Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default The Animated Series (1992) Appreciation

...I don't know how these threads work as I normally stay away from them, but yeah! Appreciate!!! (also if this already exists, my bad mods)

I was recently thinking that Hamill's Joker might be the best voice acting I've ever encountered. Maybe Robin Williams in Aladdin, or that comes to mind at least. Hamill is definitely the voice I hear when I read any of the Joker's lines.

Also, the end of Feat of Clay where Clayface is getting electrocuted in the TV control room is one of the most amazing animated sequences I've ever seen.

Oh and the whole show is just generally the best Batman incarnation ever.

Anyone else?

Wow I can't believe this thread hasn't been made already. BTAS was my introduction into the DCU.

Top 5 episodes:
    Heart of Ice
    Perchance to Dream
    Almost Got him
    Robin's Reckoning part 1 and 2

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

I want Batman: TAS on BluRay!
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

BANNED

I think it's the best cartoon of all time. It's got to be the best-made long form animated series, at least.

Bought the DVD boxed set used--great purchase.

Favorite episodes:
    Over The Edge
    Never Fear
    On Leather Wings
    Two Face 1 & 2
    Feat Of Clay 1 & 2
    Mudslide

Incredible Member

This series was my entry point into the Batman mythos. Hasn't been topped since.

Spectacular Member The Lonely Man's Avatar

Love the show, still stands up to this day as being amongst the very best Batman ever seen on Tv.

Haven't watched any in a while but I may look to dig out the old box sets shortly.

Just from the top of my head, I'd list Robin's reckoning as being up there with the best this show has to offer, The Demons head as well, the Two Face two parter which, when originally aired on a Saturday morning (UK) drew numerous complaints due to parents believing it not being suitable for young children.

For Standalone one parters I particularly enjoyed Almost got 'im. The Cat and the Claw and Perchance to dream.

Even now when reading Batman, it's Kevin Conroy's voice I hear in my head.
    Mtgglf

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

This may still be may favorite incarnation of Bruce Wayne Batman. I don't know if it's simply b/c it's animated and the translation of emotion is different or if it's actually the great writing or what, but he just seems less abrasive/cold/brooding than in any comics or movies, but still had that stern, respectable aura about him. ...which is what I look for most from Batman.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

I will put it out proudly in the IMO viewpoint that Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is one of (if not the)Best Batman Movies EVER MADE!

Arrow A Handsome Riddler: Menu Intelligibility

Yes, I think that Batman (DC Comics) is a modern version of Sherlock Holmes, and nothing captured the basic grittiness and diligence of the Dark Knight's work better than the Fox animated series from the 1990s.

I used to watch regularly, since it aired after school.

Something that made the animated series stand out is its clean presentation of the Riddler, a Gotham nemesis who basically represents the scheming traits of criminal insanity as it applies to social terrorism.

The writing surrounding the development and celebration of the Riddler on the Fox animated series rivals anything we've seen so far in other media (i.e., Riddler feature issues, Jim Carrey's portrayal in the big-budget movie adaptation, Edward Nygma introduction in the new Fox show about early Gotham City, etc.).

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

You are appreciated. Dear, B:TAS.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

That is all.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Got me into comics. And to this day I believe that it and it's spiritual successors (Stas JL Batman Beyond etc. ) are the greatest Superhero cartoons ever made. Perhaps the greatest cartoons period.

Astonishing Member

I fucking love this show. The look of it, the writing, the voice talent, the music etc.

Quote Originally Posted by masahikotahara View Post
    I want Batman: TAS on BluRay!
    Good luck with that...

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post

That is all.
    Ditto!

No, really, it's not just Harley for me. The entire B:TAS is such an amazing series and really the reason I love Batman so much. It brings back so many memories for me of being a kid and watching it after school or catching it at odd times because Cartoon Network never liked to show it at times that made too much sense. To this day, it's one of the grittiest, cutting-edge cartoons and it still holds up. It has some of the best voice-acting I've heard in cartoons and no one can ever top Hamill's Joker. He is the Joker, far as I'm concerned, and Kevin Conroy is still the voice of Batman for me.

I'll never run out of good things to say about this series. So thrilled they're finally releasing articulated action figures based off B:TAS character designs. Have you guys grabbed any yet? I think they've released Mr. Freeze, Two-Face, and Catwoman so far.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender