Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I've been re-watching these series because I started collecting the toys and Man, this was one of the best cartoons out there! The designs (setting and characters) were flawless, we had such an aery of characters and the script was so complex and mature for a kids show it's unbelievable. Maybe my favorite Batman media to date with Batman Returns and The Dark Knight.

Are you guys collecting the toys? They're having some issues but I'm hoping they fix it because I want almost all of them!

I was thinking how they could go now on forward and just for fun thought about the future waves:

Wave 5:
    New Batman Adventures: Nightwing
    New Batman Adventures: Bane
    New Batman Adventures: Ventriloquist and Scarface
    Batman The Animated Series : Poison Ivy

Wave 6:
    Batman The Animated Series: Scarecrow
    Batman The Animated Series: Commissioner Gordon
    Batman The Animated Series: Ra's Al Ghul
    New Batman Adventures: Catwoman

Wave 7:
    New Batman Adventures: Alfred
    New Batman Adventures: Clayface
    New Batman Adventures: Mad Hatter
    Batman The Animated Series: Talia

Wave 8:
    Batman The Animated Series: Phantasm
    Batman The Animated Series: Bruce Wayne
    Batman The Animated Series: Mr.Freeze
    New Batman Adventures: Joker

Wave 9:
    New Batman Adventures: Riddler
    New Batman Adventures: Firefly
    New Batman Adventures: Scarecrow
    Batman The Animated Series: Batgirl

Wave 10:
    Batman The Animated Series: Killer Crock
    Batman The Animated Series: Two-Face
    Batman The Animated Series: Clock King
    The New Batman Adventures: Renee Montoya

Wave 11:
    New Batman Adventures: Penguin
    New Batman Adventures: Commissioner Gordon
    New Batman Adventures: Ra's Al Ghul
    Batman The Animated Series: Red Claw

Wave 12:
    Batman The Animated Series: Clayface
    Batman The Animated Series: Bane
    Batman The Animated Series: Hugo Strange
    New Batman Adventures: Batwoman

It's all I can think of. For me it we had the characters I chose until my wave 8 I would be happy….Who else would you like to see?
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 12-14-2014 at 09:59 AM.

It is THE show that got me into Batman (before I was a Spiderman fan). Here are my top five episodes:

1. If You're So Smart Why aren't You Rich?-COMPLETELY changed my mind about the character of the Riddler until he has grown to become my favorite villain of all time (obviously).

2. Heart of Ice-GREAT re-imagining of Victor Freeze turning him from a random thief with an ice gun to a poignant character.

3. Almost Got'im-I love the fact that the villains get together to compare stories. Great concept.

4. Two-Face-If there was EVER a cartoon episode that explored psychology this is it.

5. Mad as a Hatter-Another revamp that made me a fan. Jervis Tetch is a great villain in this/tragic too.

Favorite Quote:

"You killed Captain Clown??.......YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN!!!" Joker-Gets me every time.

Fantastic Member

Batman laughs...
    It was Batman who taught me how to laugh when someone said something really, really childish or stupid It is more efficient than scraeming at them in rage

Personally, I do not have a favoured episode but the two I actually remember best are "Not forgotten" and "His silicon soul"

"Not forgotten" because Batman cares even about the weakest and of lowest profile of all the people in Gotham (the homeless) and that he is still the same man even if he forgot for a few days he was Batman or Bruce Wayne

"His silicon soul" because, to quote Batman "A soul of silicon, but a soul nonetheless"
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Did anybody ever tell you that your writing style really matches your location?

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardNigma View Post
    It is THE show that got me into Batman (before I was a Spiderman fan). Here are my top five episodes:

1. If You're So Smart Why aren't You Rich?-COMPLETELY changed my mind about the character of the Riddler until he has grown to become my favorite villain of all time (obviously).

2. Heart of Ice-GREAT re-imagining of Victor Freeze turning him from a random thief with an ice gun to a poignant character.

3. Almost Got'im-I love the fact that the villains get together to compare stories. Great concept.

4. Two-Face-If there was EVER a cartoon episode that explored psychology this is it.

5. Mad as a Hatter-Another revamp that made me a fan. Jervis Tetch is a great villain in this/tragic too.

Favorite Quote:

"You killed Captain Clown??.......YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN!!!" Joker-Gets me every time.
    I love all of those too but would add to my list The Trial….I love the atmosphere of craziness in Arkham during the trial.
    Also Pretty Poison…she's my favorite female villain and always loved her in the series

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I love all of those too but would add to my list The Trial….I love the atmosphere of craziness in Arkham during the trial.
    Also Pretty Poison…she's my favorite female villain and always loved her in the series
    Pretty poison for sure - I'm fond of On Leather Wings, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Good luck with that...
    Definitely will happen sooner or later.

Unfortunately I think it will be later not sooner.

The thing that really gets me about this show is that it's 22 years old now (!!!!!) and it still has the ability to give me the heebie-jeebies with some of the episodes and especially the music. It's just THAT good. The episodes that are meant to be dark and disturbing are dark and disturbing. The episodes that are meant to be light are light but also have an edge and a sort of sardonic humor to them. Now that takes skill.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Lightbulb Urban Echoes

I really liked how this show handled Batman (DC Comics) fans' appreciation of urbanization paranoia labyrinths.

In one episode, the devious Penguin hosts a strange charity event at the Gotham ice rink which is intruded on by the maniacal Joker who alters the event to his own whims.

This show, perhaps like "Gotham" (Fox TV), inspires various creative daydreams about crime tapestries in the modern vulnerable city:

"Scarecrow is chasing bewildered policemen who have been intoxicated with this deadly fear toxin. Meanwhile, the Ventriloquist has kidnapped various young women of Gotham and is holding them for a heavy ransom, declaring that the city does not handle its traffic with due strength. Penguin joins in on the ruckus by distributing false news of the mayor's drug addiction. Ra's al Ghul and his cunning daughter Talia plan to steal all the animals from the Gotham zoo as a radical statement against the city's consumerism focus on wildlife. It seems Batman already has his hands full when the Joker joins in on this evil parade and steals all the books from Gotham Library. Batman of course saves the day by distributing his personal microfiche records of Gotham City ethnic traffic in the hope that culture optimism will bring calm in this time of general havoc."

It was "Batman: The Animated Series" (Fox TV) which I believe started the recent entertainment trend of exploring urbanization paranoia, a trend perhaps begun by the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Alfred Hitchcock.

Batman: City of Crime

penguin.jpg

Amazing Member

Hey has anybody else noticed similarities between gotham city in BTAS and Metropolis, from the old silent movie Metropolis? I mean look at this posterhttp://www.uow.edu.au/~morgan/graphics/metro10.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brenster21 View Post
    Hey has anybody else noticed similarities between gotham city in BTAS and Metropolis, from the old silent movie Metropolis? I mean look at this posterhttp://www.uow.edu.au/~morgan/graphics/metro10.jpg
    um that was obviously intentional... both are inspired by a gothic/art deco vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by colossus34 View Post
    um that was obviously intentional... both are inspired by a gothic/art deco vibe.
    Yep...............

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abishai100 View Post
    Yes, I think that Batman (DC Comics) is a modern version of Sherlock Holmes, and nothing captured the basic grittiness and diligence of the Dark Knight's work better than the Fox animated series from the 1990s.
    Batman is portrayed as a great detective, but I wouldn't call him a modern version of Sherlock Holmes. The most amusing trait of the great detective is he acts as a hound for clues but he doesn't do much research with the evidence, he is a know-it-all type of person. Both Batman and the Elongated Man did that during the silver age, but only Ralph kept doing it after the 70s. Batman became a bit more like Gil Grissom. In the animated series he is all about his lab.

My favourite takes on Riddler, Two-Face, and Ra's. Such a great show, whenever I read a Batman comic its Kevin Conroy's voice I hear in my head. Same goes for Alfred, Gordon and of course, the joker.

Quote Originally Posted by gburr60 View Post
    My favourite takes on Riddler, Two-Face, and Ra's. Such a great show, whenever I read a Batman comic its Kevin Conroy's voice I hear in my head. Same goes for Alfred, Gordon and of course, the joker.
    I do the same thing.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d.w washburn View Post
    I will put it out proudly in the IMO viewpoint that Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is one of (if not the)Best Batman Movies EVER MADE!
    You're not alone. Although DKR Parts 1 & 2 certainly gives it a run for its money.