Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I have enjoyed the book but the gap between issue's is getting annoying , so I am considering dropping it . Didn't really enjoy X + 66 much . Didn't like the feel of it for some reason .

I'm not happy with the delays and have dropped the book.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    I have enjoyed the book but the gap between issue's is getting annoying , so I am considering dropping it . Didn't really enjoy X + 66 much . Didn't like the feel of it for some reason .
    It's really hard for me to get excited about X+66, because it's a prequel to a distopia, so...I just feel like everything that happens there will be bad. At least with the main series, there's a bit of hope that something good will happen. Or something better.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I have learned patience in anticipation of quality. Glad to see each next issue when it arrives.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    I have learned patience in anticipation of quality. Glad to see each next issue when it arrives.
    I'm in the same boat....Although it would be great if each issue of every title I read was released on a timely, month-by-month basis (Or, hell, bi-weekly, at that), my life doesn't depend on whether a comic is delayed or not. I prefer knowing the creative team will release quality material, rather than a rush-job or last-minute substitute artists grabbing the helm.

It's sad to see the numbers on this book fell so drastically, so I guess a lot of comic readers are demanding people. Either that or they figured they'd wait for the trades.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It's really hard for me to get excited about X+66, because it's a prequel to a distopia, so...I just feel like everything that happens there will be bad. At least with the main series, there's a bit of hope that something good will happen. Or something better.
    Um, X+66 isn't a prequel. It follows on from the last issue but from different points of view. I'm sure it's going to be pretty essential going forward.

And, the quarterly, double-sized issues is an interesting way for them to go but I'm just a bit worried that as of November, no issues have been solicited.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

With the price hikes across publishers, increases w/o any backmatter (and some the elimination of) and for many lower quality paper/print, I’ve dropped nearly all floppies and those I trade wait are even more selective as a result. The few exceptions are:
    -Lazarus due to the extensive backmatter [if more books did this then I’d pull them too; Sex Crims another but that appears it only has a single issue left, #69]
    -whatever Brubaker/Phillips put out
    -first issue of an Image title that intrigues me [to determine if I’ll get the trade]
    -DC’s ‘premium’ offerings that have high quality printing and no ads [Doomsday Clock and likely many of the upcoming Black Label books that’ll be oversized, starting with Batman Damned ... btw DC’s new line wide paper/matte printing is great]

Specific to Lazarus, I’ll definitely keep pulling it so long as backmatter content continues, but yeah its concerning that we’ve only seen 3 Lark issues since October 2016 (issue 27 in March 2017, issues 28 & 29 in April/May 2018); I thought the first ‘quarterly’ was supposed to have been Aug/Sep so if solicited for Dec its a quarter late ... this may ultimately push me to just hardcover wait.
    Last edited by comicfiend; 09-01-2018 at 05:56 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Um, X+66 isn't a prequel. It follows on from the last issue but from different points of view. I'm sure it's going to be pretty essential going forward.

And, the quarterly, double-sized issues is an interesting way for them to go but I'm just a bit worried that as of November, no issues have been solicited.
    I thought the point of X+66 was "66 years after the events which led to the current status quo"?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

X+66 follows the events of Cull

I bought all the issues for that and never got past #2

Maybe I wasn't feeling it because Lark wasn't on art
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

I didn't pick up the last one.. I just lost more and more interest as it went on

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Wow, I totally loved X+66. None of the artists were as good as Lark but they were all good to great single-issue stories that also added to the overall mythology.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

I actually made it though all six issues but just wasn't impressed with it . Just read issue 28 , and on back cover they a advertising Fracture part 1 x+68 . But at 5.99 or 6.99 for quarterly issues I may have to just drop out of the series . Especially when you convert it to Canadian funds , 8.40 and 8.80 is just to much .

I actually made it though all six issues but just wasn't impressed with it . Just read issue 28 , and on back cover they a advertising Fracture part 1 x+68 . But at 5.99 or 6.99 for quarterly issues I may have to just drop out of the series . Especially when you convert it to Canadian funds , 8.40 and 8.80 is just to much .
    I believe intent with the quarterly was twice the page content (eg equivalent of 2 issues) for that $6-7 USD ... so, presumed less per page than current. For me though, the extreme delays likely pushing me to hardcover waiting (admittedly I’d rather have a delay while retaining original creative team ... but for me the reading experience ‘better’ in larger chunks, akin to ‘binging’ TV episodes, such that said delays pushing me further in that direction)

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Regarding X+66, my biggest complaint was that I missed Forever. I missed the family in-fighting, back-biting. But mostly I just missed reading about Forever.
    I agree that the quarterly is supposed to be double page count plus... haven't seen it listed though...
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet