Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fictional Computer Hacker August_Gorman's Avatar

Default Could Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern exist in the CWverse?

Hypothetically, could this version of the character appropriately fit the tone of he Arrow/Flash Universe?
    I haven't done my research, but I thought I read somewhere that there was mutual talent involved in both, and the idea of Reynolds having a cameo was considered.
    I'm admittedly uncynical about my big-budget fiction. For all it's flaws, I enjoyed the Green Lantern movie. He's an established live action character with ties to both Green Arrow and The Flash. There's no plans to use him in the MoS universe. So. Could be cool.
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Attack On Titan, Fight Club 2, On Guard We Stand, Ultimate End
    ____

Gus Gorman: "Hey, man!"
    Lorelei Ambrosia: "That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman."

BANNED

Aren't superheroes kind of a new thing in the world of those two shows?

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Aren't superheroes kind of a new thing in the world of those two shows?
    Maybe the movie takes place during Season 3.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

I really hope not.

Are you a big S & M guy?

Just askin.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

I'm sure it could but I would assume they'd want to set up their own.

For whatever it's worth, the Ferris Air logo was different on CW than in the movie

Movie:

Short answer: Yes.
    Personal answer: I don't think there's much incentive or demand for it. The farther everything is away from the Reynolds movie, the better, and unlike the GL movie, imo the Flash TV show is a vast and fun improvement in almost every respect, save for the SFX budget.

BANNED

They could do that but I think they'd be better off finding a new actor and forgetting the Reynolds version so that long term options can be open.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I'm sure it could but I would assume they'd want to set up their own.

For whatever it's worth, the Ferris Air logo was different on CW than in the movie

Movie:
    Is it just me, or does it look more attractive, and like out of an ad, in the second pic, like 'Fly in the clouds, feel like the clouds'?

Seems more rundown, and dirty in The Flash picture. Don't remember Ferris in Arrow, so I just don't know, assume TF.

And, would rather GL stay as itself, if no sequels, or anything. Rather it be left, continuity and cast wise, for most part - Reynolds, Strong, Duncan if still alive, and Rush, would be grand for returns, I think, whether in the same roles, or writers/directors.

I don't know, tonally, could fit with both, fun and dark wise.

BANNED

How are we supposed to pretend the movie never happened if they give him a cameo?

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    How are we supposed to pretend the movie never happened if they give him a cameo?
    Ha ha, yeah. With great effort!

But, I have read things about Green Lantern in Arrow, and I'd presume, whatever actor or Lantern it is for the DC Cinematic Universe, would be a different here, but it'd interesting to see Oliver Queen and, say, Hal Jordan interact.

Or, Guy and Barry.

Retired

I think I'm turning into a sadist. Every time someone says they hate _____ , I start to want it all the more just to see others suffer.

Bring on Laurel as Black Canary, Aunt May as a sexy spy, and Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern in ARROW.

In the series finale, I'd LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT if Reynolds as Hal Jordan showed up in Starling City. Final scene: Hal and Ollie get on their hogs and head out on the highway to find America. "Born to be Wild" plays on the soundtrack.

It would look something like this--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Is it just me, or does it look more attractive, and like out of an ad, in the second pic, like 'Fly in the clouds, feel like the clouds'?

Seems more rundown, and dirty in The Flash picture. Don't remember Ferris in Arrow, so I just don't know, assume TF.
    Folks are acting like companies don't redesign their logos every so often.

And that they don't update their logos on older properties....

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Folks are acting like companies don't redesign their logos every so often.

And that they don't update their logos on older properties....
    I'm not! No need to assume such.

I'm just saying.

Though one is a testing facility and the other may well be something quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think I'm turning into a sadist. Every time someone says they hate _____ , I start to want it all the more just to see others suffer.

Bring on Laurel as Black Canary, Aunt May as a sexy spy, and Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern in ARROW.

In the series finale, I'd LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT if Reynolds as Hal Jordan showed up in Starling City. Final scene: Hal and Ollie get on their hogs and head out on the highway to find America. "Born to be Wild" plays on the soundtrack.

It would look something like this--

two different amanda wallers with two different careers.