Lightbulb Green Goblin: Capture the Demon

The Green Goblin is perhaps Spider-Man's strangest nemesis.

The Green Goblin was once a regular scientist named Norman Osborn.

Norman Osborn was born in New Haven, Connecticut as the son of industrialist Ambrose Osborn. In college, where he studies chemistry and electrical engineering, Norman meets his sweetheart Emily, gets married, and eventually has a son whom he names Harry. In his adulthood, he co-founds a major firm with his former professor Mendel Stromm called Oscorp Industries, of which he is owner and president. However, Emily becomes ill and dies when Harry is barely a year old. Norman discovers an experimental strength/intelligence enhancement formula. When Osborn attempts to create a serum with it in desperation, it turns green and explodes in his face. The accident greatly increases his intelligence and physical abilities, but also drives him to destructive insanity (source of information: Wikipedia).

Norman Osborn creates a soaring jet-device and decides to hurl pumpkin-carved bombs to terrorize Spider-Man in his beloved city.

The Green Goblin has been featured in many comic book stories and Hollywood (USA) films.

While others have carried the sinister torch of the Green Goblin (such as Norman's own son Harry), it was Norman Osborn who gave the creature its prophetic inception.

As Spider-Man soars on spider-webs and uses natural gifts of agility to tackle terror, the Green Goblin relies on diabolical devices and weapons to exact mayhem with enhanced maniacal prowess.

To defeat the evil Green Goblin, Spider-Man must coordinate agility with self-control.

Norman Osborn

goblin.jpg

I support this thread.

Loved reading Dark Avengers lately, it handled Norman in his then-current role well.

My favorite Goblin. Easily. I always thought Norman was Spider-Man's best villain.

iMan 42s

While I do prefer Doc Ock and his brand of villainy I have to admit Norman really screwed Peter up. While not Norman's fault Peter becoming the Goblin due to his memories from 616 in House of M only made it more obvious that Green Goblin will always be there watching and messing with Peter.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Arrow The City's Ghoul

Spider-Man comics preceded all these recent manga and movies about urban mobility (i.e., "The Matrix" - 1999).

Spider-Man soars through the city air. The Green Goblin soars likewise on his devious jet device.

Who was it that invented the modern city --- the Greeks, right? All things flow into the city. The Taliban knew this when they attacked the World Trade Center in NYC in 2001.

The Green Goblin is the ultimate city terrorist, more freakish than Two-Face from Batman (DC Comics) stories about Gotham City.

I like James Franco's portrayal of Harry Osborn's development of the Green Goblin (aka, the 'New Goblin') in the Hollywood (USA) film "Spider-Man 3" (2007), but I prefer Willem Dafoe's portrayal of Norman Osborn's Green Goblin in the Hollywood (USA) film "Spider-Man" (2002).

To get inside Norman Osborn's head, you have to understand why someone would want to terrorize a city in the first place. Maybe Norman's frustrated with parasitic traffic. It's because of Norman Osborn that I find the Green Goblin more calculating than the Hobgoblin. However, I bet we'll see the Hobgoblin in the next Spider-Man film.

green-goblin.jpg