Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Superior Iron Man, #1

Tony Stark is a jerk, which is nothing new, by Tom Taylor gives it a moderately fresh take in "Superior Iron Man" #1, an attractive looking issue in more ways than one despite a brief artistic stumble that impacts the story.

Full review here.

I haven't picked this up yet but I really want to like it; any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    My review:
    It's pretty good, at least better than the other Avengers Now series coming out (All New Cap).
    Proof: I'm a gentleman with fine taste. Q.E.D.

Reviews are highly subjective, and often show the lack of intelligence of the reviewer.

All-New Member

I enjoyed this issue. If Tom keep it up with this we might finally get "good" Iron man comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    I didn't think it was great, but it was mostly just set up. It was definitely interesting enough to make me interested in #2.

All-New Member

rauj13 nails it. Interesting set up. Want to see where it's going. Did think the ending was a bit off. Not sure how long they can keep it up, but I'm on for another two or three issues at least.

Spectacular Member

I thought it pretty much sucked, just like Tony does now, and I can NOT WAIT TO SEE SOMEONE KICK HIS SHINEY METAL ASS!!! I grew up reading Iron Man and except for "Teen Tony" and "Demon In A Bottle" this is a low point in the book as far as I am concerned. So I guess Tony is so self involved and loves himself so much that when he had a chance to be cured of the effects of the Inversion he ran away like a spoiled little boy. He is no better than a meth supplier! Good to see that Pepper knows what is going on and will hopefully be able the thwart the new, evil Tonys masterplan, with the help ogf who/whatever is using the old suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    I thought it pretty much sucked, just like Tony does now, and I can NOT WAIT TO SEE SOMEONE KICK HIS SHINEY METAL ASS!!! I grew up reading Iron Man and except for "Teen Tony" and "Demon In A Bottle" this is a low point in the book as far as I am concerned. So I guess Tony is so self involved and loves himself so much that when he had a chance to be cured of the effects of the Inversion he ran away like a spoiled little boy. He is no better than a meth supplier! Good to see that Pepper knows what is going on and will hopefully be able the thwart the new, evil Tonys masterplan, with the help ogf who/whatever is using the old suit.
    I think this is still taking place during AXIS. Aren't there AXIS covers that show him in the new armor. And the way Tony is now, I don't think he would see being reverted back to his pre-AXIS self as a cure. He would probably see it as going backwards. At this point, and with what he did, he's just as bad as Mephisto.

Spectacular Member

Quoted from the first page OF ISSUE #1..."WHILE MOST WERE EVENTUALLY RESTORED, A MORE SINISTER TONY STARK EVADED CHANGING BACK...AND HAS SOME SPECIAL PLANS FOR THE WORLD HE SWORE TO PROTECT."

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Tony trolling San Fran pretty hard.

Also, in AXIS #4, what was Matt Murdock doing at a base-ball game?

It was wayyyy too one-dimensional and ham-fisted about its aesop. Only the negative aspects of what this device could accomplish are laid out, not the positives like helping people with disabilities. And it expects us to believe that almost immediately after becoming beautiful, people from San Fransisco would immediately turn into bigots.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It was wayyyy too one-dimensional and ham-fisted about its aesop. Only the negative aspects of what this device could accomplish are laid out, not the positives like helping people with disabilities. And it expects us to believe that almost immediately after becoming beautiful, people from San Fransisco would immediately turn into bigots.
    Yes, if I was from San Fransisco I would be pretty mad about how the people are being portrayed here. And you bring up a good point, unless the only thing this app does is turn you beautiful. We aren't told exactly what the Extremis APP can do for you, or how it does it. IS everyone who used it now infected with a dormant virus that can be turned on and off at will?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Tony trolling San Fran pretty hard.

Also, in AXIS #4, what was Matt Murdock doing at a base-ball game?
    Watching it of cou... oh wait.

Yes, if I was from San Fransisco I would be pretty mad about how the people are being portrayed here. And you bring up a good point, unless the only thing this app does is turn you beautiful. We aren't told exactly what the Extremis APP can do for you, or how it does it. IS everyone who used it now infected with a dormant virus that can be turned on and off at will?
    Well there is a big class war going on in San Fransisco right now. The rich from out of state and the Silicon Valley are moving there. They are driving up property prices and rent. Thereby forcing the middle and lower class out. It's textbook gentrification. There have been many instances of violence as well due to it.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...+san+francisco

Amazing Member

If Marvel turns this into another round of ass-kickings for Tony, they can kiss mine.

I also don't understand the disdain toward the portrayal of the "perfected" citizens. We're living in an age where rich kids can take selfies next to the homeless, but good samaritans who try to feed them are threatened with fines and prison. We're living in a heartless society, and this issue turned a spotlight on that. It's more realistic than the anti-mutant hysteria that Marvel revels in every few months.

No, I don't like this Tony Stark as a person, but he's one of the most interesting characters in comics. He's going to be hated regardless; he might as well enjoy himself.