• OUTCAST #5

2 5.41%
  • WALKING DEAD #134

1 2.70%
  • WYTCHES #2

8 21.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I thought Walking Dead had a strong issue, but I also really did like Drifter. Can't decide who to vote for.

Read a lot of excellent comics this week. . Ratings from best to worst.

Fade Out #3 10/10
    The Fade Out brings a tear to my eye with another excellent issue, this series is just perfect.

The Kitchen #1 (Veritigo)9.5/10
    Drifter #1 9.5/10
    Copperhead #3 9/10
    A Town Called Dragon #3 (Legendary) 8.5/10
    Clockwork Angels #6 (Boom)8/10
    Wytches #2 8/10

So tough choice this week as I really love Drifter and Copperhead, they're right up my alley. However, I'll have to go with Fade Out as it was just excellent. Can't wait for Criminal!
    Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 11-14-2014 at 06:26 PM.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Read a lot of excellent comics this week. . Ratings from best to worst.

Fade Out #3 10/10
    The Fade Out brings a tear to my eye with another excellent issue, this series is just perfect.

The Kitchen #1 (Veritigo)9.5/10
    Drifter #1 9.5/10
    Copperhead #3 9/10
    A Town Called Dragon #3 (Legendary) 8.5/10
    Clockwork Angels #6 (Boom)8/10
    Wytches #2 8/10

So tough choice this week as I really love Drifter and Copperhead, they're right up my alley. However, I'll have to go with Fade Out as it was just excellent. Can't wait for Criminal!
    Ah! So you did check out The Kitchen. Glad to have brought it to your attention.

All-New Member

My pulls and ranking:
    1. Death Vigil #5: I enjoyed every page of it. Maybe I just like this kind of fantasy story, which is a rare type nowadays.
    2. Wytches #2: This issue switches between many different scenes, and none of them is boring. Each scenes give me some chills, and I can't wait to see how those would be tied together. I guess it is a personal preference here. If you like horror stories, you'll find this one easy to like. (The fact is that I was reading The Wake and American Vampire last week, it might make me like Snyder a little more.)
    3. Copperhead #3: I am little disappointed here. The story is predictable (only for this issue of course), feels like an old western story with characters in alien costume.
    3. Outcast #5: I thought it would be the end of the first arc, so I had very high expectation. But I guess I'll have to wait a couple more. So far, #1 was still the best, even better than #2-5 combined.
    5. Fade Out #3: I might be tired after reading all the other new issues so I really couldn't enjoy this one. It also flashes back and forth between different scenes, but to me it is full of background settings. I'll definitely read it again once my head is clear up.
    6. Drifter #1: The art is stunning, and that's it. For a first issue, it doesn't impress me much.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Ah! So you did check out The Kitchen. Glad to have brought it to your attention.
    Yes it was terrific, thank you. Been meaning to check out more Vertigo titles, so this gritty crime tale is just perfect.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

The Fade Out continues to be excellent; guess I'll have to look into The Kitchen, and Drifter, too. As it was, it was a very expensive week for me!

But it's Alex + Ada for me. It's become really my favorite title, against competition like Astro City, The Goon, Lazarus, Popeye, Rat Queens, Stray Bullets, Superannuated Man, Ten Grand, Thief of Thieves, and Unwritten-- There's a humanity to A+A, and characters of depth and feeling well-portrayed, that surpasses even those incredibly enjoyable titles. So Alex and Ada get my vote every time. And I hope, wwise03, (and everybody else), you do vote A+A best of the best next time, too.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet