Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The art in this issue was unbearable compared to Leinil Yu's.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Exactly when did Wanda discover that she could fly?
    Well she is a mage. Flying is probably an easy feat for her.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I love that Wanda in flight looks all mega-permed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    I'm really enjoying this event. To see once chivalrous heroes start acting like jerks, becoming the vermin they used to oppose, is interesting.

I am curious to see how villainous the 15 X-Men and Avengers become. Looks like the X-Men go full tilt, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Storm, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Havok, and Rogue are a formidable group of baddies and Apocalypse just puts them over the top.

The little things, like Sue Storm's disapproving comment on the meeting called by Sam - "Do we have any idea what the purpose of this idiot meeting is? Where the hell is Rogers?". Of course it's completely unlike Sue to talk like that, and I love it! I wonder how the rest of the FF will react to her changed persona, especially Reed. Sue is a powerhouse and could wipe the floor with most of Marvel's heroes - will there be inner strife?

And Sam is a complete fascist bully now, instructing others to "fall in line."

I want to see how their unaffected teammates deal with these dark images.
    That's not going to happen, they were shrunken away so that we wouldn't get interesting things like that. Instead we get heroes vs heroes in the most basic form.

At least they gave an explanation for the absence of all the other heroes, right?
    So that readers and fans weren't constantly arguing "Hey! How come So-N-So isn't intervening??? COMEONMARVELRARRRR!"

Okay we already have opposite day going on right now with Axis.
    Next we can have wacky hat day.
    School colors day.
    Dress up like your teacher day.
    and 70's day.
    I just wrote the next 4 big marvel events.

Given the preview for Axis 6, it's clear that the inverted X-Men are channelling a certain not so popular real world country by annexing Manhattan. At this rate it doesn't look like there will be Gold team. Perhaps the X-Men will mind-wipe everyone of their existence before this is over.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I have been vocal against the mischaracterization of the X-men in these so-called events. The X-men have been portrayed as incompetent sheep. Now seeing Marvel take everything the X-men stand for and "invert" to a message of might makes right is a complete slap in the face. Hell i see why schism has gone on for so long it is better than turning the X-men into genetic supremacist . As for vthe X-fans that are cheering this garbage on as the X-men "fighting back" do not cry if the X-men are portrayed as ruthless racist for the next couple of years. Since you are enjoying this so much it would be the height of hypocrisy to complain when the x-men are portrayed as villians.In issue one before the inversion we had Storm and Nightcrawler cracking jokes while they were in a concentration camp full of mutants on Genosha. This event is one big freaking joke.

Yeah, well, it's soo bad that you nearly want to get the next issue just to see if it's possible to get even worse...

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Exactly when did Wanda discover that she could fly?
    For awhile now artists and some writers have given Wanda the vague abilities to teleport and fly I guess now they're going ahead with these new abilities full steam now!!!

I wonder if we are ever going to see any of the non-inverted X-Men. Seems silly that they wouldn't make an appearance and try to appeal to their inverted teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Yeah, well, it's soo bad that you nearly want to get the next issue just to see if it's possible to get even worse...
    True at this point i would be totally disappointed if Red Skull does not reappear taking the form of Prof. X and proclaiming the rise of the genetic reich. What could make this interesting is if Evan applies Apocs survival of the fittest dogma to the X-men and have them attempt to purge their ranks of the weak.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    True at this point i would be totally disappointed if Red Skull does not reappear taking the form of Prof. X and proclaiming the rise of the genetic reich. What could make this interesting is if Evan applies Apocs survival of the fittest dogma to the X-men and have them attempt to purge their ranks of the weak.
    Remender would never do that...Havok would be dead in the 2nd panel.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Remender would never do that...Havok would be dead in the 2nd panel.
    LOL he gets a exemption because he is a Summers.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    For awhile now artists and some writers have given Wanda the vague abilities to teleport and fly I guess now they're going ahead with these new abilities full steam now!!!
    She can warp reality. Flying is child's play to her.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616