Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Now when i think about it power rangers had the same pattern to all of them.But that didnt stop me from watching them .space patrol delta,mystic force,dino thunder,ninja storm to name a few. They were awesome, wish we had several seasons of them :P

I hop the new movie is greatness!

Ah yes, the vaunted "Hexagon".

If we take the issue of budget and Sentai aside, it would've been great...EXCEPT for the Power Rangers Civil War idea that's meant to end on a depressing note.

Power Rangers, in my mind, is meant to show that despite the power of evil, no matter how bad things get, ultimately the forces of good come through, and the heroes triumph. To see these heroes end up fighting each other instead of the bad guys? And not mind controlled, not willingly turned evil, but good guys fighting good guys? No, just no. Considering this is a comic book board, I don't think we need to look far for examples at how it's an idea that's just not suited for Power Rangers.
    -----------------------------
    Just a reminder that Shuiken Sentai Nininger starts February 15. OP and ED theme examples are here, and I gotta say, I really dig the OP.

http://columbia.jp/nng/

Power Rangers Dino Charge also starts on Feb 7, and from the first few episode summaries posted on Rangerboard (A board I'm a very frequent member on), they sound very interesting.

On the comics front, the most recent Papercutz MMPR comic just showed a very interesting scenario on exactly how Rita obtained the Green Ranger Dragon coin.

Ultimate Member

I always wanted to see a more grown up Power Rangers on like HBO or something, to where they'd only get the suits at all at like the end of the first season or something like that, fewer crazy monsters and all of that and more problems that don't end in giant fights that destroy downtown only to then have everything fixed in the next episode...maybe some people would be against the Power Rangers for all of the damage that their battles cause and such...

I always was a Billy/Kimberly fan, but I know full well about David Yost being gay but I didn't when the show was on and all...kind of odd because red is my favorite color...still also always weird to see an actress that played a power ranger naked in a movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Ah yes, the vaunted "Hexagon".

If we take the issue of budget and Sentai aside, it would've been great...EXCEPT for the Power Rangers Civil War idea that's meant to end on a depressing note.

Power Rangers, in my mind, is meant to show that despite the power of evil, no matter how bad things get, ultimately the forces of good come through, and the heroes triumph. To see these heroes end up fighting each other instead of the bad guys? And not mind controlled, not willingly turned evil, but good guys fighting good guys? No, just no. Considering this is a comic book board, I don't think we need to look far for examples at how it's an idea that's just not suited for Power Rangers.
    The boat for Hexagon has long since sailed, but I feel like even if we did have an extended Ranger Civil War storyline, the powers that be and the universe itself would see to it that all the Rangers would -- very unnaturally -- share a laugh and hang out at the equivalent of Ernie's Juice Bar before the season even hit the 1/4th mark, thus ending all hostilities, just like Ninja Storm did in reality. And all just because Rangers generally aren't known for holding grudges or long memories

As for Ninninger, I'm going to tune in for sure, which I haven't done in a while for Sentai (man, Go-Busters...). I love the concept and I love 90% of the suits -- but make the white boots the appropriate ranger color (they look like they're fighting in tube socks); thus, only the White Ranger looks like she has a complete costume.

I'll also give Dino Charge a chance. I'm optimistic because: 1) Judd Lynn is coming back; 2) the Red Ranger seems much more charismatic than milquetoast Troy; and 3) It can't possibly get any worse than Super Megaforce, right? (Right??)

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I always wanted to see a more grown up Power Rangers on like HBO or something, to where they'd only get the suits at all at like the end of the first season or something like that, fewer crazy monsters and all of that and more problems that don't end in giant fights that destroy downtown only to then have everything fixed in the next episode...maybe some people would be against the Power Rangers for all of the damage that their battles cause and such...
    I think one of PR's weaknesses early on was the lack of recurring villains. Yeah, there were generals like Goldar and regular lieutenants like Baboo and Squat, but monsters rarely appeared more than once. I think there's plenty of value in seeing a few more villains defeated but coming back when least expected, much like any other hero's Rogue's Gallery (I quite liked how Dino Thunder handled Zeltrax in this regard).

I always was a Billy/Kimberly fan, but I know full well about David Yost being gay but I didn't when the show was on and all
    He didn't publicly come out until well after his time on the show. But according to almost all reports, virtually all his fellow Rangers were aware and supported him while the producers were openly homophobic and just generally gross to him.
    Last edited by Cyke; 01-24-2015 at 12:08 PM.

To finalize how utterly depressing this Hexagon season would've been, here's one aspect that people have overlooked. Yes, the Hexagon season would've had past rangers, but they would serve as a backdrop to the actual new rangers of that season.

And, well, here was the idea of what they planned to do for the Red Ranger.

http://www.rangerboard.com/showpost....4&postcount=91

To finalize how utterly depressing this Hexagon season would've been, here's one aspect that people have overlooked. Yes, the Hexagon season would've had past rangers, but they would serve as a backdrop to the actual new rangers of that season.

Yikes. That's on the verge of Game of Thrones territory right there, not Power Rangers.

It's begun.

It's begun.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Just finished watching Episode 1... As a Sentai fan who loved Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger, I'm disappointed. They ripped out everything but the suits, mechas, and 95% of the villain costumes.

However, I'm seeing that Saban is putting some actual EFFORT into making this series theirs. The characters so far are exactly what you expect from Power Rangers, there's a "Ernie's Juice Bar" equivalent shown, the bad guys are from space and have some personality. I'm already curious if they are going to transfer over the excellent storylines for Poisandra(Candelilla) and Wrench(Aigaron) from the Sentai... And where the frag is Luckyuro? Probably taken out so Poisandra's storyline that I just hoped would happen doesn't.

But it's only episode 1. Like I said, they are putting in effort to make the material their own instead of just adapting the Sentai with an English cast.

It astounds me sometimes that people want the PR to be so much like the Sentai, when we've seen the last time that ended up happening.

Episode 1 of DC went through so much effort to be different from Kyoryuger, it's practically welcome by this point.

Extraordinary Member

i really liked the first episode

I post on Rangerboard and saw that piece of info to. I'm not sure people could have been able to handle something so depressing to be honest.

So we've talked about how the finale to SMF could have been better. Besides that what do you guys feel are the biggest missed opportunities in the PR franchise. For me it would be the lack of involvement of the older Rangers in the plot of In Space. Especially when it comes to Zordon's death. Though i do like the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So we've talked about how the finale to SMF could have been better. Besides that what do you guys feel are the biggest missed opportunities in the PR franchise. For me it would be the lack of involvement of the older Rangers in the plot of In Space. Especially when it comes to Zordon's death. Though i do like the season.
    We never did get a throwdown with Rita and Zedd VS The Rangers.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.