the Rangers are landing from a jump (Super Megaforce). It's a sound effect used in the Simpsons and in dollar store ray gun toys for kids!
    You have no idea how long I have wanted to see this, I saw the end of it and was thinking this is awesome.
    This might just be me but it seems that every Ranger season with civilian vehicle Zords was poorly received or just not as well liked as other seasons?
    Not by me
    Turbo nearly destroyed the franchise
    Cutting your cast down to about 4 main characters(something to do with JDF I think) didn’t help it but I think it was replacing the four rangers in the middle of the series
    Lightspeed Rescue was badly received when it first hit and even to this day I think Carter and Ryan are the only Rangers from that season who have fans.
    Not me I liked them all except Joel & possibly Chad.
    Overdrive actually beats out Turbo for worst seasons for some and its character seem to have a bigger hatedom.
    Wasn’t a big fan of overdrive
    RPM apparently avoided this though that was the writers wanting to go out with a bang like with In Space.
    There’s something about RPM that doesn’t sit right with me I don’t know what it is though.
    For me I didn’t like several things about it(Super Megaforce), the whole Gia/Jake thing was it just me or did no one see that coming as far as I could tell she was p!$$ed at the guy, it was cliché and really cheesy its like saban is trying to ride on the coat tails of Disney, in their series there were no relationships really developed until the finale the worst example is actually one of my favorite shows Jungle Fury . Since this was the anniversary they should have gone full throttle extend the series and have a ranger from each time come back. What annoys me is they had the chance to establish what is and what isn’t cannon. Something I think would have been awesome is for the legendary rangers to come up and appear unmorphed. You could bring back the Tommy Oliver clone (to act as Green ranger) have the real Tommy as Red Zeo and have them all morph I think to this day that would have been super sweet. Since it’s the anniversary you could have brought in the extra rangers too.
    Truth is the best policy

There's a theory that the Turbo Rangers where some robots that appeared in a episode but went to Eltar to fight and now they've returned to fight the Legendary Battle.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyD View Post
    And Zeo/Morphin/Turbo.... And sabba but no ranger...
    If you look the initial scene, you'll notice that the Zeo rangers don't feature Zeo I. The breakdown goes like this:
    MMPR:
    -Jason
    -Zach
    -Billy
    -Kimberly
    -Is not know if the yellow is Trini or Aisha, but is probably Aisha since the actress was invited for the episode but declined.

Zeo:
    -Rocky
    -Adam
    -Tanya
    -Kat

Turbo:
    -Robots + Justin

Space:
    -Andross
    -TJ
    -Carlos
    -Ashley
    -Cass

By putting as many suits on stunt actors as possible and not giving a damn about continuity despite all that lip service to history. That also explains why there were so many Sentai-only Rangers, too -- all that lifted footage with no real rhyme or reason to editing.

And for the love of god, TJ should've been Red.
    Needless to say, the whole thing was thrown at last minute with no script.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Cutting your cast down to about 4 main characters(something to do with JDF I think) didn’t help it but I think it was replacing the four rangers in the middle of the series
    Actually, the ratings IMPROVED when the rangers where replaced.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 12-08-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    It's outrageous when one considers that the production team had about two years to plan this out, since the war was prophesized at the beginning of just-plain-Megaforce. Heck, the team knew this season was coming, plus they hyped it up at the 2012 Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade with a frankly impressive display. Two years of waiting (Three if you count watching Gokaiger as part of the process; after all, it takes time to design, build, and market toys) and this is what we got. Argh.

I'm hoping that the 25th anniversary has more success.
    Last edited by Cyke; 12-08-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Actually, the ratings IMPROVED when the rangers where replaced.
    Are you sure the ratings improved because the rangers were replaced or was it maybe because the rangers were written consistent hanging together like the series before i know JDF screen time was cut by a lot for Turbo.
    Truth is the best policy

So what are you guys' favorite and least favorite team-ups? For my favorite its the Time Force/Wild Force team up, "Reinforcements From The Future". Great chemistry between the casts as they interact, continues the story from the previous show, while enhancing the current season and it has all the members of both teams. My least favorite is "Trakeena's Revenge", the Lost Galaxy/Lightspeed Rescue team up. More screen time is given to the little girl than the Galaxy Ranger, Ryan and Mike are absent and we had the old lady saying there was "no such thing as monsters". In Power Rangers. In a season that has the Rangers as known public figures. In an episode that showed this season was canon with the last seven season.

Tommy gonna whoop CM punk..

So what are you guys' favorite and least favorite team-ups? For my favorite its the Time Force/Wild Force team up, "Reinforcements From The Future". Great chemistry between the casts as they interact, continues the story from the previous show, while enhancing the current season and it has all the members of both teams. My least favorite is "Trakeena's Revenge", the Lost Galaxy/Lightspeed Rescue team up. More screen time is given to the little girl than the Galaxy Ranger, Ryan and Mike are absent and we had the old lady saying there was "no such thing as monsters". In Power Rangers. In a season that has the Rangers as known public figures. In an episode that showed this season was canon with the last seven season.
    If Forever Red counts, I'll go for it. Heck, they certainly put more effort there than in the the Super Megaforce finale. It was fun, used very minimal Sentai footage (I think stock footage of the Astro Megaship, and that's it), got to the point, and all the guest rangers had at least two moments to shine. I wish it was a two-parter since most team-ups are, and it would've given more time to each Ranger.

If we're doing only team-up crossovers, Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder was pretty fun. I love how both teams were more or less evenly matched (one side had powers given to them, the other learned how to wield powers, so it was nice to see the latter hold their own). Plus, we had an actual Ranger team vs. Ranger team battle for once. My only downside is that the final battle was merely a toy showcase with very little rhyme or reason, so the choreography was lax, along with explosions all over the place. Still, seeing Tommy in a proper team up and getting a team up when we went a year without it due to the New Zealand move, the episode was a treat.

I remember as a kid, sorely wishing that the MMPR and the Alien Rangers would team up, but alas, that didn't happen. So imagine how I jumped out my couch when the Alien Rangers teamed up with the Zeo Raners, with the sentai footage to match (the sentai fight is longer and better, but as an American that was a great rush of adrenaline).

If Forever Red counts, I'll go for it. Heck, they certainly put more effort there than in the the Super Megaforce finale. It was fun, used very minimal Sentai footage (I think stock footage of the Astro Megaship, and that's it), got to the point, and all the guest rangers had at least two moments to shine. I wish it was a two-parter since most team-ups are, and it would've given more time to each Ranger.

If we're doing only team-up crossovers, Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder was pretty fun. I love how both teams were more or less evenly matched (one side had powers given to them, the other learned how to wield powers, so it was nice to see the latter hold their own). Plus, we had an actual Ranger team vs. Ranger team battle for once. My only downside is that the final battle was merely a toy showcase with very little rhyme or reason, so the choreography was lax, along with explosions all over the place. Still, seeing Tommy in a proper team up and getting a team up when we went a year without it due to the New Zealand move, the episode was a treat.

I remember as a kid, sorely wishing that the MMPR and the Alien Rangers would team up, but alas, that didn't happen. So imagine how I jumped out my couch when the Alien Rangers teamed up with the Zeo Raners, with the sentai footage to match (the sentai fight is longer and better, but as an American that was a great rush of adrenaline).
    The only downside to Forever Red is Cole destroying Serpentera by himself. That was ludicrous even by this franchise's standards. Also, Jason comes across as, well, a bit of a snob towards Cole.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-09-2014 at 02:23 PM.

The only downside to Forever Red is Cole destroying Serpentera by himself. That was ludicrous even by this franchise's standards. Also, Jason comes across as, well, a bit of a snob towards Cole.
    True about Cole and Serpentera (a two-parter might have had the space and budget for the originally-intended climax: a team-up of the Red Ranger zords, even if it came down to choppy editing a la Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai).

For Jason, I didn't blame him for being a snob; I wasn't a big fan of Cole, either.

What are you guys' thoughts on Amit Bhaumik's "Hexagon" idea for Power Rangers?

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Hexagon

[QUOTE] The unused Hexagon plan, as it has come to be called, revolved around the idea of an umbrella organization unifying most of the various Power Ranger teams that have been seen over the years. The name Hexagon came from the idea that the base of operations for the season's Power Rangers would be a giant building like the Pentagon, except with six sides to symbolize the number of Power Rangers on most teams. It was conceived as a much larger version of Zordon's Command Center except with its location and purpose known to the public. An impregnable fortress staffed by hundreds, if not thousands, and far too well-defended for any of the villains of the Power Rangers universe to try attacking.

The power dynamic typically seen between heroes and villains in the show would be flipped for this season. Instead of an invasion of a vast army of evil against a few heroes operating in secret, this time the good guys would have the apparent advantage in terms of numbers and infrastructure.[QUOTE]

I'm of two minds myself. On the one hand past and current Rangers working together is a dream come true. The civil war, however, has me scratching my head and a lot of superhero vs superhero fights aren't really done well as is. All in all, an interesting idea, but what we got instead was still cool.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-12-2014 at 07:32 AM.

Power rangers brings back memories. The story was always the same though, human fight scene followed by a morph. After that was going into those machines and joining together. Pretty cool to watch back in the days, but a bit repetitive.

What are you guys' thoughts on Amit Bhaumik's "Hexagon" idea for Power Rangers?

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Hexagon

The unused Hexagon plan, as it has come to be called, revolved around the idea of an umbrella organization unifying most of the various Power Ranger teams that have been seen over the years. The name Hexagon came from the idea that the base of operations for the season's Power Rangers would be a giant building like the Pentagon, except with six sides to symbolize the number of Power Rangers on most teams. It was conceived as a much larger version of Zordon's Command Center except with its location and purpose known to the public. An impregnable fortress staffed by hundreds, if not thousands, and far too well-defended for any of the villains of the Power Rangers universe to try attacking.

The power dynamic typically seen between heroes and villains in the show would be flipped for this season. Instead of an invasion of a vast army of evil against a few heroes operating in secret, this time the good guys would have the apparent advantage in terms of numbers and infrastructure.
    I'm of two minds myself. On the one hand past and current Rangers working together is a dream come true. The civil war, however, has me scratching my head and a lot of superhero vs superhero fights aren't really done well as is. All in all, an interesting idea, but what we got instead was still cool.
    I would've loved to have seen it, though it probably would've been fanwanky to hell. One thing about Hurricanger is that only a dozen or so episodes actually focused on the Ranger vs. Ranger storyline, and there's only so much that can be mined from that footage, so I would imagine that PR would follow suit and the majority of the season would be back to status quo (oddly enough, by the middle of the season the Rangers would probably get along as if there was never any tension to begin with).

With that said, I quite liked the Ranger vs. Ranger fights in Ninja Storm and then later on the Wind Ninjas vs. Dino Thunder. A-Squad vs. B-Squad was also fun until the fight devolved into pure pyrotechnics. I'm sure Hexagon would've been fun, but I don't blame Disney/PR for choosing a different route either.

Quote Originally Posted by crebo View Post
    Power rangers brings back memories. The story was always the same though, human fight scene followed by a morph. After that was going into those machines and joining together. Pretty cool to watch back in the days, but a bit repetitive.
    Not to bash PR, but I quite like the Super Sentai source material for that reason -- yeah, much of the time they follow the same repetitive pattern, but at times it's also genre-saavy enough that it breaks repetition and can get pretty unique, especially episodes where the Rangers are outmatched. There's creativity in having them lose once in a while.