Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Lazarus Appreciation 2018

So this is the thread to to discuss and post anything about Lazarus and it's main protagonist Forever Carlyle

"This is me being reasonable"

This thread is an absolute must. Nice job for starting it. Can't wait for the next issue, the cover alone is awesome.

I was watching The Book of Eli last night and at the end, when they show Solara (Mila Kunis) w/ Eli's blade, it reminded me of Forever.

Fantastic Member

I love Forever

to business:
    Eve seems to be a very tense or is that just me.

Subscribed!!

I'm interested in checking this out,

I do need to ask what issue is it at because i know that the trades(i usually pick up trades because i'm impatient) say about 15.

Edit i found out its currently 3 unless it gets canceled at 15. I might check it out.
    at the minute i collect alot of Marvel
    Witchblade from Top Cow
    thinking of adding Ravine and now this.
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 11-13-2014 at 09:41 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post

I do need to ask what issue is it at because i know that the trades(i usually pick up trades because i'm impatient) say about 15.

Edit i found out its currently 3 unless it gets canceled at 15. I might check it out.
    Witchblade from Top Cow
    Issue #13 is the next one out in a couple weeks. I strongly suggest jumping on. There's nothing else like this book in comics.

Witchblade from Top Cow
    Good choices. Ravine is really good too.

Witchblade from Top Cow
    There's a hardcover of the first 9 issues due out next month. Plus it's supposed to have a load of the world-building and backmatter notes that are absent from the paperback editions. It would be, IMO, an excellent place to jump on.

Ahhh such a great book and who doesn't love Forever?

In the last issue it was great seeing her interact with the other Lazaruseses(sorry). At first I thought there might be some type of big differences but there was an underlying comradery that was fun to watch as they sparred. Plus I love how she's genetically altered to be so large but her proportions aren't all hulked out.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Such a good series. I love the world that Rucka and Lark are building in Lazarus. It's a world that could potentially support multiple ongoing. I'm really looking forward to how the plot line that Forever isn't really related to her family. I'm hoping for it to eventually lead to a Lazari war in which the Lazarus of each family joins together to fight against the families.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Ahhh such a great book and who doesn't love Forever?

In the last issue it was great seeing her interact with the other Lazaruseses(sorry). At first I thought there might be some type of big differences but there was an underlying comradery that was fun to watch as they sparred. Plus I love how she's genetically altered to be so large but her proportions aren't all hulked out.
    Agreed, that was pretty cool. I, for one, am really hoping that there isn't a love interest brewing here but I feel pretty confident that there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Agreed, that was pretty cool. I, for one, am really hoping that there isn't a love interest brewing here but I feel pretty confident that there is.
    There's so much going on with the possible shift in powers between the families and their alliances, the possibility of an uprising/rebellion, plus the Forever mystery that I don't think you have to worry about romance dominating the plot. If war does break out it will be sad to see the Forever and the others fight. With just a couple scenes Rucka really established how much they understand each other and it'll be a shame seeing them get forced into a battle.

Depending on how long this series last, hopefully Forever, does anyone have a preference for art duties for when Lark will eventually need a breather for an arc or two? Billy Tan when he illustrated Daredevil seems like a decent match and even though it wouldn't happen I think Clay Mann would be THE perfect artist to rotate on this series. Just look at his Elektra run and you could easily see that work for Lazarus.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    This thread is an absolute must. Nice job for starting it. Can't wait for the next issue, the cover alone is awesome.

Thanks and I have to agree with you there.
    That cover is really awesome. Can't wait for the next issue.

Tonight or tomorrow I will reread all issues again. I always do that with comics that I really enjoyed and I often notice certain things and details only after repeated reading.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I'm a huge fan of Lazarus and Rucka.

Absolutely in love with Lazarus. The politicking in the comic is so well executed and just elevates the intelligence of the book above most other books in the industry at the moment. Rucka said that the number of readers has plateaued a bit so I really hope more people will realise how excellent this is and pick it up!

And I concur, the next two covers are beautiful. Really feel like they're stepping up the cover art from issue 11!