Default Hawkeye vs Deadpool #2 SPOILERS

spoilers:

It starts out with Wade, Clint, and Kate attending a briefing with Agent Adsit and numerous officers. Since Clint’s apartment was compromised, Wade offers his place. Clint asks for Ellsden’s phone to set up a trap and also drops said phone before he does so…

Black Cat, Typhoid Mary, and Ivan intercept the “bait” and believe that Ellsden had a partner who is selling the thumb drive. A skirmish occurs with Wade & Kate against Mary & Ivan. Clint gets pushed off a building by Felicia. Mary sets a bus on fire to make an escape. Adsit chides them and tells them he’ll contact them later and that they should sit tight. In the mean time, Wade buys a Nofriendo console and he, Clint, and Kate go to one of his storehouses to play video games.

Clint and Kate are surprised that Wade has a seemingly normal life and kid and that they were expecting something crazy and they shouldn’t try to figure him out because they can’t. While Wade is talking to Adsit, Michael teleports in buck naked and Benjamin Franklin’s ghost appears and winks at Kate before scaring the daylights out of her. Clint and Kate walk out angrily but Wade convinces them to let him come with them since he’s worried about Ellie and only trusts himself to take care of her. Kate and Clint wonder about his sincerity and Clint's eyes also starts to glaze over (hint, hint).

They arrive in Ellsden’s apartment complex and Ellsden’s neighbor lies and says that she doesn’t have the cat. Wade picks the lock and they tell her that she can keep the cat they just want the thumb drive. Clint’s eyes again glaze over and he begins singing “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” and then he backhands Kate, knocking her out and stabs Wade and takes the thumb drive. Wade comments that he refuses to lose to a “dude with arrows”.
    end of spoilers

Gerry Duggan continues to do well with Deadpool. Out of all the minis done this year, the ones done by him or co-authored by him have been the best (IMO). That said, I’m also digging Deadpool: Art of War by Peter David.
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 11-12-2014 at 07:14 PM.

Currently reading 3 Duggan books, and this is easily my favorite.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    Currently reading 3 Duggan books, and this is easily my favorite.
    What are the other two? Deadpool? Hulk? Nova? Arkham Manor?

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    What are the other two? Deadpool? Hulk? Nova? Arkham Manor?
    Deadpool and Arkham Manor, I also really want to read his hulk and will probably binge read it when I'm bored.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    Deadpool and Arkham Manor, I also really want to read his hulk and will probably binge read it when I'm bored.
    yeah, I'd wait for the Omega Hulk storyline to finish so you can do it all in one go.

Did you check out the Death of Wolverine: Deadpool & Captain America one-shot last month? It's also by Duggan and is a pretty decent epilogue for the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly arc of the Deadpool main series.

It's pretty good. Duggan seems to be one of those old school writers who still drops hints for things to come before the twist comes out.
    Like Clint continually to goof (breaking chairs, dropping phones).
    Also this series has the cutest Kate (She's far more mature in Young Avengers and Hawkeye).

Favorite of the DP mini series running so far. The Hawkeyes trip over to Wade's was hilarious, also loved the little continuity nods like Typhoid Mary and DP's history, and good surprise ending. Must have happened at the end of last issue.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    yeah, I'd wait for the Omega Hulk storyline to finish so you can do it all in one go.

Did you check out the Death of Wolverine: Deadpool & Captain America one-shot last month? It's also by Duggan and is a pretty decent epilogue for the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly arc of the Deadpool main series.
    Yes, I totally forgot I read it and it was great.