Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    BANNED

BANNED

Executive producer Simon Bennet popped over on a well known Power Rangers fan forum last night and dropped an interesting bombshell about the second season of Dino Fury: When the finale was written, it wasn't certain if Power Rangers would be returning.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Executive producer Simon Bennet popped over on a well known Power Rangers fan forum last night and dropped an interesting bombshell about the second season of Dino Fury: When the finale was written, it wasn't certain if Power Rangers would be returning.
    That reboot they planning on Netflix and that reunion feature is still a thing?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Lol how funny! This was my exact same experience. I stopped regularly watching around Turbo but did see an episode or two here and there, so I was aware of the other series. It wasn't until Ninja Storm that I came back full-time and it's probably my favorite series (RPM and SPD are 2nd/3rd respectively.)
    Even as a kid I knew Turbo was crap and bailed on that early on. Thankfully I saw an the first episode of Rangers In Space and that brought me back before I tapped out again. Since then only a few series have held my interest - RPM being one of them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    That reboot they planning on Netflix and that reunion feature is still a thing?
    Yes. Whatever they plan to do with the franchise, it will be on Netflix. I really hope there is room to do that series Yost keeps pushing. That intrigues me more than any reboot ever could.

BANNED

Whatever the plan is, they really need to adapt the comics currently running with Boom Studios.
    The guys over there are nailing it and they present a very interesting take on the Rangers.

BANNED

Power Rangers has a new showrunner

https://deadline.com/2022/06/jenny-k...ne-1235044903/

BANNED

Some details on the new season

-A new morphing sequence is presently being outlined
    -We're about a 'month and a half' away from filming
    -The title of the season is apparently Power Rangers Cosmic Fury

https://comicbook.com/powerrangers/n...ibly-revealed/

Some details on the new season

-A new morphing sequence is presently being outlined
    -We're about a 'month and a half' away from filming
    -The title of the season is apparently Power Rangers Cosmic Fury

https://comicbook.com/powerrangers/n...ibly-revealed/
    Sounds like they're adapting Kyuranger (even though I think they said they weren't?).

Yeah, several shows had been ruled out. Lupin vs Pat because of it's cops and robbers motif and recent headlines involving the police. ToQger because trains aren't popular in the US and it's already been cannibalised for two villains (Cosmo Royale in Ninja Steel and Void Queen in Dino Fury). Kyuranger due to a too large toyline, as the team has 12 rangers, and one of them has a second ranger form, so that's 13 just on the basic action figures. Zenkaiger and Donbrothers are too recent, which leaves Zyuohger and Kiramager.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I am a little confused.
    Didn't they said they will be no more adaptations from Super Sentai?
    And what have happened with that Netflix reboot and the special reunion project?

It was reported. Doesn't mean that plans can't change (the pandemic certainly delayed their other projects), or that it was ever true in the first place.

If the reunion was ever planned, it's definitely kiboshed. Austin St John was arrested a few weeks ago for fraud.
    Austin St. John (Jason) has been arrested and charged with PPP fraud

https://comicbook.com/powerrangers/n...charged-fraud/
    Trini's actor Thuy Trang died 21 years ago in a car crash, so we're now two rangers short at least for any reunion.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-22-2022 at 03:09 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It was reported. Doesn't mean that plans can't change (the pandemic certainly delayed their other projects), or that it was ever true in the first place.

If the reunion was ever planned, it's definitely kiboshed. Austin St John was arrested a few weeks ago for fraud.

Trini's actor Thuy Trang died 21 years ago in a car crash, so we're now two rangers short at least for any reunion.
    Austin was just here in Dallas for Fan Days with Karen Ashley and David Fielding. He also has a Kickstarter that is full funded for his new comic.

It's not like you couldn't still do one with all the other rangers beside the core 6 (well 5).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Damn.

Well at least his figure was out already.

Makes me go back to my question I had about what they will do about the unmasked heads for Ricardo Medina, Pua Magasiva and I guess I will add Copon to the list as well, when they get to their respective figures. No unmasked heads or ones that deliberately do not look like the actors in question given their scandals and runs in with the law.
    They can still get made just use a generic face as some of those figures do NOT look like most of the Rangers (looking at you Power Ranger in Space Blue).

No way on Earth are we not going to see complete team sets. SPD is on away (Yellow), Lost Galaxy (3-4), Wildforce (1 of 6), Lightspeed is 0 of 6 and so on.

BANNED

Austin St. John has confirmed he's out of the 30th anniversary.

He also says he's certain Jason David Frank has signed on.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 06-26-2022 at 10:24 AM.