Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Finally saw it. A few notes (AND SPOILERS!):

-We're only 1 episode in and the Rangers are already better developed as characters than the last two teams, and particularly Mega Force. They didn't seem generic cookie cutters or wannabe analogues of the originals.

-Red, in particular, is a much better actor than the previous two, who seemed to be models first (it helps that he already had some good acting experience, such as an appearance on American Horror Story)

-How awesomely grim is it to start the episode with the destruction of the Earth? That's pretty gutsy for an American kids' show, but in a way it evokes the premiere for Go-Busters, too. And besides, the episode's upbeat nature and the vibrant colors in the museum very much overrode it, which is perfectly fine.

-There's no samba to the morph (yay!) But it's only the first episode, so who knows? The samba might become routine later on.

-Final battle of the episode was a bit short, but hey, that's fine for a first episode. And I liked how it twisted some tropes (e.g. accidentally morphing, not knowing how to handle the gun, etc)

-With that said, I really like how fluid and fast the wirework was in this episode. It evokes some of the older PR shows like Time Force, without the overkill of some of the Disney seasons.

-Only downside really -- the same generic sound effects they've been using since Dino Thunder, complete with the squeaky generic laser sounds. If they start reusing the same dollar store toy laser sounds that the Simpsons uses (and it's a comedy), I'm going to be pretty annoyed
    Last edited by Cyke; 01-30-2015 at 11:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Keeper is definately a badass. If it weren't for those stupid meteors i gurantee you he'd have pulled together a Ranger team made up of dinosaurs

Speaking of Dino Thunder, remember where THOSE powers came from? The asteroids that wiped out the dinos.

So we've definitely got a Dino Thunder-Dino Charge connection here.

Just when we thought we could put the actions of Skylar Deleon behind us:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/01/power-...#ixzz3QWrn25Pc

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Just when we thought we could put the actions of Skylar Deleon behind us:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/01/power-...#ixzz3QWrn25Pc
    Not a whole lot of details, but it sounds like it was self defense.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=983804

I'm going to wait until more real information comes out.
    I mean, it's TMZ.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Finally saw it. A few notes (AND SPOILERS!):
    -How awesomely grim is it to start the episode with the destruction of the Earth? That's pretty gutsy for an American kids' show, but in a way it evokes the premiere for Go-Busters, too. And besides, the episode's upbeat nature and the vibrant colors in the museum very much overrode it, which is perfectly fine.
    I really want to get around to watching Busters at some point.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Not a whole lot of details, but it sounds like it was self defense.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=983804

I'm going to wait until more real information comes out.
    I mean, it's TMZ.
    The local ABC affiliate also reported on it, though it appears it could be self-defense: http://abc7.com/news/former-power-ra...valley/499910/

JDF, obviously, jumped the gun and berated Medina for making the franchise look bad. Because for JDF, the brand is more important than a man losing his life and the consequences of that action. Sutter's family and loved ones are going to suffer horribly. If Medina did it accidentally, he has to live with that horrific accident. There are no winners here in any case, but JDF's more concerned with being the company suck-up.

Extraordinary Member

The local ABC affiliate also reported on it, though it appears it could be self-defense: http://abc7.com/news/former-power-ra...valley/499910/

JDF, obviously, jumped the gun and berated Medina for making the franchise look bad. Because for JDF, the brand is more important than a man losing his life and the consequences of that action. Sutter's family and loved ones are going to suffer horribly. If Medina did it accidentally, he has to live with that horrific accident. There are no winners here in any case, but JDF's more concerned with being the company suck-up.
    From.the little we know, it may very well have been self defense.

Either way, this is a tragedy. The families have enough to deal with
    without JDF mouthing off about it.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Here's Austin St. John's comments on the matter. Keep in mind that it was filmed a couple days ago, so before the news that Medina wouldn't be charged, but you have to appreciate that ASJ's not interested in pointing fingers or blaming anyone, and is much more about the coping process during a tragedy.

All-New Member

Wow. I remember watching this series with my brother when we were like 8. Ugh, I feel so old now. It's amazing how far it's come till now.

Best ranger is obviously Kimberly.

Here's Austin St. John's comments on the matter. Keep in mind that it was filmed a couple days ago, so before the news that Medina wouldn't be charged, but you have to appreciate that ASJ's not interested in pointing fingers or blaming anyone, and is much more about the coping process during a tragedy.

Exactly why Jason is still my favorite ranger.

Spectacular Member Carmen_Rider's Avatar

I just heard about this. This should be investigated properly. But I think Medina's career is in hot water. I'd say, a person's life was taken here, so he can't be off the hook yet till they're sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaman View Post
    Exactly why Jason is still my favorite ranger.
    That was classy of him. He'd known Medina before, right? Weren't they in that Red Rangers reunion special a while back?

BANNED

I wish they could drop that horrible flash sound effect.