Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raefe Mahadeo View Post
    What we know about the film: The villain will be Apocalypse, which, nice change-up from Magneto and we may get a redemption story of sorts for Magneto out of it.

It will feature teenage Storm, Jean and Cyclops (likely as a springboard for a set of movies focusing on them)

It will close out the Xavier, Magneto, Mystique trilogy and the stories will likely not center around that current movie X trinity.

There's plans for Gambit to replace Wolverine as lead character of the franchise.

We're getting a Deadpool movie.

possibility of teenage Nightcrawler in Apocalypse, fan theory I find likely of Wolverine being a drone villain horseman (basically Deadpools role in origins without the understated fan outrage)

I personally dread the day when the rights revert back to marvel and any scenes of emotional depth or that convey the series metaphor are offset with overly clever quips/ oneliners or humorous antics filled with cheese that are refreshingly "brilliant". Not a Marvel studios hater, but they follow a very clear formula that at times has mixed results.

But yes, 2 movies is too long to focus on 3 characters and how dare they use the series most popular/ profitable character more than twice? Gonna go with twice
    The only things in your statement that have been announced, everything else is rumored and speculation. At this point I think Marvel would do a better job with X-Men than this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I guess after the Avengers fans were hoping to see the X Men acting as a team on film.
    First film of new trilogy: Team of Xavier, Magneto, Havok, Banshee, Beast, Mystique, and Darwin seen acting as a team.

Second film of new trilogy: Team of Xavier, Magneto, Storm, Colossus, Iceman, Wolverine, Bishop, Sunspot, Iceman, Shadowcat, and Blink seen acting as a team.

I'm not seeing a problem here with X teams being represented.

I'm a huge fan of both Jackman and Wolverine, but I also wanted to see Rogue, Gambit, Colossus and Nightcrawler, plus Bishop and Archangel.
    Ah, I think I see the problem now. The team in either movie didn't have most of your favorites.

It doesn't help much that Mystique and Magneto aren't X Men.
    Both have been members of X teams. It isn't uncommon for Magneto and Mystique to work with the X-Men when it suits their purposes. It usually ends badly, like in the movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
    I know it's the little things, but the fact that people think Mystique is a hero really bugs me. Mystique is one of the most requested "heroes" in Marvel Heroes, and it's like...she's evil!
    That video game that lets you play as Loki, Juggernaut, and Taskmaster...and will soon let you play as Magneto, Venom, and Doctor Doom?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    I really like Jennifer Lawrence, and she's a great actress, but I think her casting is hurting the X-Men movies. Due to how popular she is, it feels like the movies are being written more about Mystique than about the X-Men as a whole. Days of Future Past was extremely guilty of this, and it appears the same will happen with Apocalypse.
    She was a smaller part of that movie than First Class, despite a big part of that movie being about people looking for her.

In which movies X-Men didn't act as a team? Wolverine and Wolverine: Origins?

She was a smaller part of that movie than First Class, despite a big part of that movie being about people looking for her.
    It was obvious after First Class that if this movie is followed up then Mystique will be more relevant than she was in original trilogy. And that was before Lawrence became super popular. But revisionists are going to revision history like they always do.
    Last edited by HsssH; 11-13-2014 at 07:26 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DayDreamer009 View Post
    The only things in your statement that have been announced, everything else is rumored and speculation. At this point I think Marvel would do a better job with X-Men than this.
    Singer, who's the director confirmed teenage cyke, jean and storm inclusion. And a desire to use Nightcrawler/ Gambit in the film

Lauren Shuler Donner on the Gambit central focus initiative.

Simon kinberg, the writer of the DoFP movie and Apocalypse stated Apocalypse as the end of the Magneto/ Xavier/ Mystique trilogy and a shifted focus away from them afterwards.

Wasn't it announced that Gambit is getting a movie too?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    First film of new trilogy: Team of Xavier, Magneto, Havok, Banshee, Beast, Mystique, and Darwin seen acting as a team.

Second film of new trilogy: Team of Xavier, Magneto, Storm, Colossus, Iceman, Wolverine, Bishop, Sunspot, Iceman, Shadowcat, and Blink seen acting as a team.

I'm not seeing a problem here with X teams being represented.

Ah, I think I see the problem now. The team in either movie didn't have most of your favorites.

Both have been members of X teams. It isn't uncommon for Magneto and Mystique to work with the X-Men when it suits their purposes. It usually ends badly, like in the movies.
    Well, we all like to see our favourites on film, that's why we pay to see them.

I for one am not going to waste my money watching characters I can't stand.

But I still think the only film where the characters looked and felt like a team was the Avengers.
    Last edited by motherofpearl1; 11-13-2014 at 08:11 AM.

BANNED

Yeah, why did they feel Magneto needed a romance? This just sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Wasn't it announced that Gambit is getting a movie too?
    Yep, with Channing Tatum as Gambit.

Will their romance be a focus or will it be something in the movie, along with Apocalypse making it a disaster movie?

Hmm, maybe I should read the article...
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

So again Beast will be totally ignored as a romantic figure. Of course. I do not respect this creative choice.

Oh.... there goes my hope that Mystique will be openly bisexual with Destiny in the film...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So again Beast will be totally ignored as a romantic figure. Of course. I do not respect this creative choice.
    Yeah, because in the comics who Beast dates is always a key plot point in the X-verse

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Oh.... there goes my hope that Mystique will be openly bisexual with Destiny in the film...

Yeah, because in the comics who Beast dates is always a key plot point in the X-verse

Actually, there was a recent article on the net which said Mystique would be involved in a love triangle with Beast and Erik.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    In which movies X-Men didn't act as a team? Wolverine and Wolverine: Origins?
    and parts of dofp